• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm currently writing my speech and a question has arisen- how will you distribute the influence this time?
I mean, if the Senate advices that the expedition to the Eastern Ocean will be financed by the Imperium, surely this is a victory to the Blue demes- however, if the Senate passes a decision for a White national focus and idea group this will be a (much) bigger victory for the White demes.
Oh, and also- at the time of the Senate session, what year is it? I searched and didn't found.
Third Senate Session takes place on 1st January 1480 AD.

I'll respond to your comments later guys, I'm currently busy preparing the Session (adding new Senators and Houses, preparing next Diarium etc.) and writing next "Pro Fide" chapter - sorry!

Third Senate Session takes place on 1st January 1480 AD.

I'll respond to your comments later guys, I'm currently busy preparing the Session (adding new Senators and Houses, preparing next Diarium etc.) and writing next "Pro Fide" chapter - sorry!

Never apologize for working on your projects. They make up for the delay.

The next session will be interesting...

The Whites are in power, but they have few members and they have been horribly corrupt. Domenico is a man of honor, and may not wish to associate with such scoundrels anymore. In addition, Domenico's been alive longer than I had originally planned, which means Christoforo gets less time. I'm not sure if he'll be around for the next idea group, so I have to take that into consideration as well.

Also, I'm very sad that Andre Massena's not able to continue with us, I really liked the dynamic we had. Oh well, I'll have to make more enemies, not that hard really. :D

The next session will be interesting...

The Whites are in power, but they have few members and they have been horribly corrupt. Domenico is a man of honor, and may not wish to associate with such scoundrels anymore. In addition, Domenico's been alive longer than I had originally planned, which means Christoforo gets less time. I'm not sure if he'll be around for the next idea group, so I have to take that into consideration as well.

Also, I'm very sad that Andre Massena's not able to continue with us, I really liked the dynamic we had. Oh well, I'll have to make more enemies, not that hard really. :D

Oh I think the next generation of Blues will be interesting to follow :p
The murder of Leontios opens up the door to Maximos Raoul, one character I can't wait to use

Oh I think the next generation of Blues will be interesting to follow :p
The murder of Leontios opens up the door to Maximos Raoul, one character I can't wait to use
Yep, and the marriage between Maximos and the sister of my future Senator, Antiochos, will make it even more interesting- either a great alliance, or if Maximos will treat her harshly, the opposite :p

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #4[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their new delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Aeneas Taurinus
  • senator Alvar Cortez
  • senator Arman II Eliasian
2) that the privilege of representation in the Imperial Senate has been granted to the following new noble Houses:
  • House Serapis (played by: Serpent)
  • House Argyros (played by: Tharassian)
  • House di Capponi (played by: Enlil)
3) that the aforementioned noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their first delegates to the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Marcus VI Serapis (played by: Serpent)
  • senator Ioustinianos Argyros (played by: Tharassian)
  • senator Ferruccio di Capponi (played by: Enlil)
4) that the following noble Houses have the right to appoint new delegates to the Imperial Senate
  • House Kastelos
  • House Zvonimir
  • House Ouranos
3) that as of 1st January 6988 Anno Mundi (1480 AD) the Imperial Senate consists of 24 SENATORS, as shown in the following list:

[SIZE=+1]
NRIMPERIAL SENATORPLAYED BYSENATE FACTION
1.Hadrianos Raoul (Blue Leader)(Attalus)Blue Demes
2.Ioannes Kantakouzenos(MaskedPersonage)White Demes
3.pending nomination of the House Kastelos(Leandor)???
4.Lazaros Melissenos(McGrey)Blue Demes
5.Theophilus Rhadenos (White Leader)(viola)White Demes
6.Septimark Wedrovander(Kingjerkera)unaffiliated
7.Anastasios VI Salamis(ParrotGuy)Blue Demes
8.Aeneas Taurinus(Ponce_The_Great)unaffiliated
9.Konstantinos Moustakas(Andre Massena)Red Demes
10.Georgios Tsoukalos(Halocon720)Blue Demes
11.pending nomination of the House Zvonimir(Paragonfilmgoat)???
12.Alvar Cortez(zqrfmb)unaffiliated
13.Nicholaus II d'Este-Ravenna(Undead Martyr)Red Demes
14.Domenico Columbo (Red Leader)(luciusmalfoy012)Red Demes
15.Michael Scipion(varetta)Red Demes
16.Zubinus V Jalius(alamking)Blue Demes
17.Alexzander Victorianous (KotoR45)unaffiliated
18.pending nomination of the House Ouranos(Blogman66)???
19.Osgar Godric(Malal)Red Demes
20.Alexios Batavos(LordSolar)Red Demes
21.Frederik V Hvide(Drucchi)Blue Demes
22.Alexios Chrysos(Mighty Imhotep)unaffiliated
23.Arman II Eliasian(eliaspays)unaffiliated
24.Gaius Arrius(TheAnguishedOne)Blue Demes
25.Marcus VI Serapis(Serpent)unaffiliated
26.Ioustinianos Argyros(Tharassian)unaffiliated
27.Ferruccio di Capponi(Enlil)unaffiliated
28.(VACANT)(VACANT)...
29.(VACANT)(VACANT)...
30.(VACANT)(VACANT)...
[/SIZE]

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

[size=+1]IMPORTANT[/size]

I was unable to add new Houses to the second post of this thread because of the character limit per one post (apparently there is one :D), so for the time being I'm posting them here - don't worry though, I sent PM to moderator so it should be fixed.

XXV. HOUSE SERAPIS (played by: Serpent)
Name: House Serapis
Founded by: Antonius Serapis in the year 744
History: House Serapis has risen and fallen many times in its long existence, carried high and swept away by the tides of Imperial fortunes along the tumultuous Syrian limes. Founded by a younger son of an older Roman house fallen out of favour with his family but in favour with the Emperor Constantine V it rose to sudden prominence during the Emperor's war against his brother-in law the usurper Artabasdos. As reward for his services Antonius was granted lands and a title in the war-torn Syrian borderlands, and having the servants of diabolos just hours away from his home he chose a brutal and pious sigil to warn them of the fate awaiting trespassers.
His successors would not always be so uncompromising against the muslims, and some were even suspected of serving the heathen Caliphs more loyally than the Emperors of Constantinople. Serapis soon spread its influence across the border, exploiting the power-vacuum in the Caliphates newly conquered lands. And, while the main line of the House would always remain staunchly Christian (though at times it toyed with Iconoclasm) the branches that grew in the east and south readily served the muslim enemy as local administrators. Using this influence to increase trade across the border Serapis would eventually amass considerable wealth. Slanderous lies by jealous tongues haunted the family during this time. They were said to turn against their fellow christians for their own advantage, use spies and assassins in service of both the Imperium and Caliphate and worship dark and nameless Gods in unspeakable rituals. The truth is that for all their wealth Serapis' position was always insecure and the constant struggles left the House on the brink of extinction.
Though waves of invaders would replace each others the House survived, falling at times into irrelevance and then emerging once more. Arabs, Turks, Mongols, Sunni, Tengri and Shia all would fail to destroy them. Always adapting to ensure its survival in a world gone mad House Serapis now stands ready to finally arise into true importance and make its mark on the world.
Notable members:
Antonida Serapis "the Viper Witch" (760-801). Scholar and alchemist, Antonida was a collector of ancient mystical texts and brought her enemies low with poison. A great beauty in her youth, she was the subject of unlikely rumours to be a mistress of both the shortlived Caliph Al-Hadi and Emperor Constantine V "the Dung-named".

Maria Serapis "the White Adder" (1123-1189). She strenghtened ties with the Throne and used Serapis wealth to sponsor artists and poets while expanding her influence in the turbulent politics of the pre-Angeloi era. Though her political efforts ultimately failed her service to culture should not be underestimated.

Antonius Serapis IV "Serpenteye" (1345-1399). A loyal servant on the Imperium, Antonius used the traditional position of House Serapis as an intermediary in the east to spread dissension and chaos in the splintering Ilkhanate and took advantage of the Roman reconquest of Syria. Reputedly involved in the assassination of Khagan Bogorchu that enabled the Timurid invasion of Persia he soon found his House greatly weakened when Timur turned his armies against the Imperium. After the battle of the Eclipse and the fall of Syria Antonius led his decimated House into hiding and died a broken man.
Representative in the Senate: Marcus VI Serapis

Representative in the Imperial Senate

Name: Marcus VI Serapis
Date of birth: 1435
Culture/nationality: Greek
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator
Biography: Marcus VI Serapis rebuilt the House after the disasters that had befallen it during the previous decades. Using his inheritance and his connections to local elites across the border he reestablished Serapis precense in eastern Syria and grew rich trough trade, smuggling and espionage. During the Imperial reconquest of Egypt he turned his network of agents against the Timurids and his gamble on a Roman victory payed off, eventually gaining him new lands and a seat in the senate.
*Always conscious of his image and the questionable heritage of his House he maintains a pious manner and is eager to strenghten Serapis prestige trough force of arms as well as more underhanded methods. Since the key the Serapis' success has always been its strategic and vulnerable position in the Syrian borderlands Marcus Serapis chose to reject the Emperors offer to relinquish the Houses landed holdings in exchange for a payment and position he fears would be even more vulnerable and a lot less strategic.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XXVI. HOUSE ARGYROS (played by: Tharassian )
Name: House Argyros
Founded by: Leo Argyros in the Mid-9th century AD
History: Founded in the Ninth Century Anno Domini, the House Argyros rose to prominence in Charsanion, ruling numerous estates throughout the Thema. Over time, the family rose to power, eventually ruling the Imperium through Romanos III in 1028. At home Romanos III faced several conspiracies, mostly centered around his sister-in-law Theodora, as in 1029 and 1030. Although he survived these attempts on the throne, his early death in 1034 was supposed to have been due to poison administered by his wife, though there is also speculation that he was drowned in a bath on his wife's orders. He was buried in the Church of St. Mary Peribleptos, which he built. Afterwards, the family fell out of favor, losing much of their power. Since then, they became purveyors of secrets, gaining power quietly under the Doukid Anarchies and the early Angeloi. They are, however, loyal followers of the Angelos Dynasty, and will act as spymasters if need be. Now, they stand higher than their lowest point, but not in command of the vast resources they once had. They will likely play any card in their hand to get their way.
Notable members: Leo Argyros, Romanos III Argyros, Konstantinos Argyros, Gregorios Argyros
Representative in the Senate: Ioustinianos Argyros

Name: Ioustinianos Argyros
Date of birth: October 7, 1451
Culture/nationality: Roman
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator, doux of Chaldia
Biography: Ioustinianos was born as the only son of his father, Gregorios Argyros in the city of Trapezus, his family's seat of power, far from his family's old lands. He was raised in that same city, in the house of his grandfather, the Doux of Chaldia. He was trained in the arts of politics, diplomacy, and administration. However, he took particularly well to the learning of secrets, and quickly began decoding missives from the enemies of the Imperium, but had a particular interest in the messages of the Xenoi. He began learning the language of the hated enemy of the Imperium. Before he was born, his grandfather died in Konstantinoupolis, when a mysterious fire broke out near the Komnenos Household. Thus, Ioustinianos' father ascended to the thema of Chaldia. There he reigned for 35 years, before dying of an unknown ailment, and passing the throne to the 28-year-old Ioustinianos. He has a slightly non-traditional view, believing that adaptation is the best hope for the Imperium. He has many connections with the darker corners of the Imperial administration and bureaucracy, and believes that destroying an enemy from within is the best method.
[size=+1]***[/size]

XXVII. HOUSE DI CAPPONI (played by: Enlil)
Name: House di Capponi
Founded by: comandante Pellegrino di Capponi
History: The Noble and Most Ancient House of the Capponi was founded in the earliest days of Italy, before the advent of the Aztecs, or Greeks in Northern Italy. Brought into the Empire by one of the Pisans who stayed in the Empire following the sack of Rome on January 1333, the Capponi have remained loyal to the Imperium, as long as one disregards Battista Capponi's Sulla difesa de Eresia (On the Defense of Heresy), and his famous (yet banned) Dialoghi con i Mongoli (Dialogues with the Mongols). His controversial works quickly went too far with his lifelong work, Il Cattolico (The Catholic). His subsequent disappearance to the Athanatoi has led to his son, and successor to the estate Emmanuele to publish Sulla Gloria dell'Impero (On the Glory of the Empire), a practice of appeasement which has continued to the modern day. In Modern times, the Capponi have commonly written against the atrocities of the Timurids, and urge Imperial action against them, while still dancing the fine line, if not crossing it, between heresy and Orthodoxy.

Notable members: Battista Capponi (1355-1376)
Notable works:
Sulla difesa de Eresia (On the Defense of Heresy)
Dialoghi con i Mongoli (Dialogues with the Mongols)
Il Cattolico (The Catholic)
Sulla Gloria dell'Impero (On the Glory of the Empire)
Racconti dal Messico (Tales from Mexico)
Il Theologo (The Theologian)
Sui Figli di Timur (On the Sons of Timur)
Perché Timurid deve Essere Spurgato (Why the Timurids Must be Purged)
Atrocitá in Egitto (Atrocities in Egypt)
Representative in the Senate: Ferruccio di Capponi

Name: Ferruccio di Capponi
Date of birth: May 11, 1439
Culture/nationality: Italian
Received titles and honors: Imperial Senator
Biography: Like the rest of the proud di Capponi's, Ferruccio has spoke before both the Emperor and Senate in hopes of reclaiming the lost lands in Italy and Arabia. Though generally a supporter of peace with the Mongols and Xenoi, he has recently taken a pro-militaristic stance against the Timurids, whose atrocities in Egypt have ended any hope of peace in his mind. Currently, Ferruccio spends most of his time organizing local resistance in the Italian provinces owned and bordered by the Xenoi, with hopes of raising a Patriot Army to bring all of Italia back the Imperium.
[size=+1]***[/size]
Welcome new players! And BTW if I messed something with your applications, please let me know where are the errors.
Let the games begin!

(Side note, when can we join one of the Demes?)
You may declare whether you join a Demes or not during voting. Also, I strongly advise you to read the rules avaible on the first page of this thread unless you want your character to be accidentaly burned for heresy on the first Session :p

Let the games begin!

(Side note, when can we join one of the Demes?)

And when you thought it could not get any more mad :p
Welcome enlil, though I hope you won't get burned by the end of the Session ;)

Enlil with a Senator? THIS WILL BE SO AWESOME. Also, still didn't have time to read it- but by the name, a Pisan?

Oh boy, Enlil's joining the party...

Can't wait for him to try and assassinate the President of the Senate and start speaking in demon tongues. It will be hilarious if he goes crazy zealot who deifies the Emperor though.

On a side note, he's italian too. Perhaps he and Christoforo will share interests. From what I can tell, they certainly may. It depends though.

Next session will be good. Two people who stab first and ask questions later, and... Enlil.

Who I would not be shocked to see as the first person tried and convicted.

To Enlil:

Sia che siamo alleati o nemici dipenderà da due cose . Due o uno ? 431 o 451 ?

Alcune cose che non avrebbe dovuto essere dimenticati sono stati persi .

Ma li troveremo .

The prince of heretics joins the party? Well now things are getting interesting.

And as a side note, how the hell is my maimed norseman still alive? Seems its not only 0.0.0 rulers that suffer from "Nope cant die" syndrome.

Enlil has joined? Oh, this is awesome. I can't wait for the session now.

Czoklet, are there any revolt worthy of interest in Aztec Europe ?
You got that Mongol Patriots twice so there should have been some revolts in that Western mess :p

A lot of europe has been converted to Aztec, and there's been a lot of.. ah...

"cultural conversion"

so to speak. So while there may be localized revolts, I don't see huge ones happening.

A lot of europe has been converted to Aztec, and there's been a lot of.. ah...

"cultural conversion"

so to speak. So while there may be localized revolts, I don't see huge ones happening.

Yeah maybe in some poches of wrong culture but well just to ask ;)

Czoklet, are there any revolt worthy of interest in Aztec Europe ?
You got that Mongol Patriots twice so there should have been some revolts in that Western mess :p
There was one surprising revolt (I'll tell more of it during the Session) but besides this one not really.

But there may be more; check out the 3rd xenoi NI:

gianO8X.jpg

Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Campaign)&p=18407865&viewfull=1#post18407865

By the way - current Faction Leaders may already start sending PMs to me concerning Faction Meetings. New Faction Leaders have to be elected, as well as each Demes has to vote on new Faction bonuses (the modifiers each Faction provides game-wise). You'll be choosing one bonus among three proposed by me; more details during Faction Meetings (which obviously can only start after the Third Senate Session is over).

I just saw the 6th and 7th idea for the romans, Jesus Christ that is beefy -100% culture conversion? Wow... could you get infinite with the 25% bonus from religious?

We are back in the game, nice. By the way, I expect to find new allies in this Senate Session, my new character will be less isolationist than Leontios, but not less ambitious. You know, the Kastelos Trade & Exploration Company (yep, modified name, heh) is searching for brave Romaioi capable to resist long term expeditions. Volunteers must assist to the city of Safaga, next to the Red Sea, and search the recent found Kastelos Docks in the Soma Bay.

I just saw the 6th and 7th idea for the romans, Jesus Christ that is beefy -100% culture conversion? Wow... could you get infinite with the 25% bonus from religious?

Nope. The glory of the Angeloi is such that god itself will give 25% of the required dip points to the Imperator. All hail Markos III Angelos.