• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wait, so we should execute CzokletMuss? And Markos III?

what i meant was, that the devils necter (Chocolate) and the devils breath (american tobacco) shoudnt be consumed, as it comes from the xenoi empire. if we allow excuses to this rule, we pose a bad example to the under class. while execution is to much a harsh punishment, maybe a few days in the chapel for reflection with god might do the trick.

Reactions:
what i meant was, that the devils necter (Chocolate) and the devils breath (american tobacco) shoudnt be consumed, as it comes from the xenoi empire. if we allow excuses to this rule, we pose a bad example to the under class. while execution is to much a harsh punishment, maybe a few days in the chapel for reflection with god might do the trick.
The Emperor is god's regent on earth, and as such he knows exactly what does god want. He can consume whichever devil's thing he wants.

Wait, so we should execute CzokletMuss? And Markos III?

You dare mention the execution of the emperor? or... uh... I guess if the angeloi are recieving word directly from god, czoklet would be god in this situation... so you dare to execute god? Hairesy, your punishment is to be shaved bald.

Death to the XocolatlMuss Empire! They're clearly working together with the Xenoi! Let us create a true republic!

It shall be reborn, a free, glorious, Pisan Republic!

Now you've gone too far.

BTW, how did you end up as the Enemy Of The State? I read the updates in the previous TIM, but not the other comments in detail, so I don't know the backstory.

Now you've gone too far.

BTW, how did you end up as the Enemy Of The State? I read the updates in the previous TIM, but not the other comments in detail, so I don't know the backstory.
It was probably because he has knowledge in a lot of unusual languages like Mongol and Aztec, so he used them to speak for the language's state and against the Empire.
I would use my Hebrew to be a conspiring Jew but I'm a Senator, so it's not appropriate :p

Death to the XocolatlMuss Empire! They're clearly working together with the Xenoi! Let us create a true republic!

You mean something like, you know, a Roman Republic? Cicero would shed tears.

Now you've gone too far.

Well he began by speaking foreign languages, Breton then Ethiopian then he ended up speaking Mongol and Aztec.
He then spread infamous propaganda among the followers of the True Faith (aka This is Madness), was imprisoned by the Athanatoi but fled to Pisa where he continues to spread his poison.

Edit : didn't see the message of ParrotGuy :p

I took a brake from CK2 and EU4 for at least six months (work etc) and I just finished reading the ck part from where I left it.

Now I am on the 30 page of this and....This is truly amazing! I wish I had the time to join early in the senate. Congrats to all posters this is truly reminiscent of the Roman politics. I truly got the feeling that the nobility just wants to tear the empire apart for personal gain and the table has it all: Military crazies, gold lust, religious fanatics, the only thing I did not see is the light of reason, then again in this world....

I haven't reached the consensus of the first idea yet but I really hope it is not exploration or quantity nor religion. From what I read the Azzys will outdicipline you right off the bat from the many bonuses you gave them and have better tech, religion wise the empire remains mostly united and I fear a war wont be in our best interests right now.Neither I feel trade would make such a large difference.

Personally I would choose either offensive or defensive: Either wait the others to attack me (unavoidable it seems) or pursue the re-acquisition of Egypt and push through the eastern and lower half of Africa and begin colonizing the land there (second Idea expansion IMHO, to give a good all around bonus and pacify the senators a bit).

EDIT: If we pleebs are not allowed to post here, tell me so I will delete this.

I took a brake from CK2 and EU4 for at least six months (work etc) and I just finished reading the ck part from where I left it.

Now I am on the 30 page of this and....This is truly amazing! I wish I had the time to join early in the senate. Congrats to all posters this is truly reminiscent of the Roman politics. I truly got the feeling that the nobility just wants to tear the empire apart for personal gain and the table has it all: Military crazies, gold lust, religious fanatics, the only thing I did not see is the light of reason, then again in this world....
Thanks! Don't worry, the Senate will probably be expanded to 30 Senators (+6 seats) at some point in the future. And yup, the politics of the Senate are very enjoyable to read - but it's all to the player's merit.

I haven't reached the consensus of the first idea yet but I really hope it is not exploration or quantity nor religion. From what I read the Azzys will outdicipline you right off the bat from the many bonuses you gave them and have better tech, religion wise the empire remains mostly united and I fear a war wont be in our best interests right now.Neither I feel trade would make such a large difference.

Personally I would choose either offensive or defensive: Either wait the others to attack me (unavoidable it seems) or pursue the re-acquisition of Egypt and push through the eastern and lower half of Africa and begin colonizing the land there (second Idea expansion IMHO, to give a good all around bonus and pacify the senators a bit).
Ahem, yeah, well... You may be dissapointed by what Senate decided is the best way to go :p Shame you are not a Senator, it's always good to hear a voice of reason from an experienced EU4 player ;)

EDIT: If we pleebs are not allowed to post here, tell me so I will delete this.
Everyone is allowed to post! It's just that during the Senate Session it's suggested to limit posting and use brackets if you are not a Senator - the divide beween in-character and out-of-character writing has to be clearly visible if we want to avoid arguments.

IMPORTANT
It seems I forgot to mention few things during the last dev diary, namely:
- minimum local autonomy for colonies on the same continent as capital changed to 0% (vanilla = 50%)
- Pisa got a boost to mercantilism
- CBs granted by completing Expansion and Exploration now work for High American as well

I just thought I should mention this before posting "Prologue" :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Don't worry, the Senate will probably be expanded to 30 Senators (+6 seats) at some point in the future. And yup, the politics of the Senate are very enjoyable to read - but it's all to the player's merit.

Everyone is allowed to post! It's just that during the Senate Session it's suggested to limit posting and use brackets if you are not a Senator - the divide beween in-character and out-of-character writing has to be clearly visible if we want to avoid arguments.

IMPORTANT
It seems I forgot to mention few things during the last dev diary, namely:
- minimum local autonomy for colonies on the same continent as capital changed to 0% (vanilla = 50%)
- Pisa got a boost to mercantilism
- CBs granted by completing Expansion and Exploration now work for High American as well

I just thought I should mention this before posting "Prologue" :)

Any ETA for the prologue ?
I hope we'll have more Markos III, it's a pity he only appeared in the last years of CK2

PROLOGUE
1444-1450
THE END OF THE BEGINNING

COBJksZ.jpg

IN THE GRIM DARKNESS OF THE DYING CHRISTENDOM
THERE IS ONLY WAR

It is the end of the 7th millennium since the creation of the world. For more than a thousand years the Imperium Romanum has stood, ruled from the Sacred Palace in Konstantinoupolis.

1BVReAi.jpg

ev2zHvv.jpg

Since the days of Saint Markos Isapostolos the Angeloi have sat on the Throne, preserving his everlasting legacy.

jjFeGxW.jpg

im7feUM.jpg

His descendant Markos III Angelos is Basileus Basileon by the Grace of God, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom. He is the lord of the innumerable lands by the will of Iesus Kristos and the might of his Imperial Army.

xwtjmJv.jpg

Mighty fleets cross the wide seas and uncounted Roman soldiers give battle in Emperor's name on far lands.

9DIgJNu.jpg

LHs4Kt7.jpg

Greatest among his warriors are the Kataphraktoi, elite heavy cavalry unmatched on the battlefield. Their comrads in arms are legion: the professional soldiers of Tagmata and brave levies and conscripts of Themata, the ever-vigilant Athanatoi and battle-hardened Auxilia from Christian Kingdoms to name only a few.

9wjB8X8.jpg

iBbhqMn.jpg

But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to defend the Imperium from endless hordes of xenoi, barbarians and heretics.

vJLdAhf.jpg

dzTswpD.jpg

To live in such times is to be one amongst millions, it is to live in a collapsing, warring continent filled with violence and hatred. These are the tales of these times.

y2sjzH8.jpg

dwgPXsO.jpg

yQGxRBU.jpg

Forget the promise of progress and understanding for much is forgotten, never to be relearned. Soulless xenoi have conquered countless lands, rivaled in size only by those controlled by the Horde and sons of Timur, bringing untold destruction upon the Christendom.

53HIXFD.jpg

jiAriim.jpg

In the ashes of the old world the Imperium still stands, its ever-expanding borders barely outpacing the rate of decay of its immense body.

OGcVOTn.jpg

j0Wq6rp.jpg

Unimaginable horrors hidden in the mists of the Far West are waiting to be discovered and unleashed upon surviving Christians. But what lies beyond the uncharted seas may be the only salvation of the Imperium exhausted by centuries of never-ending war – or it may be its undoing.

p2xT0bC.jpg

For there is no peace amongst Men nor hope for victory, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of dark gods.

Last edited:
e31.jpg

I've thought about the reconquered cities getting more BT and manpower and I had one example in mind, Tangiers
Triggers :
-Tangiers is owned by the Imperium
-Tangiers is orthodox
-Tangiers is Greek
-Imperium owns : Gibraltar, Cadiz, Ceuta, Mellila, Fez and Gharb (this way you must control the neigbouring area)

Description :
Rejoice citizens of the Imperium. The old city of Tangiers, keeper of the Mediteranean has been reclaimed by the Imperium. Cleansed by the fire of the tagmata of the horrors from the West, numerous settlers have come from the Imperium to the new city of Heraclopolis (pillars of Heracles anyone ?) which has been serving as a naval base for the Imperial Navy to stop the Westerners enter the Mare Nostrum. (don't pay attention to the grammar, I've written that in 2mn :p )

Effects :
Tangiers renamed Heraclopolis
Tangiers gains +2BT
Tangiers gains +150MP

Last edited:
Oh, we lost?
Now, that's gonna be interesting. I hope that the Imperium can actualy find time for exploration- maby we should have taken defensive ideas.