• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
{{Actually I don't find a rule that we have to keep our senators alive for the full time. They have to be 25-75, but thats all If I'm not mistaken.}}

{{ Well I've always assumed we had to ... }}

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - CLOSING[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that

[size=+2]THE SECOND MEETING OF THE RED DEMES HAS ENDED[/size]

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

{{Will we not have faction meetings before the next Senate Session, so that the Factions can discuss the new situation and try to elect someone to represent them?}}

No - unless you want to have one chapter released per month. Due to me having problems with saves and little free time this AAR was basically standing still during the past few weeks (and don't even get me started on "Pro Fide"). I want to finish it this year and after c. 3 months it's only 1480 AD in game, so I don't think spending a week or so (3 meetings x 3 days = 9 days) on debate before the Session actually starts is a good idea.

Plus seeing how many Senators took part in these Faction Meetings I see no reason to call another meetings frankly - there's no point in freezing everything for three days so that 2-3 people can make a post or two.

And I really would love to spend my time on writing rather than managing Faction Meetings and all these things - this actually takes some time, you know :)

So to sum it up, my plan is as follows:
1) release chapter no. 3
2) call Fourth Senate Session if needed - or just skip it
3) fix whatever "El Dorado" breaks and release dev diary dedicated to those fixes and other changes forced by "El Dorado"
4) release chapter no. 4
5) call Fourth/Fifth Senate Session - by that time it should be 1st or 2nd week of March

Plus seeing how many Senators took part in these Faction Meetings I see no reason to call another meetings frankly - there's no point in freezing everything for three days so that 2-3 people can make a post or two.

I can understand your decision, and would honestly like some kind of penalty for not being involved in the Faction Meeting.

YAY, new chapter soon!

{{I think I'm going to see a This is Madness all over again in the observer game I'm playing (or rather watching) just for fun now...
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2lnbe4x.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/10nf40y.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/6zmy4w.jpg
Just that this time, there's no Imperium to save these poor souls.}}

Yep, those guys are screwed. The clash between the Aztecs and the Mongols will be massive. Who will be the master massacrator. Europe will be so depopulated after that. RIP.

((Well, my new character is sent.

I am wishing to see the nextupdate and check what has been the Emperor´s decision on the new idea))

It seems that after weeks of waiting the new senators might finally be admitted into the Senate - yay!

Let's see what the new chapter brings...

The Angeloi protect!
Today I'm finally going to play "Imperium Sine Fine" and frankly I can't wait to do so! :D
((Well, my new character is sent.

I am wishing to see the nextupdate and check what has been the Emperor´s decision on the new idea))
Guys, please DO NOT send your submissions with new characters while your current Senator is still alive. It seems that there will be no vacant seats in the Senate soon and taking care of 30 characters takes some time, so please don't send your submissions prematurely since it kinda disorganizes things. Not to mention I may simply forget about your submission in the process :)

So plese send your new characters ONLY after your current character has died and it was announced by the President of the Senate.

Concerning Factions and rules on dying - yes, some changes have to be made. I'll take care of this as soon as I have some time; I want the next Senate Session to take place under revised rules.

And nope, you may not declare your characters dead:

[size=+1]SECTION 2: ORGANIZATION[/size]

Article 9 – Senators
1. The Senate is composed of Senators who are representatives of the Noble Houses.
2. Each Noble House may have only 1 representative in the Senate.
3. Only male members of the Noble House with experience in the service of the Imperium and at least 25 years old may are eligible to become its representative.

Article 10 – Term of office
1. Representatives of the Noble Houses are Senators until removed from office.
2. Senators are removed from office in case of:
- death;
- being charged with treason or heresy;
- flagrant violation of the rules.
3. The Emperor may indict and deliver imperial justice to every Senator at any time.
4. Removal from office is announced by the President of the Senate.
5. Date of death is calculated using the following formula: (date of birth) + 75 years.
6. In case of death of its representative in the Senate, noble House have to submit an application including new Senator via e-mail to which all rules concerning creating characters apply.
7. Death due to natural reasons occurs between Senate Session.
This is not something I introduced to make things easier for me - well, okay, it kinda is. But by having no control over your characters' lifespan you have to make decisions and live with consequences, just like in CK2. Which IMHO is a good way of doing things - after all, you are role-playing your characters. We can of course organize things in such a way that there are no Senators per se and that just every House may cast a vote during Senate Session. This would be much simpler and easier but it would also eliminate a huge part of interaction from this AAR.

Last edited:
While we are all eagerly wating for the next chapter, I just wanted to share this find in my current game:

eu4_11wybzx.png

Somehow Trebizond survived 300 years of history - guess which dynasty is in power ;)

After finding out about this, I immediately allied them to feed their country gained half a dozen additional provinces in a righteous war against the Ottomans by the grace of Iesos Kristos himself.

This definitely strengthens my faith regarding the inevitable victory against the westerners :)

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #6[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their new delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Christoforo Columbo
2) that the privilege of representation in the Imperial Senate has been granted to the following noble Houses:
  • House de Mallorca (played by: tunapirate)
  • House Pylaeus (played by: ThetrueColt)
  • House de Bretagne (played by: fastrike)
  • House Psarakis (played by: ThrashEater)
3) that the aforementioned noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their first delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Alexandre de Mallorca (played by: tunapirate)
  • senator Junius Pylaeus (played by: ThetrueColt)
  • senator Alexandros de Bretagne (played by: fastrike)
  • senator Nicodemos Psarakis (played by: ThrashEater)
4) that the upon joining the Imperial Senate the noble Senators have joined the following Factions:
  • senator Junius Pylaeus REMAINS UNAFILLIATED
  • senator Alexandros de Bretagne JOINS the Red Demes
  • senator Alexandros de Bretagne JOINS the Blue Demes
5) that therefore there are currently two vacant seats in the Imperial Senate.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos

[size=+1]***[/size]
Here is the complete list (Color-Coded for Your Convenience) of all modifiers each Demes provides while dominant in the Senate as per the results of Faction Meetings:

The White Demes
Code:
[color=green][b][u][size=+1]+1 advisor pool[/u][/b][/size]
-0.05 local autonomy
+1% missionary strength
[/color]
[color=red][b][u][size=+1]+0.025 monthly war exhaustion[/u][/b][/size]
-0.5 yearly army tradition
+5% idea cost
[/color]
[color=yellow]+20% advisor cost[/color]

The Blue Demes
Code:
[color=green][b][u][size=+1]+1 merchant[/u][/b][/size]
-5% idea cost
+1 diplomatic relation
[/color]
[color=red][b][u][size=+1]-1.0 yearly army tradition[/u][/b][/size]
-5% land morale
-2% missionary strength
[/color]
[color=yellow]+20% global ship cost[/color]

The Red Demes
Code:
[color=green][b][u][size=+1]+1 leader without upkeep[/u][/b][/size]
+0.5 yearly army tradition
+5% land morale
[/color]
[color=red][b][u][size=+1]-1.0 yearly navy tradition[/u][/b][/size]
+0.05 local autonomy
-1 diplomatic relations
[/color]
[color=yellow]+20% regiment cost[/color]
As you can see, apart from adding bonuses chosen by each Demes during Faction Meeting I also added maluses to make sure everything is balanced. Additionally the cost malus was increased from +10% to +20% in every case.

Currently the dominant Faction is the White Demes (status quo maintained due to paralysis of the Imperial Senate during the last Session).

[size=+1]***[/size]
And here's a small teaser for the next chapter:

N3DhM3u.jpg

I played today for a few hours and the material for the next chapter has been gathered - and man, today's session was glorious... in a certain way at least.

What's important is that I may start editing the screenshots and preparing stuff for writing tomorrow, so if everything goes well in c. 7 days the new chapter should be released! :)
While we are all eagerly wating for the next chapter, I just wanted to share this find in my current game:
(...)
After finding out about this, I immediately allied them to feed their country gained half a dozen additional provinces in a righteous war against the Ottomans by the grace of Iesos Kristos himself.

This definitely strengthens my faith regarding the inevitable victory against the westerners :)
Glory of Saint Markos clearly knows no bounds. Praise Kristos Pantokrator! Praise the Angeloi!

Last edited:
[size=+1]***[/size]
And here's a small teaser for the next chapter:

N3DhM3u.jpg

I played today for a few hours and the material for the next chapter has been gathered - and man, today's session was glorious... in a certain way at least.

What's important is that I may start editing the screenshots and preparing stuff for writing tomorrow, so if everything goes well in c. 7 days the new chapter should be released! :)

Glory of Saint Markos clearly knows no bounds. Praise Kristos Pantokrator! Praise the Angeloi!

The pisan is treacherous and full of cunning... they waited until Nicholaus was too old to hold a sword, else they would surely be driven into dust by now.
The Empire will prevail. It must prevail.

I see some glorious Pisan regiments leading the charge!
2959668222_0899238d0b.jpg

This is why we invented Greek Fire.
greekfire.jpg

Last edited:
Quickly we must assemble the league of old angry cripples and send them to battle the Pisans at once!

[size=+2]DIARIUM SENATORUM IMPERIALIS #7[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

[size=+1]ALBUM SENATORIUM[/size]
Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

1) that the privilege of representation in the Imperial Senate has been granted to the following noble Houses:
  • House Vojimir (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  • House Rashid (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
2) that the aforementioned noble Houses have chosen the following honourable aristoi as their first delegates in the Imperial Senate:
  • senator Ioannes Vojimir (played by: TheSlavicWiseMan)
  • senator Mahdi ibn Tarik Rashid (played by: BanishTheSpleen)
3) that the upon joining the Imperial Senate the noble Senators have joined the following Factions:
  • senator Ioannes Vojimir JOINS the Blue Demes
  • senator Mahdi ibn Tarik Rashid REMAINS UNAFILLIATED
4) that therefore there are currently no vacant seats in the Imperial Senate.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos

[size=+1]***[/size]
I was editing the screenshots while preparing everything to get started on writing, so here are some extra teasers for you:

vIiTCjd.jpg

KRhjH8h.jpg