• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd say that the Rhadenos could be allied with some houses who have integrated the Senate, but maybe we will have divergences on the way to go for the Imperium ;)
I think some debates will be interesting to say the least but I hope it doesn't end like this :D

I think some debates will be interesting to say the least but I hope it doesn't end like this :D
Fear not, for House Rhadenos shall firmly stand against such practices.
Stabbing people for several times in the middle of the Senate is unacceptable, as it is far too tame!

House Rhadenos has always supported the theory that the only way to deal with political opposition, or any kind of opposition in general, is through ridiculous amounts of Holy Fire!
Traitors and heretics (a.k.a. those who don't like House Rhadenos ideas) must be punished swiftly and with as much unnecessary violence as physically possible. Some random stabbing will just not cut it. House Rhadenos also believes that Rational debate is overrated and a source of abhorrent perversions like critical thinking, or just thinking in general.

:happy: The Emperor Protects. :happy:

Folks, I don't want to spoil your fun but:

SECTION 2: BASIC INFORMATION

If you want to participate in the AAR, you have to send your application as described below in CHAPTER IV: CHARACTERS

As a participant in this AAR you MAY:
- create your own characters, that is Noble House and Senator who is representing your House in the Senate
- take part in Senate sessions, that is debate with other players and vote (in-character);
- discuss other things like every other forumite (out-of-character)

[size=+1]As a participant in this AAR you MAY NOT:
- write in-character while there is no Senate Session hold
[/size]
- break forum rules or rules of this AAR
For the time being interactivity it limited ONLY to the Senate Session. If everything goes well, I'll change the rules so that they are not so rigid (if moderators allow), but for now these are the rules and please keep them in mind. The AAR has not yet started (it will happen after "Art of War" release) but it doesn't mean the rules are not binding.

I didn't touch trade so far and I'm yet to figure out how to mod it but yes, bigger demand for slaves makes sense. In fact, I think I should give a huge portion of Europe controlled by xenoi slaves as trade goods but I'm not really sure where in the game files I can change this (and/or basetax).

The base tax and resources of the provinces are easy to change. You have to to go the history folder, open "provinces" and search the .txt file of the corresponding province. You can add everything you want.

And, wow, its great to see the new houses. I hope that we will be civilized and treat each other as properly romans senators. Hehehe....

Edit: By the way, I want to ask: I guess that roman and greek are pretty much the same at this time, right? Because I'm reading all the stories and some seems to be differencing roman and greek... (and if not, heh, sorry)

Edit 2: So the Kasteloi have a rival family? AHAHAHA, that's awesome! (I think)

Last edited:
So the Kasteloi have a rival family? AHAHAHA, that's awesome! (I think)
Yes House Zvonimir will probably challenge House Kasteloi for dominance over the Mediterranean trade. House Zvonimir is a friendly and amiable group, however with the death of both the mad emperor Alexois and Demetrios there is a lot of unemployed imperial "interrogators" who's services house Zvonimir has employed:p.

P.S It doesn't count as breaking the rules as long as I only talk about my House right? I don't want to cause trouble for Czoklet Muss or be a filthy rule breaker.

So this maybe a silly question but how can I get an avatar or flag under my forum name?

Last edited:
Yes House Zvonimir will probably challenge House Kasteloi for dominance over the Mediterranean trade. House Zvonimir is a friendly and amiable group, however with the death of both the mad emperor Alexois and Demetrios there is a lot of unemployed imperial "interrogators" who's services house Zvonimir has employed:p.

P.S It doesn't count as breaking the rules as long as I only talk about my House right? I don't want to cause trouble for Czoklet Muss or be a filthy rule breaker.

So this maybe a silly question but how can I get an avatar or flag under my forum name?

Go to settings

The more voices there are in the senate, the more power to influence the ways of the Empire (to the good of the empire alone of course)! To quote a later republican: „We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
But let me say, there are many great stories of Senators and their Houses, that already looks like a lot of fun together with you guys!

By the way, were will the Senate sit? I’m afraid I do not know much about Constantinople. We could always sit in the Hagia Sophia under the watchful eyes of the Golden Throne or is there another building that is more appropriate? Or even a newly build one?

The more voices there are in the senate, the more power to influence the ways of the Empire (to the good of the empire alone of course)! To quote a later republican: „We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
But let me say, there are many great stories of Senators and their Houses, that already looks like a lot of fun together with you guys!

By the way, were will the Senate sit? I’m afraid I do not know much about Constantinople. We could always sit in the Hagia Sophia under the watchful eyes of the Golden Throne or is there another building that is more appropriate? Or even a newly build one?

Now I have the mental image of the whole Senate sitting at folding chairs and tables in the Hagia Sophia while the Senate building is being constructed.

But maybe a grand renovation of the Hagia Sophia could do this. Along with the Throne, it would be easy to put in a new wing overlooked by St. Markos himself, so that he may thenceforth and forever sit at the head of every Senatorial gathering. All he needs is a text-to-speech device and he's set.

Senators, forumites - we have the release date of "Art of War" confirmed:

STOCKHOLM — October 10, 2014 — "I reply that since war is not a job at which any man can make an honorable living, it should be left entirely in the hands of princes or governors." – Machiavelli, Art of War, Book I.

Paradox Interactive today announced that Art of War, the newest and largest expansion for the award-winning grand strategy game Europa Universalis IV, will be available worldwide on October 30, 2014. This, the fourth expansion to be released for Europa Universalis IV, adds a vast array of changes to the game at the fundamental level, including a dramatic overhaul to the game map itself.

This means that the first chapter of "TIM2: Imperium Sine Fine" should be released either on 2nd November (if exported save won't work with the DLC) or on 9th November (if it works than I'm going to need few days at least to make sure everything is compatible).

I'm at work now (ahem) so I'll respond to your comments later.

I've read my house history again, and I have two last requests. Can you change the house founding year to 992 to make it more realistic?
Also, to better reflect how much weaker house Salamis got, I thought about changing Anastasios (the first, not the Senator) to a Doux. So if you agree, those are the lines which need changing (I also changed some Grammar mistakes so if you can please copy those and just replace the original lines with them):
Founded by: Dorotheos Salamis in the year 992
History: The house of Salamis was founded by Dorotheos Salamis in the year of 992.
........ The second was Anastasios Doux of Athens in the years 1156-1205. This was the time of the greatest power of house Salamis- Anastasios was appointed by Emperor Philaretos Doukas to serve as Magistros of the Imperium and Doux of Athens and count of Hellas, Atheniai, and Demetrias. At this time, house Salamis was close to become a dynastoi........
Today, the house is much weaker than in the days of Anastasios, Doux of Athens but is still stronger than in the days after Leon Angeloi.........
Notable members: ........... Magistros Anastasios, Doux of Athens and head of the house, 1142-1205.

I've read my house history again, and I have two last requests. Can you change the house founding year to 992 to make it more realistic?
Also, to better reflect how much weaker house Salamis got, I thought about changing Anastasios (the first, not the Senator) to a Doux. So if you agree, those are the lines which need changing (I also changed some Grammar mistakes so if you can please copy those and just replace the original lines with them):
Founded by: Dorotheos Salamis in the year 992
History: The house of Salamis was founded by Dorotheos Salamis in the year of 992.
........ The second was Anastasios Doux of Athens in the years 1156-1205. This was the time of the greatest power of house Salamis- Anastasios was appointed by Emperor Philaretos Doukas to serve as Magistros of the Imperium and Doux of Athens and count of Hellas, Atheniai, and Demetrias. At this time, house Salamis was close to become a dynastoi........
Today, the house is much weaker than in the days of Anastasios, Doux of Athens but is still stronger than in the days after Leon Angeloi.........
Notable members: ........... Magistros Anastasios, Doux of Athens and head of the house, 1142-1205.

I wonder if our family stories didn't colide. Athens seams to be very in very high demand. I had postet Nikephoros Melissenos (ca. 1045-1104) as first Praefectus of Athens, a title cept in the family from then on. I think it would make more sense (title and storywise) when at the time where our stories overlap your Family held the Dutchy of Athens wile mine the City, like a kind of Major and becoming independent upon the decline of your House. Would that be ok for you?

;)

Questions I know you mentioned that we would have a senator session before the game but what exactly will that be about? Will it be something like a roll call or will we discuss preliminary moves of the empire? Or maybe just how senators privileges or restrictions should work lore wise and inter forum wise? Lastly will it only be "One" session or will it be multiple sessions to get things ironed out?

He probably has already an idea, but an idea would something that make sense game wise, like “Should the roman Legions be reformed?” to represent the change from the levi/retenue-army of CK II to the more general standing army of EU IV.

He probably has already an idea, but an idea would something that make sense game wise, like “Should the roman Legions be reformed?” to represent the change from the levi/retenue-army of CK II to the more general standing army of EU IV.

That's a debate that must have an affirmative answer. I'd like to see a discussion in the senate about this matter, but who knows how this will be represented.

I wonder if our family stories didn't colide. Athens seams to be very in very high demand. I had postet Nikephoros Melissenos (ca. 1045-1104) as first Praefectus of Athens, a title cept in the family from then on. I think it would make more sense (title and storywise) when at the time where our stories overlap your Family held the Dutchy of Athens wile mine the City, like a kind of Major and becoming independent upon the decline of your House. Would that be ok for you?
I actualy thought about that- it will be very interesting in the Senate :D
I don't think there should be anything to worry about- my family held the duchy of Athens only one lifetime (1156-1205).
After 1205, the heir of the duke got the titles revoked after a short while and then held only one barony in Athens- which means your family is completly independent.
So your family was a vassal of mine for a while, but now you could say that it is even stronger, holding the biggest city in the duchy of Athens while my family holds a (quite big and rich, but still not as the city of Athens) barony.

Last edited:
So I had a thought while I was in the shower, the EU4 advisors all have last names right, so would it be possible to have the senators houses be put in the game :blink:? I don't know anything about modding EU4, and I certainly don't want to put Czoklet Muss through any more unnecessary work. Lord knows the man has been working hard on modding everything, dealing with computer crashes, and game file corruptions plus with the Art of War coming out things might get even more complicated. Anyway just a thought but I would love to hear what people think about it.

Last edited: