• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suggest to delay the Senate session until a solution is found- such uncertianty can get in the way of a real debate.
I really hope a solution is found soon, you've worked so much on this save with all the changes.
Oh, and does national focus has an effect on faction powers or only national ideas?

IMO, this is a pretty cut-and-dry issue, and I don't think the savefile issue will impact debate. Obviously it's a moot point if the savefile is screwed, but it's best to assume it's not.

I just finished reading the whole thing and.....Really quantity? I can understand the need for manpower and all but guys, manpower is not a problem for Byzantium. We already control The eastern part of the Med and the events that will be given from the start and the national decisions that will be taken again at start for already owing these lands will give more manpower reserves than we are gonna need. Also the modifications that have been made to the game, mean that the Azzies will have Swedish (superior discipline) troops, making the Soviet style cluster&$#%# we are planning on throwing at them the equivalent of fighting with slingshots against modern rifles. And to make things worse they have better tech and with lucky nations better generals. IMHO we should have either taken offense to come as close as we can to terms with their generals and troops or defense and attrition them to hell, but then i am not a senator :D

Lets hope this works for the best, at least we avoided exploration for time being.

Again congratulations on the role play aspect, you are all great in personifying those medieval backstabbers (I hope you are not too successful though, as the real life ones ;) )

what exactly is there to debate regarding the slave trade? unless there's some decision you can make about it, I'm not certain what the resolution would be about.

There is a decision to abolish it at some point but I dont remember how and what it requires right now. As is the dissolution of the monarchy....Whistles innocently....

I just finished reading the whole thing and.....Really quantity? I can understand the need for manpower and all but guys, manpower is not a problem for Byzantium. We already control The eastern part of the Med and the events that will be given from the start and the national decisions that will be taken again at start for already owing these lands will give more manpower reserves than we are gonna need. Also the modifications that have been made to the game, mean that the Azzies will have Swedish (superior discipline) troops, making the Soviet style cluster&$#%# we are planning on throwing at them the equivalent of fighting with slingshots against modern rifles. And to make things worse they have better tech and with lucky nations better generals. IMHO we should have either taken offense to come as close as we can to terms with their generals and troops or defense and attrition them to hell, but then i am not a senator :D

Lets hope this works for the best, at least we avoided exploration for time being.

Again congratulations on the role play aspect, you are all great in personifying those medieval backstabbers (I hope you are not too successful though, as the real life ones ;) )

The idea group was chosen for our current needs. What is relevant down the road is irrelevant if we are destroyed early on.

And Quantity IS needed. That one war with the Horde destroyed the manpower pool, and it was a defensive war. Having a larger, cheaper army will be extremely useful as well. And why does it turn to a Soviet clusterfuck? We can keep up in tech while using an idea, it just takes a bit longer. The disipline is less useful early game anyway. And we will be fighting enough wars that our army trad will be giving us great generals anyway. Defensive I could see, but there was no movement for it from anyone. The first idea in Quantity is one of the best in the game IMO, and we needed quick solutions.

I sincerely doubt we will be sitting on full manpower any time soon. If we are, something is terribly terribly wrong.

The idea group was chosen for our current needs. What is relevant down the road is irrelevant if we are destroyed early on.

And Quantity IS needed. That one war with the Horde destroyed the manpower pool, and it was a defensive war. Having a larger, cheaper army will be extremely useful as well. And why does it turn to a Soviet clusterfuck? We can keep up in tech while using an idea, it just takes a bit longer. The disipline is less useful early game anyway. And we will be fighting enough wars that our army trad will be giving us great generals anyway. Defensive I could see, but there was no movement for it from anyone. The first idea in Quantity is one of the best in the game IMO, and we needed quick solutions.

I sincerely doubt we will be sitting on full manpower any time soon. If we are, something is terribly terribly wrong.

Or very good :p

If you run down the bonuses to discipline he gave to the azzies you will understand why I speak about soviet cluster%#*T#. To get army tradition you need to survive wars in the first place and army tradition is better gained at sieges not combat. Have you ever fought a full discipline Sweden army? I am asking cause those and the Prussians are the best. And from my calculations the Azzies eventually will overshadow them. They will be hard as nails.

Also I really doubt that we can keep up in tech, given the fact that we pay a penalty, the azzies have a headstart and their kings will have better stats. Then again we are dealing with the AI and I think on it from an MP perspective so....

Last edited:
It would suck if it was corrupted
Luckily this is the very beginning, so in the worst case scenario I could just start a new game and with some console magic recreate everything what happened. However, since the save worked yesterday and then suddenly stopped working there is no guarantee that the new save won't get corrupted as well (if that's what happened).

I won't get any help from tech support because this is a modded game :( I'll ask in the modding subforum.

Luckily this is the very beginning, so in the worst case scenario I could just start a new game and with some console magic recreate everything what happened. However, since the save worked yesterday and then suddenly stopped working there is no guarantee that the new save won't get corrupted as well (if that's what happened).

I won't get any help from tech support because this is a modded game :( I'll ask in the modding subforum.

Mr. Muss although I strive to finish that game I started almost a year and a half before as the Byzantines in ck2 and export it in Eu4, may I humbly request that once this AAR is finished, may we receive a 1444 start file for EU4? If anything with all that work you have done this actually is a new mod.

BTW I read somewhere there that there is a modifier named: The angeloi have lost the throne or somesuch. Is this something that triggers after a revolt takes place and the rebels enforce their demands with a pretender or such?
If this happens for whatever reason have you put any thought at how you will proceed in the game?

BTW what OS are you using regarding the save game problems?

Hm, what's the youngest age for a Senator?

Hm, what's the youngest age for a Senator?
The Rules said:
3. Only male members of the Noble House with experience in the service of the Imperium and at least 25 years old may are eligible to become its representative.
Here you go.

Good news! I think I now what caused problems with the saves - although the option to compress the saves was turned off, for some reason they were compressed anyways. I still don't know whether they (main save + backup) can be, err, saved but at least now I know what exactly is wrong with them (that is, they were compressed).

Good news! I think I now what caused problems with the saves - although the option to compress the saves was turned off, for some reason they were compressed anyways. I still don't know whether they (main save + backup) can be, err, saved but at least now I know what exactly is wrong with them (that is, they were compressed).
Let us pray to their safe recovery, For it would be a unworthy end of the imperium for it to die due to their small world ending

If I'm correct, the issue can be fixed simply be paying attention whether I save normally (no compression). However, if the saves are damaged I'm afraid there is no other way than to just start over and use console to make things go more or less as they were described in the prologue.

Those Pisan Scum have unlocked the power to control black holes and want to compress the whole world into it because they know its the only way to defeat the Imperium!!!