• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I spent most of my free time on the mod during the weekend - soon the dynatoi update will be released and then the Banquet will begin.

I spent most of my free time on the mod during the weekend - soon the dynatoi update will be released and then the Banquet will begin.

Oh goody! The mod is important, but I hate awkward, unexplianed silences and will disrupt them at every possible opportunity. In the past it would have been talks of heretic burning, but I have diversified into blasphemer burning and apostate burning as well!

I think everyone's just... waiting. It's the calm before the storm as it were.

I too eagerly anticipate the Dynatoi Data Dump (tm).

Here I thought were were all just going to say silent as we awaited Czoklet's return.

Since this thread is full of history buffs, i wanted to ask a question: Is there historical precedent for the whole Konemnos/Dalessenos feud, especially the part where the feud is tearing the country apart from the inside?

Since this thread is full of history buffs, i wanted to ask a question: Is there historical precedent for the whole Konemnos/Dalessenos feud, especially the part where the feud is tearing the country apart from the inside?
There are plenty actually - off the top of my head I would say civil war in Lithuania is a good example.

And it was a civil war, a huge conflict between magnates which culminated in a massive battle of Olkieniki (c. 15,000 of combatants). Note that these were all private armies of the nobles.

Depending on how weak the emperor is (or becomes if he's revealed), the situation could approach that of the late Sengoku era in Japan, with powerful lords duking it out while nominally under the rule of the Emperor.

Despite the Emprah not being quite as weak as his Japanese counterpart, I think the analogy is apt because of the tremendous religious and cultural importance of (both) the Emperor's office, which is far more than that of a typical monarch.

I like to think of us as more like China (granted, this is likely due to my background in Chinese Studies), but the allegory fits - the Emperor is God's Regent/the Son of Heaven, the enormous and bloated bureaucracy does what it wants anyway (although with less Imperial examinations), our successes/continued survival depends on hordes of conscripted peasants while the court aristocrats squabble and scheme. It fits!

Reactions:
Hey guys, fairly new to these forums and this AAR was what motivated me to finally make an account because of the sheer blinding awesomeness of the story and the senate meetings. and on another not because there seems t be a large amount of HERESY on this page I thought you guys might enjoy this

Reactions:
Hey guys, fairly new to these forums and this AAR was what motivated me to finally make an account because of the sheer blinding awesomeness of the story and the senate meetings. and on another not because there seems t be a large amount of HERESY on this page I thought you guys might enjoy this

It's appreciated in this corner of the room. Though try to keep the language down in future posts and videos.

It's appreciated in this corner of the room. Though try to keep the language down in future posts and videos.

And I would be wary on the amount of rabble rousing. Some of us here get a little nuts when...certain words are freely used. Other than that, welcome to the madness.

A warm - pun intended - welcome to you!

So... Anyone have any predictions for how this will all end
We all are burned at the stake for some slight one of our ancestors committed back in CKII, the Senate is dissolved and replaced with an Inquisition, the Komnenoi and Dalassenoi form an unholy triumvirate with the Angeloi against the Angelodouli, and the Xenoi and Timurids and Ming partition the Imperium, with the Xenoi sacrificing the survivors to their dark gods.:D

We all are burned at the stake for some slight one of our ancestors committed back in CKII, the Senate is dissolved and replaced with an Inquisition, the Komnenoi and Dalassenoi form an unholy triumvirate with the Angeloi against the Angelodouli, and the Xenoi and Timurids and Ming partition the Imperium, with the Xenoi sacrificing the survivors to their dark gods.:D

Do I even want to know how Zhongguo Ming will be able to claim our lands? Because every possible scenario I am thinking of is very, very scary (Horde annexed by Mings, Russia + China crushing the world with its peasant tides!)

Reactions:
Do I even want to know how Zhongguo Ming will be able to claim our lands? Because every possible scenario I am thinking of is very, very scary (Horde annexed by Mings, Russia + China crushing the world with its peasant tides!)

Plot twist: China aids the empire and helps push back the Xenoi