• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think you ought to wait until the new characters are set up, otherwise it'll be sort of odd..

I'm waiting for an opportunity to have Domenico kick the bucket, he had a good run but there's more important things...

On the horizon.

and thus the Reds continue to prosper and influence the Empire with their wisdom. Truly things are going well.
Good thing that power does not corrupt.
Great update. Blasted Aztecs, they're damn strong. Hopefully they get into a war with whoever's left on the American continent (if they haven't all been crushed. :gulp: )
Money boost from Egypt's reconquest should help offset those loans.
I'm getting really curious about what's in the east, when do the events that reveal India and China usually fire? (unless you explore them before, ofc) At around 1650? Or won't they this time since there's no Portuguese explorers...
Pls, pls, westernized (or at least non-Celestial Empire) China.
Thanks! No spoilers though, you'll see for yourself how the world looks like beyond the uncharted seas ;)
Damn you, Cultist-chan!
Ah but if the women were doing the dying as well, then less men would die overall. Hopefully.
There's some twisted logic in this :D
What if they were represented as one of the manpower % increases? That would make sense IMO.
In this world, Jeanne d'Arcs wont be burned at the stake. They'll be doing the burning. Heheh.
No. There won't be any Sororitas, because (although it's a cool idea) they make absolutely zero sense in this world. The next person that mentions " pyromaniac nuns" will be burnt on stake.
98a.jpg

Holy shit the Reds have become powerfulcorrupt
Domenico is shedding a happy tear made of a combination of the blood of the people he's drafted, the gold he's embezzled, and the tears of the wives of the Imperium.
Are the Coztez dynasty the nobles who are resisting? They're in Ethiopia, right?
To Czoklet, two things:
One: Will we get an update of the rules regarding RP stuff like letters and whatnot?
Two: There's going to be someone SO FUCKING PISSED about the Copts gaining ground... So much so he may take drastic action against those damned believers in the One Natured Jesus.
I guess so.
1. You just got it - I'll see how Faction Meetings work out and than we may talk about giving you guys even more room for role-playing. I prefer taking small steps than making huge changes.
2. I wonder who may be that person ;)
Great for the updated rules. The first event was quite nasty. -900 ducats ? Really ? :p
Ugh, don't quote the whole post ever again please, this makes the whole page look messy. The amount of ducats lost is equal to some percentage of yearly income.
Well before the vile Reds and Whites call a meeting on their own, I'd like to open one :)
Is this a request according to the rules? I need to know before I call the Faction Meeting.
I think you ought to wait until the new characters are set up, otherwise it'll be sort of odd..
I'm waiting for an opportunity to have Domenico kick the bucket, he had a good run but there's more important things...
On the horizon.
Both of you have at least 10 years ahead of your characters AFAIK.
It could be a good moment to prepare the new characters IMO. The old senators assemble and then talk about their sons and who will receive the siege :p
Indeed :)

The Blue Demes really do have awful luck...

It could be a good moment to prepare the new characters IMO. The old senators assemble and then talk about their sons and who will receive the siege :p
Agreed.
And wow, the reds gain so much power each time OO

Ugh, don't quote the whole post ever again please, this makes the whole page look messy.
Sorry for that

Is this a request according to the rules? I need to know before I call the Faction Meeting.
Yes it is. Do you want me to write in-character for it or just this is sufficient ?

The Blue Demes really do have awful luck...
Just what ?

Yes it is. Do you want me to write in-character for it or just this is sufficient ?
Yeah, in-character and with date and time when you want it to start please :)

I assume the President of the Senate is still the same ? A letter is enough or do I have to arrange a meeting (lot of RP is never too much :p )
I'd say that tomorrow 22h (Paris time is the same as Warsaw no ?) until Friday 22h seems good. Any objections from the Blues before I ask ?

I assume the President of the Senate is still the same ? A letter is enough or do I have to arrange a meeting (lot of RP is never too much :p )
I'd say that tomorrow 22h (Paris time is the same as Warsaw no ?) until Friday 22h seems good. Any objections from the Blues before I ask ?
I'm ok with that, through it will be a bit better if it's postponed a bit to include saturday so we will have some weekend, and sunday (which is a weekend too for everyone expect of me).

I'm ok with that, through it will be a bit better if it's postponed a bit to include saturday so we will have some weekend, and sunday (which is a weekend too for everyone expect of me).

Makes sense
So better from Tuesday 20h to Saturday 20h ?

Makes sense
So better from Tuesday 20h to Saturday 20h ?
It leaves time for one other faction during the weekend after us ;)
Yeah, that sounds good IMO:) Maby you should wait a bit, to see if it's a problem for anyone.
Where will the faction meetings be, through? If it's in Reddit I guess every faction can meet in different topics, but that may not be ideal since idk if everyone uses Reddit.
This AAR will have a lot of pages like that, but I don't think it's a problem- it's actualy quite cool :p

Yeah, that sounds good :)
Where will the faction meetings be, through? If it's in Reddit I guess every faction can meet in different topics, but that may not be ideal since idk if everyone uses Reddit.
This AAR will have a lot of pages like that, but I don't think it's a problem- it's actualy quite cool :p

I think here is the best way. Not everybody has reddit ;)
We will take turns. I asked first so Blues go first ! :p

Anyway, Czoklet what you decided for generals ?

Wait, are not allowed to have our characters die before the cutoff date? I know Domenico would otherwise have another decade, but I would like to transition before we choose the next idea group preferably.

However, he should be alive for the Faction meetings.

How do the members of the Red Demes feel about a meeting around the same time as the Blues to save RL time for this AAR. (can we spy on each other?). Since I'd like to be able to do an intro when it starts, (22 CET is at a bad time for me to be writing) I would like to start it two hours earlier, at 20h CET Wednesday to 20 CET Friday. Which is 2 P.M. EST if I am not mistaken, which is when I will have time to monitor the opening of the session.

Is this acceptable to the Reds?

EDIT: the Blues want us to go after them? We could do that I guess.

In that case, Friday 20h CET to Sunday 20h CET

Are the Coztez dynasty the nobles who are resisting? They're in Ethiopia, right?

Maybe if you want to be general about the area, but after digging up the CK2 AAR's culture map (the dev diary's doesn't extend low enough to see castillan ethiopia), axum is a bit off the mark from where they're located, I pictured them more based in eritrea around the red sea. It also doesn't mesh with how I wrote my current senator, however, he is getting up there in his years, so maybe...

Also, if, hypothetically, I were to kill off my senator, have I missed the window to submit a new one for the faction meetings, and if I have not, is the new unaffiliated senator allowed to go to any faction meeting?

No. There won't be any Sororitas, because (although it's a cool idea) they make absolutely zero sense in this world. The next person that mentions " pyromaniac nuns" will be burnt on stake.

:ninja: Even if we already have warrior monks serving in the Imperium, traditionally Orthodoxy dosn't make difference between male and female monks, the Sororitas-expy would just number 1000-2000 units at most and the potential recruits wouldn't have been useful as child-makers anyway because they are nuns and they are already married with the God-Emperor Christ? :ninja:

(Please don't burn me horribly... Too much.)

Thanks! No spoilers though, you'll see for yourself how the world looks like beyond the uncharted seas ;)
Waiting with baited breath :D
There's some twisted logic in this :D
Well, this is THIS IS MADNESS, after all.
True, true, you're right. They dont make much sense in this period. Maybe in Vic 2. If we ever get there lol. (Suffragettes. Equality to die serve the Emperor and all that). And now I'll shut -BLAM!
commissar.jpg

Last edited:
To the illustrious president of Senate Maximos Komnenos
I, Hadrianos Raoul, Senator and Leader of the Blue Demes ask for a meeting in the Imperial Palace. It has been a long time since we were all present in the same place and I want to assure the unity of the Demes and our future. I hope our request is accepted, I heard the Neptune's balcony is a lovely place and it will surely inspire us in our duty toward the Imperium.

-Senator Hadrianos Raoul

Last edited:
So who is the corrupt noble addicted to chocolate? :p
I'm putting my money on Domenico :p Or maby Cortez?
And this faction meeting will be a splendind opportunity to discuss what ideas etc should we push for, reach an agreement and make a united block :D
Also, it will be great to see the heirs of the other Senators and look for potential allies (this time, we created an allience of the faction leader and his minions allies- my Senator was able to talk himself into beign a very influentional faction member, but I think that my next Senator will be a bit different diplomacy-wise ;)).
Btw, a suggestion- various Senators, which can be from different factions, deciding to meet and discuss (giving us the ability to plan and rp much better), much like the faction meetings- those meetings should be shorter than faction meetings, and there should be restrictions on the number of Senators, time (I think that it should be 24 hours max) and frequency of meetings as to not spam the thread.
Oh, and how do you cross out text?
Edit: thanks :)

Last edited: