• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sigh. There can't be two Faction Meeting at the same time and since the current meeting ends at 23:00 CET December 6th, the answer is denied.

BTW to be honest I thought that the Blue Demes is more numerous, what with only c. 50% of its members taking part in the meeting.

{{ I thought it too :( It seemed to me that the time was appropriate yet }}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Anastasios VI Salamis:[/SIZE]
Well, believe that we mostly agree- we should propose the starting of Exploration or Expansion to new lands, and begin with it in the South, securing the Nile valley and seeing what riches can be found there and beyond, and then sailing to Hindustan, as the stories of the riches there are tempting.
There are two questions, however- should we propose Exploration of new lands first, or Expansion to new lands?
And if we will be unable to create a majority- what will we do? I propose to see if another path, like a Naval reform, will be enough for majority- and if it will not, voting for our reform anyway.

Frederik V Hvide
I must say that i lean towards Exploration southwards and eastwards, with a naval reform as our backup plan. If we cannot move the ideas of exploration through the senate, then they will certainly not be able to deny the power of the navy, and the vital part that it plays in the defence of our great nation.

Gaius Arrius

I believe our efforts should be on Exploration for the next session. Naval reforms can be our next priority. We are the most numerous faction. So long as we convince some of the Red or unaffiliated senators, we should succeed.

Georgios Tsoukalos

Gentlemen, while I and especially my beloved son support exploration and colonization, I do believe that what we need first is a strong fleet. What use is there of a Mare Nostrum if there are no vessels to sail upon it? No, we need to make our fleet the strongest in Europa, to outclass the xenoi and those accursed Pisan backstabbers. Naval reform is the way to our salvation.

Yeah, for the sake of not making the Whites wait for ages, I think the Red meeting should start an hour after the Blue meeting ends.
The whites may not need to meet before the next session; they are not very numerous and both of their ideas are looking a lot more juicy now that our free CB for a large tract of cored lands from the timurids is used up, all that'd be accomplished is that we'd get to see maximos berate them in a letter.

{They want us to use this for non-in character while this is happening}

{Yeah, for both in-game and RP reasons, I would like to see a White idea gaining traction. Administrative seems like it might be useful considering Czoklet's heavy use of them..

Also, with the 1.9 patch he won't have to worry as much about accidentally triggering one of the disasters, since they now are better documented.

I would not be opposed to expansion as a compromise idea either, but we'll see. It all depends on how loyal the new Reds are.

I really have to say, I don't understand the inactivity of the Blues. I don't mind too much though, if we get some replacements that aren't just greedy merchants/explorers. My next character is typecast as one due to historical reasons, but I'm going to try and distinguish him from the 'trader' mentality. After him though, I'm thinking completely batshit crazy zealot.}

Senators Jalius and Eliasian? What do you have to say?

{{Well, from what I see, we're 6 really active blues: Raoul, Salamis, Melissenos, Tsoukalos, Hvide, Arrius, and 2 pretty active ones- Jalius who commented here and Eliasian who participated in the previous Senatr session.
Zvonimir is un-active it seems.}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Helios IV Eliasian[/SIZE]
Senator Helios IV Eliasian has decided to refuse Senator Raoul's invitation.
{Can we do this?}

{Can we do this?}

{{ Well technically, you are just invited so you have no obligation to come :p
Write a letter at least, ans ask our dear eunuch to read it }}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

I agree that we should favor the exploration of new lands. Might it be Hindustan, Punt, Mali or some other way, we need knowledge to expand. Maybe even to reevaluate the path we take. Most people here seam to favor the way to Hindustan, which is fine by me. But in the end, the exploration has to show the wealth of the world around us. Is there gold in Punt or only sand? Does the salt of the south come from Mali or even further abroad? What about silk from Hindustan or Sinae? Also important: How are the political situations in this places? We might find some squabbling petty kingdoms that bow to our Empire immediately or some other Empires that could pose a threat – or and ally – to us.

And the last thought I want to add: In the long term we should think about the fact, that new lands have to be ruled. Yes, I know, in the end the Empire decides, who will do this, but I still think we should also work in this matter together, support each other for fiefdoms in this new lands. Surly, not everyone of us can get land at the same time, but this is no reason to quarrel about this. If we do not support each other, than the members of the other Demes might come first and that is something, that non of us want.

I agree with you entirely, Senator Melissenos. I want to see if I understant- we are going to push for Exploration of new lands, or Expansion into new lands?

{{Had to rp a bit less for a moment to see if I understood correctly :p}}

{Can we do this?}
Faction Meetings are - as membership in Factions themselves - completely voluntary. No obligation for anyone, save for the Faction Leaders :)

Friends, I think we all agree on the fact that without Exploration of new lands we can't possibly start a new period of Expansion in the East.

Gaius Arrius

Then we are left to decide whether to push for Exploration or a Naval reform first.

*Gaius turns his attention to Senator Melissenos*

I must agree with you. My family does not hold much land. I do not seek to rule a kingdom, but...

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

Please excuse me, if I have confused you, my dear Anastasios, I didn't ment to do this.

*Lazaros bows apologetic.*

Exploration has to come first, I think, since without exploring new lands, how should we expand into them?

Senator Osgar Godric

*Godric Bursts through the senatorial chamber door, Looking visualy worse for wear. Graying and missing his right arm, He has become a shadow of his former self*

"Sorry my fellows for being late, Ethiopia is a harsh mistress, Now, What is the subject today that has me torn from my duties in Africa?"

*As he is brought up to speed, Osgar Lightens up*

"Ah, Weather to expand or explore? Good. As you all know, Africa is a dark place, filled with all manners of scary things that go bump in the night. But even so, it's treasures are Plentiful, And in easy reach. To fully tap its riches we need to start EXPLORATION expiditions into africa, setting up colonies of our people as we go. I have heard that king solomons mines lie to the south, In easy reach of our empire, With enough gold to cover the Hagia Sophia completley! There is also a matter we must see to. roughley 60 years ago, give or take, A strange ship came to us from the east. We now know this ship came from Catharia. We NEED to find this kingdom. All are under the threat of the Xenoi, and foreign the catharian's may be, We are going to need their help.

I would also like to point out that we really need to start modernising our navy. From the reports that i was told, i think we should replace our Dromons for something a bit bigger, Something like the Nemi ships of Old."

*Osgar godric is then informed of the fact that this is a blue meeting*

"....For the love of....Apologies, I had not realised that i had missed the senate debate. I shall take my leave."

Last edited:
Senator Osgar Godric

*Godric Bursts through the senatorial chamber door, Looking visualy worse for wear. Graying and missing his right arm, He has become a shadow of his former self*

"Sorry my fellows for being late, Ethiopia is a harsh mistress, Now, What is the subject today that has me torn from my duties in Africa?"

*As he is brought up to speed, Osgar Lightens up*

"Ah, Weather to expand or explore? Good. As you all know, Africa is a dark place, filled with all manners of scary things that go bump in the night. But even so, it's treasures are Plentiful, And in easy reach. To fully tap its riches we need to start EXPLORATION expiditions into africa, setting up colonies of our people as we go. I have heard that king solomons mines lie to the south, In easy reach of our empire, With enough gold to cover the Hagia Sophia completley! There is also a matter we must see to. roughley 60 years ago, give or take, A strange ship came to us from the east. We now know this ship came from Catharia. We NEED to find this kingdom. All are under the threat of the Xenoi, and foreign the catharian's may be, We are going to need their help.

I would also like to point out that we really need to start modernising our navy. From the reports that i was told, i think we should replace our Dromons for something a bit bigger, Something like the Nemi ships of Old."
{{Hm, aren't you from the red demes?
Althrough, I will be glad if you join us, and I'm sure that the other members will be too :p}}

Last edited:
{{Hm, aren't you from the red demes?}}
Yeah, only members of the Blue Demes may participate in meeting of the Blue Demes (duh).