• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, you can do this as long as he doesn't interact with anyone - every player has 1 character at a time, so you can't play as 2 characters (your Senator and his son for instance). Your character may talk to him but he can only sit there. This will change at some point in the future probably, but for now I want to see how the Faction Meetings are going to work out.

What i intended was a "Hello rest of the blues, this is my youngest, and my chosen sucessor in the senate, now get in the corner and take notes" i think that fits into your limitations.

What i intended was a "Hello rest of the blues, this is my youngest, and my chosen sucessor in the senate, now get in the corner and take notes" i think that fits into your limitations.
Yup, it does.

I think that style of only being able to play one character in sessions is good to keep. A debate or meeting can have a lot of conversations going at once and one character per person helps keep things a bit more organized, I still have to consult the senator list to remember who I like and dislike, and we'd need books of names and characters if all the internal happenings of various families started coming into play each session.

Though I have a question, if this was purely for role playing reasons could characters arrange marriages between houses to help solidify political alliances?

Though I have a question, if this was purely for role playing reasons could characters arrange marriages between houses to help solidify political alliances?
If purely for role-playing reasons, yes :)

I'm glad now that I created a daughter when making the character :p

I won't be able to do any marriage stuff, since Christoforo will have gotten married to a strange woman from an island off the coast of Yemen. And Domenico lacks other children.

[size=+1]IMPORTANT[/size]

1. The rules concerning character death will be changed in such a way to allow Faction Leaders live until the end of the Senate Session if they "scheduled" death would take place in a chapter directly before that Session.
2. Since the moment of chosing new Idea Group is coming, you should remember that - as I said in one of the dev diaries - each Faction is going to gain new maluses and bonuses. Stay tuned.

Just looked at the thread since... I don't really know when. I'm not able to keep playing in the interactive part, simply due to time constraints. :sad:

Scelestus13 is resigning from the Senate.

I won't be able to do any marriage stuff, since Christoforo will have gotten married to a strange woman from an island off the coast of Yemen. And Domenico lacks other children.

Well for Decius at least there's always Moustakas and Ravenna for good Red families to marry sons off to.

[size=+1]IMPORTANT[/size]

1. The rules concerning character death will be changed in such a way to allow Faction Leaders live until the end of the Senate Session if they "scheduled" death would take place in a chapter directly before that Session.

But they probably shouldn't run for re-election.

Nepotism isn't so bad :p

Well technically since you can only play one character at a time, so in theory we could just wheel the corpse of Hadrianos Raoul into the Blue's meeting place.
(not that i'm recommending it, but it would be sort of hilarious if by the 18 or 19 hundreds the faction meeting places were filled with the corpses of the old faction leaders (or maybe statues if you wanted to a bit more you know hygienic)

Last edited:
Well technically since you can only play one character at a time, so in theory we could just wheel the corpse of Hadrianos Raoul into the Blue's meeting place.
(not that i'm recommending it, but it would be sort of hilarious if by the 18 or 19 hundreds the faction meeting places were filled with the corpses of the old faction leaders (or maybe statues if you wanted to a bit more you know hygienic)

Use their skulls as puppets.

Decorating the place with statues, busts or pictures of the past faction leaders actually isn't a bad idea. Makes is atmospheric.