• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Senator Septimark Wedrovander:
"I do not address you here today in any amount of hope or triumph that others have. I come today like the esteemed Taurinus having lost something precious. I lost my younger brother to the horse archers of the horde and one man here has made his death futile and vain. Colombo, your bill helped to kill many thousands of men and only to end up replacing them with more. Instead of considering giving the men some sort of training to at least know which end actually kills things you just simply said, "Go forth and replace him with his son and his grandfather so that one of them can see the day of an actual roman victory. Oh yes, I know your other "reforms" are not quite implemented and will take time but the Imperium suffered because of your proposal. However now there is some actual amount of opportunity to redeem your policies. Of course I speak of the possible war, the inevitable war with the Timurid heathens. And here you are doing just that, always prepared to kill a thousand peasants for a 10 slaves, a gold bar, and a another title for your own glory. Oh but I don't deal with slaves you say then what are all those peoples bound to your land are then hmm? Your work gangs don't even have the option of buying their freedom due to the fact that all the coin you make with your grain farms goes to you. I bet you also made quite a killing with those contracts of yours considering where the fighting was. But this I could forgive. If it wasn't suicidal to think about attacking when we don't know what the Xenoi of the west are thinking. Sure maybe have some time after all the horde have their fill of our lands and citizens. On the plus side the ones you were worried about aren't coming to cut the rest of your lands off yet. I support us attacking the Timirids only if the Xolal aren't in a position to attack us. Because quite frankly if the Xenoi attack with their Pisan friends when were also at war with the Timirids then we're doomed.

That said I think that those that have such, persons, as slaves are the ones providing most of the wealth that the empire needs and they are the ones benefiting from all this war which is plunging slave market values with excess goods. I think that it is better to consider returning to the slavery of old where all slaves could earn wages to free themselves from servitude. Save of course the Xenoi which are considered without souls are to be treated differently.
*no one suspects the twitch he gives at those words are from doubt not anger*
That is all I have to say at this time. Thank you for your ears.

{{Yeah my guy's angry but i'm not really. Just a bit miffed. If only we had infantry combat ability instead of replenishment of manpower... but oh well. Any who what are the Xenoi up too they're just too quiet for my tastes.}}

[size=+1]Senator Konstantinos Moustakas[/size]

I would spit upon you, Wedrovander, if I could. You know nothing about anything. The Imperium needed the recent manpower reforms or else Konstantinopolos would have fallen to the Horde by now.

Kindly shut your mouth when your betters are talking.

*Konstantinos shakes his cane at the foolish Wedrovander*

((sorry :p))

{{ To birdboy: Please read rules during the senate sessions back at page one, I understand that you're excited and all but this thread will be very bloated by the end of all this. Also no role playing outside of the senators or else we'd be spammed by the crowing of the Pisan by now between every post :p.}}

{{I meant it as a comment in the spirit of the story... but from a pro-Ilkhanate perspective. Trying not to cross the line into roleplay - don't have a character or anything. I'll try to shut up until you guys are between sessions again.}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Anastasios Salamis VI:[/SIZE]
*Anastasios seems distracted. He stumbles and almost falls on his way.*
My fellow Senators, I'm sorry that I seem distracted. My adventurous son is lost again, and we can't find him. *Anastasios strengthen his resolve.* But enough about that.
I am beginning to see my mistake now. Focusing on Exploration immediately would have been suicidal, and is still a suicide.
I wholeheartedly support focusing on military now, as the Emperor wisely proposed.
I also give my support to a great war against the wretched sons of evil Timur- they are, as for today, even more dangerous than the Xenoi and the Horde, as they hold lands so close to some of the most important lands of the Imperium, such as Hierusalem and Antioch.
Reclaiming Aegyptus is of an utmost import, as that would reunite the southern part of the Imperium with the rest and allow us to send expeditions and trade ships to the east, and reclaiming Syria will finally put the holy land away from danger.
However, we hear rumors that the Timurids are gaining lands in the east- it strengthens my opinion that right after we are secure we must begin exploring the lands to the east and south of Imperium Romanum lest we find only Xenoi and Muslims when we reach those lands.
Now, about slave trading. *Anastasios seems disgusted*
I have to agree that as distasteful as it is, slave trade is important. However, giving the traders, I mean slavers, even more privileges is a mistake- this is, after all, not the only important trade resource and it will be a mistake to give the slavers more support than the others.
I also greatly support honorable Senator Colombo's proposal for more regulation on slavering.

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

*Lazaros rises slowly from his seat.*

Hornoured senators, hornoured president of the senate. This empire of ours stands at the brink of war, only this time, we are the ones that have to decide about this. There is no doubt in my mind and my family, that the reconquest of Egypt and Syria would be beneficial to the empire and the People living in this regions. That be said, I'm not a military man, so I don't know if we are able to fight this war. I refer to those with more experience and the blessed and wise emperor in this matter. If those say that we will be definitely able to win this war, so may it be. The House of Melissenos will support the campaign.

Therefore it seams only logical to also support the military focus, for that our efforts in war don't get hampered by our lack of efforts behind the front lines. But I will not let this stand without a comment. The constant militarization of this empire of ours is not without danger. It is not unlike the path that the roman empire of old has taken and it has led to a dark age for all romans til the ascension of the Angeloi. Let me just give you a name to remind you: Maximinus Thrax.

*Lazaros takes a look through the room and a moment of silence, before continuing.*

On the subject of slavery. I make no secret of the fact, that I find this practice repugnant. It might be a tradition carried over from the empire of old and I openly admit, that not everyone in my family thinks like me. Additionally I also recognize that our decisions in this round have led to slavery becoming much more necessary throughout the empire with more and more citizens being send to fight in our 'Legions'. My intention was to abstain from this matter, but I too would be ready to support the hornourable senator Colombo's proposal for a stronger regularized form of slavery.

{{CzokletMuss hasn't said debating can begin. I think we should wait until we get the green light, to stay on the safe side.}}
{{I did actually, in the announcement :)

{{I meant it as a comment in the spirit of the story... but from a pro-Ilkhanate perspective. Trying not to cross the line into roleplay - don't have a character or anything. I'll try to shut up until you guys are between sessions again.}}
Don't worry, you may post during the Senate Session - as long as you are not writing in-character, that is :) It's not advised (too many posts made by non-Senators during the Session may make it kinda messy) but it's not forbidden at all. Just please continue to use the brackets :)

I see a lot of you are referring to the events which happened in game (during the "Prologue"), which is very good. Remember that you play the Senators who are living in a specific time and place, have their own personalities and whose opinions are influenced by what is happening to some degree. I don't want to impose any rules on how should you role-play but please remember that you are playing the Senators, not some incorporeal ghosts talking about "manpower", "core creation cost" and other terms which make no sense story-wise :)

To help you with this, here's what happened during the "Prologue" in regard to the Factions:

yR7eTz0.jpg

ZRJRKUd.jpg

There were also Imperial Council events but they are not really that interesting, they mainly serve as a mean to make sure that every year one randomly chosen Faction gets +10 or -10 influence.}}

[SIZE=+1]Senator Lazaros Melissenos[/SIZE]

*After a few moments thought, Lazaros leans to Senators Colombo and Salamis and speaks quietly to them.*

It occurs to me, my friends, that the Reds will leave this session as the big winners. While I think that the topic of slavery is more of a secondary nature, we can make it a victory for us Blues. If we are able to push for stronger regulations and get them through the vote, we might get at least a small victory that can improve our factions standing.

Last edited:
{{Ahem, use italics while writing in-character please.}}

{{No problem :)

In other news, it seems I've managed to make the game work again!

ZEESS24.jpg

I still don't know why it stopped working though, so further testing is required because if it happens not in 1450 but in 1650 it would be devastating...}}

*Domenico Colombo rises. Far from the harried and panicked looking man he was at the founding of the Senate, Domenico is now calm and austere. His merchant past has served him well; the Emperor and his administration increasingly listen to his words alone. Domenico has become, against all odds, the most powerful member of the Senate. But, he does not rest on his laurels. He has learned from the last sessions that the Senators are not always so predictable. Domenico has become more conservative with age, perhaps in a reaction against his son's increasing radicalism. He is now an entrenched Red, and will not tolerate threats to the military. But, the family connection still remains..*

Senator Domenico Colombo:

Wedrovander, you may want to watch what end your words are coming out of. The loss against the Horde was before my reforms could be properly implemented. The speed at which they were was certainly hampered by certain... elements of the Senate who were against progress. You clearly, even after 6 years, still do not understand what my reforms have done. We are not stripping the villages of the Imperium of all suitable men. We instead are reforming the recruitment process and are getting better at encouraging young men to sign up. Our recruitment schemes have been most effective. In past years, we would still be hurting from our fight with the Horde, but the Emperor is so confident in our abilities that he wants to go on the offensive! Your derisive words are not just against me, they are against the Emperor and his administration.

*Domenico then turns toward the Blues*

I appreciate the initial support for my proposal. However, we must wait for Maximos to confirm that this is a proposal I am allowed to make. The reconquest of Egypt serves all our interests, it is good to see so many of you embrace reason.

*Domenico turns to the Reds*

While some of you have voiced support for the lower taxes, I would like to know whether you are in support of my amendment. The amendment would be passed alongside the lower taxes.

*Domenico then turns to the Whites*

Brothers, we have not yet heard your positions on the matter of slavery. I hope you can agree that no true follower of our faith can be put in chains, especially by a fellow Christian. That is the behavior of the Xenoi, not the Imperium. Of course, we can always compensate by enslaving increased amounts of unrepentant sinners and heathens.

*Domenico retires to his seat, smiling. 'Perhaps', he thinks, 'there can be peace between the factions. With the Reds on top, of course.'*

{I don't know where my proposition stands in terms of legality. It's not a direct amendment, but it makes sense in context as something that would be an amendment to this sort of bill.}

I appreciate the initial support for my proposal. However, we must wait for Maximos to confirm that this is a proposal I am allowed to make. The reconquest of Egypt serves all our interests, it is good to see so many of you embrace reason.
{I don't know where my proposition stands in terms of legality. It's not a direct amendment, but it makes sense in context as something that would be an amendment to this sort of bill.}

Taxation of slave trade was not introduced to the Senate as a bill (to be passed as senatus consultum) but as a question (to be passed as resolution), so there can't really be any amendments to it. But don't worry, the issue of slavery will inevitabley return many times for the following reasons:

• it's an important part of the imperial economy (story-wise)
  • there are lots of slave-producing provinces in Europe (game-wise)
  • there is a decision to abolish slavery from vanilla (game-wise)
  • in "Victoria 2" there are slave POPs and you can abolish/institute slavery (game-wise)
So for now treat this resolution as an introduction to the subject. I'm sure there will be at least few more Senate Sessions which will tackle this issue :) But for now no bills and therefore no amendments - sorry!

Brothers, we have not yet heard your positions on the matter of slavery. I hope you can agree that no true follower of our faith can be put in chains, especially by a fellow Christian. That is the behavior of the Xenoi, not the Imperium. Of course, we can always compensate by enslaving increased amounts of unrepentant sinners and heathens.
Good Christians may not become slaves - only soulless xenoi, vile barbarians, repulsive heathens and accursed heretics may be stripped from their freedom (if they have any). Who do you think Romans are? Some savages who enslave one another? Christians may not become slaves, for such is the will of God himself. Involuntary servitude, on the other hand... ;)

We are not stripping the villages of the Imperium of all suitable men. We instead are reforming the recruitment process and are getting better at encouraging young men to sign up. Our recruitment schemes have been most effective.
Although I highly appreciate your creativity, you should take a look at the description of first idea from Quantity group:

JSJSNDu.jpg

Also to all those to whose comments I didn't respond - I'm terribly sorry but I was focused on making the damn game work again which (I'm sure you can agree) is the most important thing to do. If you still have questions concerning rules and so on (I'm sure you do) than don't hesitate to ask me - now that the tweaking and fixing is done and the save works again I should have more time for answering :)}}

Last edited:
{{It is working again? Fantastic!}}

{{It is working again? Fantastic!}}
{{I made two additional backups right away just in case but yup, it seems it's all good now :)

Although I still get some errors:

Code:
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound click not found.
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 6
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 7
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 10
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 11
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 12
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 13
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 16
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 17
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 20
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 21
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 22
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 23
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 26
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 27
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 30
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 31
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 32
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 33
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 36
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 37
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 40
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 41
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 42
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity czechgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 43
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 46
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 47
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 50
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 51
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 52
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 53
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 56
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 57
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 60
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 61
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 62
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 63
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 66
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 67
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 70
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 71
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 72
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 73
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 76
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 77
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 80
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 81
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 82
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 83
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 86
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 87
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 90
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 91
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 92
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 93
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 96
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_1, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 97
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 100
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_3, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 101
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_INFANTRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 102
[assetfactory.cpp:1502]: Couldn't find parent clone entity polishgfx_CAVALRY_4, in file "gfx/entities/zzz_poland.asset", near line 103
[savegamehelper.cpp:472]: Invalid file 
[savegamehelper.cpp:166]: Warning: save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4 is missing valid file magix, defaulting to TEXT.
[savegamehelper.cpp:166]: Warning: save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4 is missing valid file magix, defaulting to TEXT.
[persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unexpected token: UKR_ideas, near line: 787606
" in file: "save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4" near line: 787607
[persistent.cpp:34]: Error: "Unexpected token: ZAZ_ideas, near line: 788791
" in file: "save games/IMPERIUM SINE FINE.eu4" near line: 788792
[texturehandler.cpp:228]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//advisors//marshal.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//marshal.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_marshal_2
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//marshal.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_marshal_3
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//marshal.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_marshal_4
[texturehandler.cpp:228]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//advisors//admiral.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//admiral.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_grand_admiral_2
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//admiral.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_grand_admiral
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//marshal.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_marshal
[texturehandler.cpp:228]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx//interface//advisors//architect.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//architect.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_architect
[spritetype.cpp:705]: Error initialising texture: gfx//interface//advisors//architect.tga for spritetype GFX_advisor_architect_2

But it seems they no longer prevent the save from being loaded. I'm gonna fix them sooner or later however}}

Last edited:
*Colombo looks somewhat disappointed by Maximos' ruling.*

Thank you for clarifying, Serene Doux. While I am disappointed by the limitedness of the proposition, I am glad to hear the Imperial Administration is as against enslavery of good christians are I am. However, I do know that in Ethiopia there are somewhat less scrupulous slave traders out of sight of the Imperial Administration. Better enforced regulations will still be an issue I support.

{{I know what the quantity idea says, but we have to play politics here, and that means obfuscating facts. I would actually think Quantity would, in this case, mean some population growth.

Also, you just said we shouldn't be so literalist about modifiers and figures. In game-descriptions are literally the most meta thing to argue about in an IAAR}}

{{I know what the quantity idea says, but we have to play politics here, and that means obfuscating facts. I would actually think Quantity would, in this case, mean some population growth.

Also, you just said we shouldn't be so literalist about modifiers and figures. In game-descriptions are literally the most meta thing to argue about in an IAAR}}
{{Indeed, I was just trying to point out that the descriptions in game - especially those written by me :p - shouldn't be ignored completely and IMHO modifiers and numbers are a slightly differnt thing. I have no intention of interfering in how you play your role, so please don't take it as my attempt of restricting your interpretation because it was not what I was trying to say :) }}

*Domenico Colombo rises. Far from the harried and panicked looking man he was at the founding of the Senate, Domenico is now calm and austere. His merchant past has served him well; the Emperor and his administration increasingly listen to his words alone. Domenico has become, against all odds, the most powerful member of the Senate. But, he does not rest on his laurels. He has learned from the last sessions that the Senators are not always so predictable. Domenico has become more conservative with age, perhaps in a reaction against his son's increasing radicalism. He is now an entrenched Red, and will not tolerate threats to the military. But, the family connection still remains..*

Wedrovander, you may want to watch what end your words are coming out of. The loss against the Horde was before my reforms could be properly implemented. The speed at which they were was certainly hampered by certain... elements of the Senate who were against progress. You clearly, even after 6 years, still do not understand what my reforms have done. We are not stripping the villages of the Imperium of all suitable men. We instead are reforming the recruitment process and are getting better at encouraging young men to sign up. Our recruitment schemes have been most effective. In past years, we would still be hurting from our fight with the Horde, but the Emperor is so confident in our abilities that he wants to go on the offensive! Your derisive words are not just against me, they are against the Emperor and his administration.

*Domenico then turns toward the Blues*

*Domenico turns to the Reds*

While some of you have voiced support for the lower taxes, I would like to know whether you are in support of my amendment. The amendment would be passed alongside the lower taxes.

*Domenico then turns to the Whites*

*Domenico retires to his seat, smiling. 'Perhaps', he thinks, 'there can be peace between the factions. With the Reds on top, of course.'*

Your amendment is harmful and foolsih. Slavery has always been apart of the Imperium and it shall always remain.

Decius Taurinus
{{Decius pulls himself to his feet once again, leaning heavily on his cane}}

Senators, I am glad to see that so much of the senate has come to see that the Empire needs to continue to support the military. From my experience I would propose that the two best options for the reform to go now would be to either focus on insuring the role of the Aristocrats in the Military, ensuring that the nobles are able to contribute more fully to the Imperial War effort in the coming conflict.
The other option is to focus on Defensive measures. I propose defensive measures because I am certain we can defeat the sons of Timur, but we will need to strengthen our defenses if we are to hold the lands we retake, no more retreating, no more lost territories, we must hold what we have, reconquer what we have lost, and hold it forever more.

As for the question of slavery, I find it outrageous to think that we should give free reign to the Slave owners, the Empire is already beset by invaders from outside, the Mongols already inspire rebellion among subjects in Armenia, and I find it madness to imagine that anyone would want the Empire to allow slave owners to make our farms and mines depend on thousands of barbarian slaves. The Romans of old had to deal with the rebellion of Spartacus, who crushed Roman armies without the support of any foreign empire. Imagine the destruction that could be wrought by a slave revolt supported by the Horde or the Xenoi.
I for one, will not allow the Empire to become reliant on slavery to sustain it.

{{Would like Aristocratic or Defensive Ideas, though really as long as the Empire is getting the attention it needs he's fine with it. Against expanding the power of the slave traders/owners. (my first post would probably have made it clear that Decius is a Ok with invading the Timurids)}}
{{I do enjoy how each senate session has a different dynamic to it.}}

{{Fixed format, sorry about that, I blame the Mongols}}

Last edited:
{{
1. Use italics please.
2. Remember to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ]

{{I do enjoy how each senate session has a different dynamic to it.}}
Me too :)
}}

Your amendment is harmful and foolsih. Slavery has always been apart of the Imperium and it shall always remain.

You use harsh words, Moustakas. I am not in favor of banning slavery; indeed, I would support the enslaving of Timur's captured armies. But in the same sense that we have a moral imperative to protect the faithful living in the Timurid Empire, we also have a moral imperative to keep a close eye on the slave trade. You do not have a background in trade, Moustakas. You don't know what these kinds of men are capable of. If we are too lax, true believers may be sent to a living hell. And if we do not protect them, we may end up in a similar situation, if only after our deaths.

{You're putting your INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT honorific in danger by bein' a jerk, Andre. I'll give it to someone who isn't quite so rude... :p }