• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was thinking there is a place where we ought to expand but nobody has talked of it : The East African cost
Why? do you ask
Well :
- 1 free merchant we won't spend in Zanzibar with the company
- Securing our soutern limes (yeah expanding more and more is the way to secure the limes :p )
- Mutapa and its 3-4 gold mines (and there is quite a chance that if we colonise South Africa, we'll get 1-2 more gold provinces (in a Spain game I had 3 once .... ah good times )
And with the connexion to the capital, it would allow us so much things .....

I was thinking there is a place where we ought to expand but nobody has talked of it : The East African cost
Why? do you ask
Well :
- 1 free merchant we won't spend in Zanzibar with the company
- Securing our soutern limes (yeah expanding more and more is the way to secure the limes :p )
- Mutapa and its 3-4 gold mines (and there is quite a chance that if we colonise South Africa, we'll get 1-2 more gold provinces (in a Spain game I had 3 once .... ah good times )
And with the connexion to the capital, it would allow us so much things .....
Interesting idea but:
eu4wiki said:
It is not possible to create a trade company on the same continent as one's capital or in a province that has a direct connection to your capital.
Just saying :) BTW when I was playing as Spain once I got the Pile of Gold achievement (10 provinces with gold) - good times indeed!

Interesting idea but:

Just saying :) BTW when I was playing as Spain once I got the Pile of Gold achievement (10 provinces with gold) - good times indeed!

Well we would still have the gold, slaves and ivory. Who needs merchants when the Imperial admnistration can handle the redistribution throughout the Imperium :p

Well we would still have the gold, slaves and ivory. Who needs merchants when the Imperial admnistration can handle the redistribution throughout the Imperium :p

Surely those words are spoken in jest Attalus, you are starting to sound like one of the.... Dare i say it... ONE OF THE WHITES.:eek:hmy:

DUHN DUHN DUHNNNNNN.

Surely those words are spoken in jest Attalus, you are starting to sound like one of the.... Dare i say it... ONE OF THE WHITES.:eek:hmy:

DUHN DUHN DUHNNNNNN.

You were, decieved...
[video=youtube_share;VjhJcm-lpjc]http://youtu.be/VjhJcm-lpjc?t=28s[/video]
(This is also the video of how I imagine the eventual conquest of Pisa and the Aztecs will go about, but it works well enough for the foolish Blues)

Though personally, I feel like with our luck that announcement on role playing outside of sessions that's coming will be that all the senators are going to be tossed into Hunger Games style gladiator fights to the death for the Emperor's benign amusement (which could actually be rather amusing given the number of elderly cripples in the senate)

Last edited:
You were, decieved...
[video=youtube_share;VjhJcm-lpjc]http://youtu.be/VjhJcm-lpjc?t=28s[/video]
(This is also the video of how I imagine the eventual conquest of Pisa and the Aztecs will go about, but it works well enough for the foolish Blues)

Though personally, I feel like with our luck that announcement on role playing outside of sessions that's coming will be that all the senators are going to be tossed into Hunger Games style gladiator fights to the death for the Emperor's benign amusement (which could actually be rather amusing given the number of elderly cripples in the senate)
Phah. It must be a team deathmatch or no dice.

Seriously though, in this world women's main duty is to give birth to lots of children, so that they may die horribily protect the Imperium from barbarians. If the Imperium starts losing as much women as it's losing men every year (at least 100,000 died during the Mongol invasion according to my estimates), than it would simply run out of bodies brave Romaioi ready to defend the Christendom.
On the other hand I think that the current Imperial society is already allowing the existence of nuns, who according to their vows cannot have children anyway.
Since these gals are not going to contribute to population growth anyway would it really be that damaging to Imperial demographics to turn some of them into fanatical killing machines? After all this "special corp" would field at best a few thousands and at worst some hundreds of (wo)men, hardly going to hurt our population just on its own.

Furthermore, A quick Wikipedia search (which, being Wikipedia, might be completely wrong) says that Orthodox nuns and monks technically are considered as the same thing and follow the same rules, and since our alternate Orthodoxy is already allowing Warrior Monks like the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulcher...

Maybe there might be a rethinking? Pretty please? :blush:

God what is happening to me :eek:hmy:
Let the power of the Dark White Side flow through you!

The Sisters of battle or the Adepta Sororitas would make a very nice addition to the emperors servants. As a nod to the evolution of crusading orders turning from body guards and hospital defenders to full on military orders riding down heathens and heretics.

They sing as they fight, those daughters of the emperor.

Constant? There were maybe three wars fought there in the last 50 years - comparing this to the rest of Europe it's a blooming garden!
Yes however these are uncivilized horse barbarians. Horse barbarians destroy all infrastructure! This is why I say that Egypt has heavy damage. Although, I would also say northern Italy might have some damage as well due to being on a hostile border.

markkos III a mary sue? It is heresy to consider an angelos to be such a thing, Markos II personally fought back the xenoi and mongols, and delayed the timurids for a century, while at the same time making the perfect filet mignon, and single-handedly united christendom except for all the closet heretics. Plus, he already burned an entire family and had his father killed for the deeds of demetrios and alexios, has -1 admin from that event, and decided to lock a few dozen howler monkies in a cage for a few days to determine imperial policy every so often.

On the other hand I think that the current Imperial society is already allowing the existence of nuns, who according to their vows cannot have children anyway.
Since these gals are not going to contribute to population growth anyway would it really be that damaging to Imperial demographics to turn some of them into fanatical killing machines? After all this "special corp" would field at best a few thousands and at worst some hundreds of (wo)men, hardly going to hurt our population just on its own.

Furthermore, A quick Wikipedia search (which, being Wikipedia, might be completely wrong) says that Orthodox nuns and monks technically are considered as the same thing and follow the same rules, and since our alternate Orthodoxy is already allowing Warrior Monks like the Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulcher...

I'm thinking a small modifier like 1% manpower regain, 1% morale boost would be fun, with a requirement we always have a province with Wine or something. :p

Even worse - when I was doing tests to see whether the converted game works (3-5 years at most), at least 3 times when Pisa attacked Aquitaine after a year of stalemate for some reason Xenoi Xolal joined them in the war and assumed war leadership. I don't know whether this is a bug (normally overlord isn't called to its protectorate's wars), but if this happens the xenoi may join the war even if it's Pisa who DOW the Imperium.

The AI will enforce peace if their subjects are losing, at least I think so, it's how I turn minor colonial arguments into truce-subverting world wars and how the AI brings it upon themselves when my colonies get greedy.

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #1[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg
[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces:
  • that the noble Senator Leo Solomonid has died of natural causes and that therefore the noble House Solomonid has to appoint a new representative to the Imperial Senate;
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 23 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required quorum and majorities do not change.

[size=+1]FACTION EVENTS (1450-1465)[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby reminds the noble Senators of the following events concerning Senate Factions:

0BlQRJi.jpg

oVeuhJ3.jpg

qyOh17t.jpg

C4ZkEAG.jpg

rt4KA8a.jpg

BDeQPuh.jpg

aEM3Xea.jpg

[size=+1]RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that the following changes to the rules have been made:

Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting (ADDED)
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

Article 29 – Senatorial Record (REMOVED)
Senatorial Record includes transcript of the Senate Session, in particular:
- closing arguments made by the Senators during the voting;
- all questions asked by Senators to the guests of the Senate with answers;
- all statements made by President of the Senate;
- results of the voting;
May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

As a bonus - especially for those who are curious how exactly officers of the Imperial Army and/or Navy look like - here's a depiciton of a Byzantine Roman soldier (according to 12th-century mosaic of St. Demetrius of Salonica, formerly in the Golden-Roofed Monastery of Kiev, now in the Tretyakov Gallery of Moscow):

Michael_of_salonica.jpg

Last edited:
and thus the Reds continue to prosper and influence the Empire with their wisdom. Truly things are going well.

Great update. Blasted Aztecs, they're damn strong. Hopefully they get into a war with whoever's left on the American continent (if they haven't all been crushed. :gulp: )
Money boost from Egypt's reconquest should help offset those loans.
I'm getting really curious about what's in the east, when do the events that reveal India and China usually fire? (unless you explore them before, ofc) At around 1650? Or won't they this time since there's no Portuguese explorers...
Pls, pls, westernized (or at least non-Celestial Empire) China.

I agree - Pisa delenda est! As for the lack of pyromaniac nuns:
b37.jpeg

;)
Seriously though, in this world women's main duty is to give birth to lots of children, so that they may die horribily protect the Imperium from barbarians. If the Imperium starts losing as much women as it's losing men every year (at least 100,000 died during the Mongol invasion according to my estimates), than it would simply run out of bodies brave Romaioi ready to defend the Christendom.
Damn you, Cultist-chan!
Ah but if the women were doing the dying as well, then less men would die overall. Hopefully.

What if they were represented as one of the manpower % increases? That would make sense IMO.

In this world, Jeanne d'Arcs wont be burned at the stake. They'll be doing the burning. Heheh.

Holy shit the Reds have become powerfulcorrupt

Domenico is shedding a happy tear made of a combination of the blood of the people he's drafted, the gold he's embezzled, and the tears of the wives of the Imperium.

Are the Coztez dynasty the nobles who are resisting? They're in Ethiopia, right?

To Czoklet, two things:

One: Will we get an update of the rules regarding RP stuff like letters and whatnot?

Two: There's going to be someone SO FUCKING PISSED about the Copts gaining ground... So much so he may take drastic action against those damned believers in the One Natured Jesus.

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #1[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg
[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces:
  • that the noble Senator Leo Solomonid has died of natural causes and that therefore the noble House Solomonid has to appoint a new representative to the Imperial Senate;
  • that the Imperial Senate consists of 23 SENATORS;
  • that therefore the required quorum and majorities do not change.

[size=+1]FACTION EVENTS (1450-1465)[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby reminds the noble Senators of the following events concerning Senate Factions:

0BlQRJi.jpg

oVeuhJ3.jpg

qyOh17t.jpg

C4ZkEAG.jpg

rt4KA8a.jpg

BDeQPuh.jpg

aEM3Xea.jpg

[size=+1]RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE IMPERIAL SENATE[/size]
Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that the following changes to the rules have been made:

Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting (ADDED)

Article 29 – Senatorial Record (REMOVED)

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Maximos Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate

[size=+1]***[/size]

As a bonus - especially for those who are curious how exactly officers of the Imperial Army and/or Navy look like - here's a depiciton of a Byzantine Roman soldier (according to 12th-century mosaic of St. Demetrius of Salonica, formerly in the Golden-Roofed Monastery of Kiev, now in the Tretyakov Gallery of Moscow):

Michael_of_salonica.jpg

Great for the updated rules. The first event was quite nasty. -900 ducats ? Really ? :p
Well before the vile Reds and Whites call a meeting on their own, I'd like to open one :)