• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
An amazing chapter, as always! :)
I see that my Senator is not dead yet.
A few questions/suggestions:
1. If my character holds one Castle and the land surrounding it- do I get to choice to either govern it or go to Constantinopole? Also, as a CK2-Baron, what can I be called (before the reform I thought it was Kephale)?
2. The fact that a Senator can be accused of things like corruption (like Senator Ouranos) troubles me- if I build a honorable character, I don't think that he should be executed as a corrupted man because of luck. I suggest not using this way to kill characters- only using things said or done in a Senate session or faction meeting as a reason of execution.

Also:

:D
Not dead yet ;)

1. Yes, you can either keep your lands or cede them to the Throne and get pronoia and nice manor in the City. As for the equivalent to CK2 baron - xxx, I guess?
2. Well, on one hand you are right but on the other hand it's all fault of the RNG. Events do fire randomly and they affect both the Imperium and your characters, so I don't think it's completely unreasonable for your characters to be influenced by them - just like in CK2 you may die of poor health or get bad traits (Lunatic for instance). I agree however that the wording should be changed so that it puts emphasis on your characters being accused of something and not actually doing it.
3. Hey, it's grimdark Late Middle Ages, what did you expect? :p
I oppose that. That way it adds random to the game. And maybe he had reasons doing so :p
I didn't do anything - I just rolled a dice to see which of the Whites is going to die :)

Well, if Eddard friggin Stark can be executed for treason against his bro for life, then no senator is safe from accusations of treason, however honorable. Though the Blessed Emperor might deign to pardon them, for good service to the Imperium.

Not dead yet ;)

1. Yes, you can either keep your lands or cede them to the Throne and get pronoia and nice manor in the City. As for the equivalent to CK2 baron - xxx, I guess?
2. Well, on one hand you are right but on the other hand it's all fault of the RNG. Events do fire randomly and they affect both the Imperium and your characters, so I don't think it's completely unreasonable for your characters to be influenced by them - just like in CK2 you may die of poor health or get bad traits (Lunatic for instance). I agree however that the wording should be changed so that it puts emphasis on your characters being accused of something and not actually doing it.
3. Hey, it's grimdark Late Middle Ages, what did you expect? :p
Yes, I guess you're right- a small change of wording should do the trick :)
Also, just in case I'm mistaken- the LOTR refrence is the Caliphate covering the world in darkness part, right? :p

Also, just in case I'm mistaken- the LOTR refrence is the Caliphate covering the world in darkness part, right? :p

There is the bit about things forgotten which is basically the speech of Galadriel at the beginning of the Community :p

I have a few questions. Could my future character lay claim to territory in his list of titles? If so would the claims need to be in the current style of governance or would it just be a claim of old titles that are now considered honorary? What would now be called the leader of cavalry unit be? What would be a leader of a foot unit be? If the provinces in the west get reclaimed what are the odds of the future heirs getting any of their inheritance back?

Well, if Eddard friggin Stark can be executed for treason against his bro for life, then no senator is safe from accusations of treason, however honorable. Though the Blessed Emperor might deign to pardon them, for good service to the Imperium.

Exactly. This is not a cheery world. Honor might not be the best idea.

Regardless, this was another amazing chapter, and I eagerly await the next Senate Session (I already know how I'll be voting). I assume we'll be announcing whether or not we gave up all of our land at the session?

There is the bit about things forgotten which is basically the speech of Galadriel at the beginning of the Community :p
Alright then :)
Yes, it was the Caliphate.
Lol :)
I have a few questions.
1. Could my future character lay claim to territory in his list of titles?
2. If so would the claims need to be in the current style of governance or would it just be a claim of old titles that are now considered honorary?
3. What would now be called the leader of cavalry unit be? What would be a leader of a foot unit be?
4. If the provinces in the west get reclaimed what are the odds of the future heirs getting any of their inheritance back?
1) Yes.
2) Purely honorary; former title of doux was transformed into archon, so while you can keep the doux honorific, if you govern any land in the name of His Imperial Majesty you have to use proper title, be it archon or kephale (eparchoi are generally unavaible for your characters).
3) It depends - in general the leader of one tagma or thema is strategos while domestikos leads several tagmata or themata. Game-wise though general=domestikos and admiral=droungarios.
4) Nope :) Or to be more precise - if blessed Emperor deems it necesarry, he may give your character this land to govern in his name but just give it "back" (assuming your claim is in any way legitimate)? No way.
Exactly. This is not a cheery world. Honor might not be the best idea.
Regardless, this was another amazing chapter, and I eagerly await the next Senate Session (I already know how I'll be voting). I assume we'll be announcing whether or not we gave up all of our land at the session?
Exactly :)

Not really, this matter will be decided during Faction Meeting - as well as the new modifiers provided by every Demes game-wise. :) There will be a LOT to discuss however.

Can we put characters on trial and use evidence from the sessions/person's comments against them? That would be quite fun.

And has nothing to do with me or my characters. Not at all.

Can we put characters on trial and use evidence from the sessions/person's comments against them? That would be quite fun.

And has nothing to do with me or my characters. Not at all.
Maybe at some point in the future - but I like this idea!

By gloss over I meant skim over or briefly cover.

[size=+2]THIRD SENATE SESSION - ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

lYLKoiY.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, in his wisdom decided to
[size=+2]CALL THE THIRD SENATE SESSION[/size]
to seek counsel of the noble Senators who, guided by the Holy Spirit, are going to debate and vote on the following matters:

[size=+1]SENATUS CONSULTUM
  • (1) Reform of the imperial administration and new legislation (Second Idea Group)
  • [/size]
His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Markos III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:

”Restauratio Administrationis Romanorum” Act

The Imperial Senate, exercising legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That continuation of the Great Reform of the Imperium Romanum is necessary for the preservation of the Imperium and all Roman citizens and all Kristianoi, as it was accurately determined by His Imperial Majesty.
2. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty in this holy endeavor completely.
3. That therefore all Senators agree that above all else the Reform of the Imperial Administration (Administrative Ideas) has to undertaken in order to secure prosperity and continue stability of the Imperium.

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 6988 Anno Mundi and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill.
[size=+1]
  • (2) Sanation of the administration of the Sacred Palace (National Focus)
  • [/size]
His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Markos III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:

”Sanatio Corruptionis de Administratio Romanorum” Act

The Imperial Senate, exercising legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That in order to continue the Great Reform, the departments of the Sacred Palace has to be purged from Corruption which causes Inefficiency, Embezzlement and other Plagues of this holy institution.
2. That to achieve this goal temporary supervisory powers have to be granted to Megas Logothetes so that all of the Logothetes of imperial sekreta, Eunuchs and other Servants of the Imperium could be properly controlled under his scrutiny.
3. That therefore all Senators agree that the Sanation of the administration of the Sacred Palace (Administrative Focus) is of the utmost importance for the prosperity and stability of the Imperium.

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] January 6988 Anno Mundi and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill.
[size=+1]
  • (3) Subsidies for Kingdom of Aquitaine and Kingdom of Poland
  • [/size]

”Auxilium Regum Aquitainae et Polonae” Act

1. That brothers and sisters in Iesus Kristos from Christian Kingdoms of Aquitaine and Poland are threatened by the might of the abhorrent Xenoi, the Archenemies of the Christendom and Imperium.
2. That His Imperial Majesty as basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers and Protector of the Christendom rightfully decided to help them in their Misery by providing means to Strengthen their Armies.
3. That therefore all Senators agree that Christian Kingdoms of Aquitaine and Poland shall be aided in a way of Subsidies from the Imperial Treasury in the amount of 1,000,000 hyperpyrra each (10 ducats per month per 10 years each) to provide for Kristianoi living in this land and to protect them from Xenoi threat.

[size=+1]
  • (4) Alliance with Kingdom of Aquitaine
  • [/size]

”Pactum Foederatum cum Regnum Aquitainae” Act

1. That Imperium Romanum shall ally Kingdom of Aquitaine to protect the Kristianoi living in Christian Kingdoms from Xenoi threat.
2. That the Imperial Army shall assist Christian Kingdoms in fight against abhorrent Xenoi Beasts if needed.

In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to NOT ALLOW the Senate Factions to propose provisions not included in the bill.

[size=+1]RESOLUTIONS
  • (5) Expedition – Eastern Ocean (within supply range)
  • [/size]
kPGwC6F.jpg
His Imperial Majesty in his wisdom decided to ask the Imperial Senate for counsel in the following matter:

Shall the Imperium provide financial and material support to expedition to provide a more accurate description of Eastern Ocean for the benefit of Roman merchants?

In his wisdom, His Imperial Majesty decided to ALLOW the Senators to issue statements which are not directly related to these matters.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]GUESTS OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, on the order of the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom hereby announces that
  • His Excellency Theodoros Laskaris, Megas Logothetes of the Imperium Romanum, Kouropalates of the Sacred Palace and Proedros ton Eunouchoi
has been invited for the Third Senate Session as a guest of the Imperial Senate, so that the noble Senators may ask His Excellency questions concerning matters discussed during the Session as per article 20 of the rules of procedure.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Session8:00 PM 4th January (Sunday)
DEBATE (6 DAYS)9:00 PM 4th January (Sunday)
Opening of the voting9:00 PM 10th January (Saturday)
VOTING (1 DAY)10:00 PM 10th January (Saturday)
Closing of the Session10:00 PM 11th January (Sunday)
[size=+1]***[/size]

VWYdUwb.jpg

[size=+1]Letter to noble Senators from President of the Imperial Senate[/size]

It is with great sorrow that I share with you, noble Senators, deeply saddening news of unexpected death of doux Maximos Komnenos who died on 8th December 6987 AM at the venerable age of 88. Like many Komnenoi before him he served the Imperium faithfully, as a member of the Imperial Council, Prefect of the City or President of the Imperial Senate. He was a noble and gentle man, a good servant of the Throne and caring uncle of my father, megas domestikos Demetrios Komnenos.

His Imperial Majesty, the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, in his great wisdom decided to nominate me, his humble servant, to the position of the President of the Imperial Senate. This is a great honor to me and my House. I can only hope to carry out duties of this office with as much dedication as my great-uncle did.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

Last edited:
The blessed Emperor has spoken! Reform the administration! Death to Xenoi and Pisans!

[video=youtube;RdE5fvX9FdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdE5fvX9FdA[/video]

Maybe at some point in the future - but I like this idea!

We must have witch trials at some point.

I would like to know His Highness opinion on which reform (idea) should be taken. (Something similar to last time)

I mean, there's so many things we can put people on trial for! Heresy, Corruption, Treason, Magic, the list can keep going!

Not saying Markos III's full title, rigging hippodrome races, wearing purple...
Being involved in incestuous relations, providing assistance to Pisan Merchant lords, practicing pagan blood rituals...
(That's awesome with all the things we can now do. Also thank you for all the help with my questions.)

Not saying Markos III's full title, rigging hippodrome races, wearing purple...

New assassination plot: Dress someone in purple and then catch them in the act.