• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I support the Imperium, not Factions! :p Story-wise every Emperor will have some preferences obviously, but game-wise Religious or Administrative are the best choices for the first idea IMHO.

Of course the point is that it's not me who's gonna decide about this but you :)

Hurray !
Your thoughts on the Orthodoxy spreading in Asia ?
I don't understand the question - what about it?

I posted about an idea I had but well you must not have seen it :p
Yeah, I must've missed it. Sorry, I was really busy with changes to the exported save and fixing what AoW broke - in fact I haven't even played 30 minutes in AoW so far.

Yeah, I must've missed it. Sorry, I was really busy with changes to the exported save and fixing what AoW broke - in fact I haven't even played 30 minutes in AoW so far.

Yeah I thought it was that.
To sum up, if I could mod a decision for the Imperium to install a center of orthodoxy when it reaches India (for great costs of course) would you implement it ?

Has the senate session started now ?
No.
have there been any changes to policies?
Patch 1.8 changed all the policies, if this is what you mean.
Yeah I thought it was that.
To sum up, if I could mod a decision for the Imperium to install a center of orthodoxy when it reaches India (for great costs of course) would you implement it ?
Hmm, centers of Orthodoxy slowly spreading the True Faith to the whole region... Sounds pretty OP. But you know what, I could use this code to make centers of Tengri or Aztec faith in Europe. So yeah, go ahead ;)

Hmm, centers of Orthodoxy slowly spreading the True Faith to the whole region... Sounds pretty OP. But you know what, I could use this code to make centers of Tengri or Aztec faith in Europe. So yeah, go ahead ;)

He can't stop piling benefits on his enemies, can't he? :D

Lol, you're nerfing yourself to oblivion :p
Anyways, can't wait for the Senate session to start :) This is fun.
Oh, and a question- story-wise, did the tutorial Senate session happen? I mean, are the speeches and fights canon to the AAR's story?
That can save a lot of time as most of us won't need to write about are opinions.

He can't stop piling benefits on his enemies, can't he? :D

What else would you expect of someone named after Xocolatl but to support the aztecs? I hope you at least give yourself the option to use the faith-nuke, at great cost and somewhat debatable benefit considering we'll probably have a good missionary strength to just conquer them.

Oh, and a question- story-wise, did the tutorial Senate session happen? I mean, are the speeches and fights canon to the AAR's story?
That can save a lot of time as most of us won't need to write about are opinions.
No. It was just a tutorial session plus there were only 12 Senators at the time (AFAIK), so barely a half of the Senate. Whatever happened there doesn't matter at all and should be treated as non-existent.
What else would you expect of someone named after Xocolatl but to support the aztecs? I hope you at least give yourself the option to use the faith-nuke, at great cost and somewhat debatable benefit considering we'll probably have a good missionary strength to just conquer them.
You have to admit that xocolatl mousse sound delicious (albeit heretical) :p

given how the Reds seem to be controlled by a Blue infiltrator (who is likely also a Pisan infiltrator as well) i'm starting to consider switching to the Whites. Though I'm glad people aren't acting solely on what the best game mechanics are but actually acting as characters.

given how the Reds seem to be controlled by a Blue infiltrator (who is likely also a Pisan infiltrator as well) i'm starting to consider switching to the Whites. Though I'm glad people aren't acting solely on what the best game mechanics are but actually acting as characters.

Given how outnumbered the Faithful are, you probably should.

(I wouldn't trust me, though. I am biased.)

Yeah, I'd love to advocate diplo now that it has a 20% WS reduction, but how the heck would I justify it in character?

Edit: Same way I'd advocate any diplo idea: re-branding it to make it sound like it's harming our foes.

Last edited:
Same way I'd advocate any diplo idea: re-branding it to make it sound like it's harming our foes.
"Our ruthless Diplomats will destroy our enemies: their cruel words will shatter the Xenoi dreams and their perfidious jokes will make the Mongols cry. We will offend them to death! MUAHAHAHAH!"

"Our ruthless Diplomats will destroy our enemies: their cruel words will shatter the Xenoi dreams and their perfidious jokes will make the Mongols cry. We will offend them to death! MUAHAHAHAH!"
Yes. This.

[size=+2]FIRST SENATE SESSION - OPENING[/size]

q32fjzl.jpg

Illustrious doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis, hereby annouces that

[size=+2]THE FIRST SENATE SESSION HAS BEGUN[/size]

The First Senate Session is dedicated to the following matters:

[size=+1]Reform of the imperial administration and new legislation (First Idea Group)[/size]

His Imperial Majesty Caesar Augustus Autokrator Markos III Angelos has introduced the following bill to the Imperial Senate:
Restauratio Fortitudinis Imperii Act (Senatus Consultum)

The Imperial Senate, excersicing legislative power it was given by the Sacred Emperor Markos III Angelos, basileus basileon by the Grace of God, king of kings and rulers of rulers, Caesar Augustus of the Romaioi and all Men, Autokrator of the Holy Church and Protector of the Christendom, acting on authority of His Imperial Majesty and with His approval, decided what follows:

1. That the Imperium Romanum, its Administration, Army and Navy, and all Logothesia are in a dire need of a Reform.
2. That such Reform is necessary for the preservation of the Imperium and all Roman citizens and all Christians.
3. That the Imperial Senate and all Noble Houses support His Imperial Majesty absolutely and with no hesitation in all matters and all actions taken by Him.
4. That His Imperial Majesty, guided by the Holy Spirit and with Saint Markos' blessing, accurately and properly determined that such Reform has to begin with Sanatio of the Imperial Administration.
5. That all Senators agree that the matter of the foremost priority for the Imperium is in fact Administrative Reform (Administrative Ideas).

Bill adopted by the Imperial Senate on [DAY] November 1444 year and submitted to His Imperial Majesty for approval on the same day.
and wishes the Senators to accept it in the form of a SENATUS CONSULTUM.​

[size=+1]The debate shall last for 3 days, that is from 10:00 PM 5th November (Wednesday) until 10:00 PM 8th November (Saturday).[/size]

[size=+1]Remember to begin every post written in-character using the following template:
- [ b ][ size=+1 ]Senator <name>:[ /b ][ /size ][/size]

AMENDMENTS
  • As it was decided by His Imperial Majesty the Senate Factions are ALLOWED to propose provisions not included in the bill.
  • Faction Leaders propose provisions in the name of their Senate Factions after discussion within the Faction.
  • Faction Leaders may start proposing provisions after 24 hours have passed since the opening of the Senate Session (that is after 10:00 PM 6th November).
  • The Imperial Senate will vote only on the bill introduced by His Imperial Majesty and properly introduced provisions.

[size=+2]THE DEBATE BEGINS IN 1 HOUR
***[/size]

[size=+1]Senator Anastasios IV Salamis:[/size]
My fellow Senators, Doux Maximos Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and Prefect of Konstantinoupolis.
We gathered here to decide an important decision- what will the Imperium reform.
As you all may know, I'm a great supporter of Exploration. Exploration will give us powerful benefits- our trade will flourish as we find new trading partners in Sinea and Hindustan, our strength will be greater with new lands subjugated to the benelovent Imperium, and we may even get new allies in form of barbarians seeing the light of Iesus Kristos.
Indeed, we may find friends with common enemies- for example, we all know, from the voyages of Zheng He, that the Sineans got independent from the horde and may not co-operate against it- and we all heard the rumours of nations opposing the Xenoi in the far west...
However...Our wise Emperor, regent of god on earth, has suggested that we wait.
And indeed, as we agreed before when we chose the faction leaders, there are still preperations needed before we begin the Exploration- it is required that we reconquer Aegyptus from the filthy Timurids, and for that a sort of an administrative or military reform is required. Thus, I will devote this speech not to try and persuade members of other factions to vote for Exploration but to suggest our wise faction leader, Hadrianos Raoul, a course of action.
I propose that we make a deal with the red demes, and if they decide to stop beign fanatics, the white demes too.
I believe that we should all agree to vote for what the red demes decide- but with a promise that they will vote for Exploration next time.
That way, we will be completley assured that the Imperium will explore new lands- but also, hopefuly, get a good reform that will allow us to reconquer Aegyptus.
What say you, fellow blue demes?