• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sure; that sounds fine. When will the next update be, btw?

I think that the "blue with red influence" ideas are too complicated- it should be more straightforward.
My idea, I will provide explanation on ideas in conflict:
Blue ideas:
Diplomatic
Trade
Exploration
Expansion- everything expect of one of the parts of this idea is directly under the Blue deme's influnce- Trade, Diplomacy, Navy and Exploration. Almost nothing for red, and completly nothing for white.
Maritime
Naval

Red ideas:
Aristocratic
Offensive
Defensive
Quality
Quantity
Innovation- from what I see, it's almost only about military.

White ideas:
Religious
Economic
Administrative- well, most of it is mercs but it can be tied to the whites as they're also quite militant. It also includes Economy, which is connected to the whites, and it allows more balance so the whites won't be neglected.
Influence- it includes some things which make it much more blue, but again- there are many things which can be tied with the whites (religion in this world is quite influentional) and for the sake of balance should give them power.

Neutral/Burn the Senators for hersey ideas:

Espinoge- should probably be 30 white, 40 red, 30 blue. No other way around it.
Humanist- HERSEY!

When it's done.

Well shit. I'll let you get to it then...

In the meantime, I guess we can bicker about the idea groups situation on the sub.

Well shit. I'll let you get to it then...

In the meantime, I guess we can bicker about the idea groups situation on the sub.
Sorry, I just really don't know when it's going to be ready - it'll be the first time (!) I'm writing update for "Imperium Sine Fine" after all.

And concerning idea groups -> reddit.com/r/imperiumsinefine

I think that the "blue with red influence" ideas are too complicated- it should be more straightforward.
My idea, I will provide explanation on ideas in conflict:
Blue ideas:
Diplomatic
Trade
Exploration
Expansion- everything expect of one of the parts of this idea is directly under the Blue deme's influnce- Trade, Diplomacy, Navy and Exploration. Almost nothing for red, and completly nothing for white.
Maritime
Naval

Red ideas:
Aristocratic
Offensive
Defensive
Quality
Quantity
Innovation- from what I see, it's almost only about military.

White ideas:
Religious
Economic
Administrative- well, most of it is mercs but it can be tied to the whites as they're also quite militant. It also includes Economy, which is connected to the whites, and it allows more balance so the whites won't be neglected.
Influence- it includes some things which make it much more blue, but again- there are many things which can be tied with the whites (religion in this world is quite influentional) and for the sake of balance should give them power.

Neutral/Burn the Senators for hersey ideas:

Espinoge- should probably be 30 white, 40 red, 30 blue. No other way around it.
Humanist- HERSEY!

This sounds about as good as we can get it. Seeing as the White have less Ideas, maybe they could get more influence if one of theirs is chosen?

I'm just waiting to see the unaffiliated try and create a fourth deme.

Maybe the unaffiliated could be the Inquisition of the Senate, looking for heretics? We could give them the Ideas that don't fit the existing three.

I hope we'll see the Emperor in the update, he is such an interesting character and only appeared in one chapter. Maybe have him telling his thoughts on the Senate and the Senators :p

I'm just waiting to see the unaffiliated try and create a fourth deme.
They already are a Fourth Demes in a way :p
Good luck slaughtering the sons of Timur
Thanks! :)
I hope we'll see the Emperor in the update, he is such an interesting character and only appeared in one chapter. Maybe have him telling his thoughts on the Senate and the Senators :p
He will return in one way or another, that I can promise :)

Heh, the unaffiliated are just that, unaffiliated, and there is a reason for that... at least for the Kastelos...

It just not time to the merchants to fight for their interests. Restore Aegyptus is priority. But if all goes well, you will see that some changes will come soon. The Kastelos Trade Company's fleet is moving. The xocolate market is blooming in every dark alley, with misterious sellers that no one know from where come, or how do they get this precious and heretic spice. Nothing is better than a profitable monopoly. The pockets of the Kasteloi are full, and not only of gold, but something else quite dangerous for some.

Raoul, better be ready.

[video=youtube;CFg7esxnrXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg7esxnrXs[/video]

Last edited:
Maybe the unaffiliated could be the Inquisition of the Senate, looking for heretics? We could give them the Ideas that don't fit the existing three.

Let's not try to search for heretics, there are definitely no heretics in the Imperium!

Let's not try to search for heretics, there are definitely no heretics in the Imperium!

Oh, you be quiet. I've had a heretical thought about you for some time now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be burned for voicing it.

Heh, the unaffiliated are just that, unaffiliated, and there is a reason for that... at least for the Kastelos...

It just not time to the merchants to fight for their interests. Restore Aegyptus is priority. But if all goes well, you will see that some changes will come soon. The Kastelos Trade Company's fleet is moving. The xocolate market is blooming in every dark alley, with misterious sellers that no one know from where come from, or how do they get this precious and heretic spice. Nothing is better than a profitable monopoly. The pockets of the Kasteloi are full, and not only of gold, but something else quite dangerous for some.

Raoul, better be ready.

[video=youtube;CFg7esxnrXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFg7esxnrXs[/video]

I don't fear you, you unaffiliated ! :p

The xocolate market is blooming in every dark alley, with mysterious sellers that no one know from where come from, or how do they get this precious and heretic spice.

I think we know exactly where. ;)

I think we know exactly where. ;)
Where? Please tell us, heretic prince, for we want to report you to the authorities so they burn you, I mean know out of curiousity.

Both Red and Blue leaders agree, so if viola has nothing against it that's how the "Idea Groups & Faction influence" table is going to look like:

UWMaKkq.jpg

We can ignore Humanist for a long time if not forever. Whites and Blues have 6 Idea Groups and Reds have 5. Why? Because they actually have one (Quantity) already taken, so we're 100% sure that 1/8 idea slots belongs to the Reds. IMHO it's fair, especially considering that some of the ideas of Whites (Espionage?) and Blues (we won't take Naval and Maritime probably) have a low chance to actually be chosen.

Ah, it's good to know there are still pious Romans around! By the way, does your character have a beard? Because I always imagined him more or less like this:

345px-Kronid_archimandryta_%C5%81awry_Troicko-Siergijewskiej.jpg
What kind of self-respecting crazy Imperial Cultist Orthodox Priest wouldn't have a beard!?
Of course my character has the best the beard of the entire Senate (and is a bit more slim)!
Both Red and Blue leaders agree, so if viola has nothing against it that's how the "Idea Groups & Faction influence" table is going to look like:

UWMaKkq.jpg

We can ignore Humanist for a long time if not forever. Whites and Blues have 6 Idea Groups and Reds have 5. Why? Because they actually have one (Quantity) already taken, so we're 100% sure that 1/8 idea slots belongs to the Reds. IMHO it's fair, especially considering that some of the ideas of Whites (Espionage?) and Blues (we won't take Naval and Maritime probably) have a low chance to actually be chosen.
This division is good.
If we are going to take Humanism in consideration (and we definitely shouldn't) then I would move Expansion to the Reds and Humanism to the Blues, but as it is this division is just fine.