• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I assume the President of the Senate is still the same ? A letter is enough or do I have to arrange a meeting (lot of RP is never too much :p )
I'd say that tomorrow 22h (Paris time is the same as Warsaw no ?) until Friday 22h seems good. Any objections from the Blues before I ask ?
Letter is good enough; yes, old Maximos Komnenos is still alive (though not for long).
Where will the faction meetings be, through? If it's in Reddit I guess every faction can meet in different topics, but that may not be ideal since idk if everyone uses Reddit. This AAR will have a lot of pages like that, but I don't think it's a problem- it's actualy quite cool :p
Faction Meeting takes place in this thread, as all interactions between your characters do.
Anyway, Czoklet what you decided for generals ?
I'm working on it, though for the time being it's irrelevant - there won't be Senate Session before chapter 2.
Wait, are not allowed to have our characters die before the cutoff date? I know Domenico would otherwise have another decade, but I would like to transition before we choose the next idea group preferably.

However, he should be alive for the Faction meetings.

How do the members of the Red Demes feel about a meeting around the same time as the Blues to save RL time for this AAR. (can we spy on each other?). Since I'd like to be able to do an intro when it starts, (22 CET is at a bad time for me to be writing) I would like to start it two hours earlier, at 20h CET Wednesday to 20 CET Friday. Which is 2 P.M. EST if I am not mistaken, which is when I will have time to monitor the opening of the session.

Is this acceptable to the Reds?

EDIT: the Blues want us to go after them? We could do that I guess.

In that case, Friday 20h CET to Sunday 20h CET
Yes, you can't kill your characters - I, on the other hand... ;)
Only one Faction Meeting can take place at the same time.
Maybe if you want to be general about the area, but after digging up the CK2 AAR's culture map (the dev diary's doesn't extend low enough to see castillan ethiopia), axum is a bit off the mark from where they're located, I pictured them more based in eritrea around the red sea. It also doesn't mesh with how I wrote my current senator, however, he is getting up there in his years, so maybe...

Also, if, hypothetically, I were to kill off my senator, have I missed the window to submit a new one for the faction meetings, and if I have not, is the new unaffiliated senator allowed to go to any faction meeting?
You can't kill your Senator.
:ninja: Even if we already have warrior monks serving in the Imperium, traditionally Orthodoxy dosn't make difference between male and female monks, the Sororitas-expy would just number 1000-2000 units at most and the potential recruits wouldn't have been useful as child-makers anyway because they are nuns and they are already married with the God-Emperor Christ? :ninja:
(Please don't burn me horribly... Too much.)
I warned you:
purifying_flames_by_lutherniel-d3gs3ev.jpg

;)
So who is the corrupt noble addicted to chocolate? :p
I left it to you to decide :)
Waiting with baited breath :D

Well, this is THIS IS MADNESS, after all.

True, true, you're right. They dont make much sense in this period. Maybe in Vic 2. If we ever get there lol. (Suffragettes. Equality to die serve the Emperor and all that). And now I'll shut -BLAM!
They don't indeed, it's - oh, you are dead already? That was quick :p
I'm putting my money on Domenico :p Or maby Cortez?
And this faction meeting will be a splendind opportunity to discuss what ideas etc should we push for, reach an agreement and make a united block :D
Also, it will be great to see the heirs of the other Senators and look for potential allies (this time, we created an allience of the faction leader and his minions allies- my Senator was able to talk himself into beign a very influentional faction member, but I think that my next Senator will be a bit different diplomacy-wise ;)).
Btw, a suggestion- various Senators, which can be from different factions, deciding to meet and discuss (giving us the ability to plan and rp much better), much like the faction meetings- those meetings should be shorter than faction meetings, and there should be restrictions on the number of Senators, time (I think that it should be 24 hours max) and frequency of meetings as to not spam the thread.
Oh, and how do you cross out text?
Edit: thanks :)
A good suggestion, I'll see how the Faction Meetings go and I'll think about it :)

To the illustrious president of Senate
I, Hadrianos Raoul, Senator and Leader of the Blue Demes ask for a meeting in the Imperial Palace. It has been a long time since we were all present in the same place and I want to assure the unity of the Demes and our future. If the request is accepted -and I hope it will be since it is a right granted by the Emperor-, [size=+1]I would ask you to send an invitation to all the noble houses affiliated with me.[/size] I heard the Neptune's balcony is a lovely place and it will surely inspire us in our duty toward the Imperium.

-Senator Hadrianos Raoul

As said with my fellow countrymen it would last from Tuesday 20h to Saturday 20h (Warsaw times)
Ahem:

Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting (ADDED)
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
[size=+1]3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.[/size]
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.
I'm not sending invitations or notifying anyone, I'm not the Faction Leader. The whole point of Faction Meeting is that your role-playing is not as strictly controlled by me as during Senate Session, though it meant that Faction Leader has more responsibilities too.

I'm not looking to get my senator killed, but I am curious what will make you kill one. Just dumb luck?

I'm not looking to get my senator killed, but I am curious what will make you kill one. Just dumb luck?
Mainly these:
5. The following are considered capital offense:
- insulting, offending or disrespecting Saint Markos Isapostolos;
- critisicing the Emperor or the Great House Angelos;
- questioning the Divine Providence which guides the Emperor in all his actions;
- commiting blasphemy, especially by promoting or encouraging idolatry, faithlessness, sorcery, aposthasy, sodomy, shamelessness, immorality, wickedness et cetera;
- wearing purple clothes;
and are punishable by mutilation and death by burning.
Plus events options in which Senators die.

Mainly these:
I'm still amused to imagine you notifyng the mods that "he insulted Saint Markos! Ban him forever!" :p (I remember I asked if those are really illegal in this thread)

And me who thought it was good :p

Well then I'll rewrite it and will wait for you to finally approve before sending invitations to my puppets allies
I can't approve it when you didn't give me time and date. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for a proper request from one of the Faction Leaders :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't approve it when you didn't give me time and date. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait for a proper request from one of the Faction Leaders :rolleyes:

How will you decide who dies from an event?

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that in response to the following request:​

To the illustrious president of Senate Maximos Komnenos
I, Hadrianos Raoul, Senator and Leader of the Blue Demes ask for a meeting in the Imperial Palace. It has been a long time since we were all present in the same place and I want to assure the unity of the Demes and our future. I hope our request is accepted, I heard the Neptune's balcony is a lovely place and it will surely inspire us in our duty toward the Imperium.

-Senator Hadrianos Raoul
the noble Senator Hadrianos of the House Raoul was given permission to

[size=+2]CALL THE BLUE DEMES MEETING[/size]
which will take place on the Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 1st January 1465.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 4th December (Thursday)
Closing of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 6th December (Saturday)
[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]EXCERPT FROM THE RULES[/size]
Article 10-1 – Violations and penalties
1. Senator who violates the rules may be:
- issued a warning;
- prohibited from voting during the next Senate Session;
- removed from office.
2. Noble House whose representatives in the Senate violate the rules notoriously may be:
- issued a warning;
- temporarily suspended from participating in the interactive part of this AAR;
- permanently banned from participating in the interactive part of this AAR.
3. User whose Noble House was suspended or banned shall be reported to the Forum Moderators.
4. Penalties are administered by the President of the Senate.
5. The following are considered capital offense:
- insulting, offending or disrespecting Saint Markos Isapostolos;
- critisicing the Emperor or the Great House Angelos;
- questioning the Divine Providence which guides the Emperor in all his actions;
- commiting blasphemy, especially by promoting or encouraging idolatry, faithlessness, sorcery, aposthasy, sodomy, shamelessness, immorality, wickedness et cetera;
- wearing purple clothes;
and are punishable by mutilation and death by burning.

(..)

Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

(...)

Article 19 – Debate
1. During the debate, Senators may:
- present their statements in regard to the subjects of the Senate Session;
- debate with other Senators;
- ask questions to the guests invited for the hearing, if they are any.
2. Senators have to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]
with spaces between the brackets and code removed.
3. During the debate, Senators may not:
- carry any weapon with themselves;
- be accompanied by any servants or slaves;
- bring any items without the permission of the President of the Senate.
4. Non-Senators (regular readers) may post normally during the debate.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

Well finally after many mistakes on my part, the meeting is scheduled :p

To each senators of the Blue Demes :
Dear Senator and Friend.
I have been authorized to arrange a meeting for our Demes which will take place on the 1st January of the year 1465. Since it will take place in the Imperial Palace, you are not authorized to bring any other family member to the meeting. However you are free to send them messages and receive any.
Our first goal should be first to define our policy in the upcoming politics. You know my positions, they have not changed but should I ever be the minority, then I will resign my position and follow the majority. We should then discuss other matters as you please. I for example have two sons in age to be married and I'd be more than glad to accept any proposition coming from the noble houses of the Blues.
Rest assured that you will find shelter in my house if you do not find any place to stay for this peculiar occasion.

-Hadrianos Raoul, your friend, on the 30th of November 1464

To the glorious President of the Senate, Maximos Komnenos

I, Domenico Colombo, Senator and Leader of the Red Demes hereby ask for a meeting of the Red Demes in the Hall of Augusteus. The Red Demes must discuss how best to benefit the Imperium, and look forward into the future. Many of us are old, and in order to best preserve our influence, we must make sure that our heirs will continue our legacy. In addition, we must discuss, the, ah, addiction problem in our midst that our Emperor has informed us of. We can meet at a time of your choosing, although it would preferably start an hour after the Blues Demes end theirs.
-Domenico Colombo

Last edited:

I, Domenico Colombo, Senator and Leader of the Red Demes hereby ask for a meeting of the Red Demes in the Hall of Augusteus. The Red Demes must discuss how best to benefit the Imperium, and look forward into the future. Many of us are old, and in order to best preserve our influence, we must make sure that our heirs will continue our legacy. In addition, we must discuss, the, ah, addiction problem in our midst that our Emperor has informed us of. We can meet at a time of your choosing, although it would preferably start an hour after the Blues Demes end theirs.
-Domenico Colombo
Yay! More quarrels between Senator Moustakas and Senator Colombo! :D

-Domenico Colombo
1. I need a date and hour when you want the Faction Meeting to begin.
2. There's one Faction Meeting called already which ends on Saturday, so you'll have to wait until Sunday before requesting Red Demes meeting.

How will you decide who dies from an event?
I'll roll a dice :)

Last edited:
A question about article 19, the bit about not having servants or slaves. Would bringing one's intended replacement in the senate for the faction meeting violate that rule? Just want to be certain before the meeting starts, as i would like for my senator to bring his son along for the meeting to prepare him for the politics.

1. I need a date and hour when you want the Faction Meeting to begin.
2. There's one Faction Meeting called already which ends on Saturday, so you'll have to wait until Sunday before requesting Red Demes meeting.

I'll roll a dice :)

You changed your avatar ! :eek:hmy:
I'm so confused now :p

A question about article 19, the bit about not having servants or slaves. Would bringing one's intended replacement in the senate for the faction meeting violate that rule? Just want to be certain before the meeting starts, as i would like for my senator to bring his son along for the meeting to prepare him for the politics.
Yes, you can do this as long as he doesn't interact with anyone - every player has 1 character at a time, so you can't play as 2 characters (your Senator and his son for instance). Your character may talk to him but he can only sit there. This will change at some point in the future probably, but for now I want to see how the Faction Meetings are going to work out.
You changed your avatar ! :eek:hmy:
I'm so confused now :p
Well, my previous avatar was the coat of arms of the House Angelos from CK2. But now we're in EU4, so the imperial Aquila is appropriate now that Chapter 1 was released :)
Besides, CK2 is more about characters and EU4 is more about states and their history, which you will notice in the incoming chapters.

Well, my previous avatar was the coat of arms of the House Angelos from CK2. But now we're in EU4, so the imperial Aquila is appropriate now that Chapter 1 was released :)
Besides, CK2 is more about characters and EU4 is more about states and their history, which you will notice in the incoming chapters.
Will we still get some interesting characters? That was a fun part :)