• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think it's very hard to predict. At the moment, it looks like the status quo will prevail through the EU IV period with only small border changes here and there. Which isn't that bad from an AAR standpoint since it makes for a very exciting read. That said, this is still EU IV, were one war sometimes is enough to change the playing field considrably.

I think there are two likely outcomes:

1. The Hordes fade into (relative) insignificance as technological progress renders them obsolete. The Imperium is able to focus more on the Xenoi and (mostly) push them out of Europe. To what extent we can do this really depends on the dampers Czoklet will put on the Imperium; once we win a few crushing wars against the Xenoi it would be easy to roll over the rest (in Europe). But I'm not sure we'll be permitted to do that...

2. Timurids form the Mughals and/or the Golden Horde centralizes and/or the coming civil war/religious conflict cripple the Imperium from within.

I don't think the Imperium will cease to exist or ever become anything less that a decent-sized player in global politics. The sheer size of the Imperium and its relative cultural uniformity in the core lands will actually make it difficult to destroy the nation. I'm also not confident that the AI will want to completely dismember the Imperium, but it's been more aggressive than a normal game so idk.

I do feel like the Timurids are the elephant in the room. If they form the Mughals, they get Ottoman tech and a lot of other bonuses. And India is rich and relatively easy to conquer.

I think there are two likely outcomes:

1. The Hordes fade into (relative) insignificance as technological progress renders them obsolete. The Imperium is able to focus more on the Xenoi and (mostly) push them out of Europe. To what extent we can do this really depends on the dampers Czoklet will put on the Imperium; once we win a few crushing wars against the Xenoi it would be easy to roll over the rest (in Europe). But I'm not sure we'll be permitted to do that...

2. Timurids form the Mughals and/or the Golden Horde centralizes and/or the coming civil war/religious conflict cripple the Imperium from within.

I don't think the Imperium will cease to exist or ever become anything less that a decent-sized player in global politics. The sheer size of the Imperium and its relative cultural uniformity in the core lands will actually make it difficult to destroy the nation. I'm also not confident that the AI will want to completely dismember the Imperium, but it's been more aggressive than a normal game so idk.

I do feel like the Timurids are the elephant in the room. If they form the Mughals, they get Ottoman tech and a lot of other bonuses. And India is rich and relatively easy to conquer.

What is the wealth of Persia in EU4. Looking at the State of the World update months ago, the Imperium has a much higher force limit and manpower than the Timmys and the Horde before the Plague hit. When we reach 1568 and the bankruptcy modifier expires, we should have the strength to start partitioning the Timurids. If we take land as fast as the Timurids gain it, they will cease to be a threat.

Also, the AI is being played on a higher difficulty, which makes them more aggressive to the Player, even the normal difficulty AI will mostly leave the player be but the Hard AI will attempt to partition you like the Allies partitioned Germany in 1945.

I think it all depends on CzokletMuss and the handicaps he has put on himself. But we are all, in my opinion, having a fundamental mistake: we are basing our guesses in normal EUIV and we do not know for sure how many changes Czoklet has given to others players, besides not having a full perspective of the whole world.

Once said, in my opinion everything will depend on the tactic and objectives of Czoklet. If he decides to crumble the Timurids while holding the Xenoi, sooner or later we will get it and then we will be able to engage Xenoi in a 1 vs 1 basis on Europe. If he decides to go as we have done by now, fighting in 2-3 sides at the same time we will keep in fix positions as has happened during this first century of game.

One question @CzokletMuss will you keep playing as usual or the modifications you are doing to the mod (I am thinking in the new Xenoi colonial nations) will apply here?

One question @CzokletMuss will you keep playing as usual or the modifications you are doing to the mod (I am thinking in the new Xenoi colonial nations) will apply here?
Current version of the mod(s) I was using to play in 1.11.4 have not been changed for a long time. However, once I switch to 1.15 I'll be playing using ISF mod - I'll create a special bookmark and add/change several things in regard to normal ISF mod but the campaign will continue with the new rules in effect. This includes all the changes to vanilla made since "El Dorado" - development, forts, new Horde mechanics and - as we could see in today's dev diary - new naval mechanics (I have to wait until the next DLC is released because it will change the map and thus if I started before that the save would be broken).

So to answer shortly - yes.

BTW regarding dynatoi update: it's coming this week. I've had a lot on my plate after I got back to work due to sick leave, hence the small delay.

Reactions:
Plot Twist: the Ming emperors have enslaved Asia in hope to achieve "inward Perfection" and refuse to leave the eastern fringes of the world. and they constantly talk about some "grater good" nonsense

Plot Twist: the Ming emperors have enslaved Asia in hope to achieve "inward Perfection" and refuse to leave the eastern fringes of the world. and they constantly talk about some "grater good" nonsense
Even worse plot twist: they've defeated the Aztecs and conquered the entire Americas already, with the Aztecs exiled in Europe.

Even worse plot twist: they've defeated the Aztecs and conquered the entire Americas already, with the Aztecs exiled in Europe.

Even worse plot twist: the Sunset Invasion was a Chinese ploy to get the West and Rome into absolute monarchies with divine, or near-divine. kings. Our Emperor hides his face because he is a Chinese man under Zhongguo's control and the world already is in Chinese hands.

Even worse plot twist: the Sunset Invasion was a Chinese ploy to get the West and Rome into absolute monarchies with divine, or near-divine. kings. Our Emperor hides his face because he is a Chinese man under Zhongguo's control and the world already is in Chinese hands.
Or he is a Chinese man possessed by an alien megalomaniac who thinks he's a god and therefore a divine king. But we're going off-topic again.

Reactions:
China invading Far West? Conspiracy? Plot twists leading to reveal of hidden horrors? I see no OT here :p

Speaking of OT - yesterday in Poland we were celebrating Fat Thursday (a traditional festivity before lent), which basically means everyone is stuffing himself with these guys:

1Tn83f5.jpg

To make things worse, lots of employers buy copious amounts of pączki for the employees, so there is no escape from Fat Thursday. Truly it is a glorious day! :)

Reactions:
China invading Far West? Conspiracy? Plot twists leading to reveal of hidden horrors? I see no OT here :p

Speaking of OT - yesterday in Poland we were celebrating Fat Thursday (a traditional festivity before lent), which basically means everyone is stuffing himself with these guys:

1Tn83f5.jpg

To make things worse, lots of employers buy copious amounts of pączki for the employees, so there is no escape from Fat Thursday. Truly it is a glorious day! :)

Fun fact: They are called Pfannkuchen in Berlin in Berliner in the rest of germany and the discussion who is right allways ends in the agreement that they are delicious...

Man, the more I think about Angelodoulism, the darker it gets. If the Imperium converts, the foundation of the Imperium would be false, the ravings of a madwoman. We'd be no better than the Xenoi, and the people of the Imperium wouldn't even know. All would be lost, everything St. Markos worked for, everything the Imperium stands for, every drop of blood spilled in the past, present, and future...:eek:

It's delicious just to think about. Muahahahahahah! :):););)

1Tn83f5.jpg

Very Interesting. In the US state of Louisiana (old french colony as opposed to most of the US with has Protestant influences) has a celebration called Mardi Gras the day before Ash Wednesday that is very similar. I had a teacher in high school from New Orleans who brought enough king cake for the entire school that day every year.

Damn it, I stopped getting updates again. Fortunately I caught it before anything important happened.

Damn it, I stopped getting updates again. Fortunately I caught it before anything important happened.

The proper way to ensure that you keep getting updates is to be a regular participant in the off-topic banter. Join us Teutonic King, me Zenpheonix and lucius need another!

Reactions: