• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
[size=+1]Senator Eumenes Ouranos:[/size]

Hear hear! If only all Senate sessions were like this my fellow senators, then I do believe the Imperium would be even greater than it is. Although mercenaries and debt-reduction are both quite needed in these tumultuous times, I find myself to agree that loyal and intelligent advisors are needed (+1 Advisor Pool). The saying does go: Two heads are better than one, and one more cannot hurt.

Senator Marcus Serapis

It seems we are in agreement that we should prioritise a better government of the state by promoting competent advisors. With a majority behind that decision surely no one would argue otherwise.

Now for the second and more difficult issue before us. Who should succeed the esteemed Patriarch Rhadenos as leader of the Demes? I believe it should be a man of faith, committed to upholding the values the White Demes stands for with dignity and eloquence. Therefore Senator Di Capponi, eloquent though he may be, is hardly the right choice.

Further, I believe the ideal leader would be a member of one of the founding houses of the Senate. The connections and political insight of a veteran would be valuable in that position. That said, neither I nor di Capponi would make the ideal choice. I also have my reservations about the course we as a Demes have taken until now, but I shall not repeat my arguments from the Senate session. I would only nominate myself if no one else would stand against the Pisan.

Alright, seeing that you haven't even started talking about issues other than Faction bonus I'm hereby extending Faction Meeting of the White Demes by additional 24h.

I would like to play "Imperium Sine Fine" this weekend so that I could release it c. week after that, so I strongly suggest Red Demes Leader to ask for a meeting tomorrow or day after that or new bonus of Red Demes won't apply in c. 1480-1500 period (that is, when I'm playing this weekend).

{{Sooo, the Blues decide by majority vote, the whites so far unanimous, I wonder what will go on with the Reds.}}

{{ the -1 interest would be tremendously powerful when one look at the state of the Imperial Economy. I guess it could repay one loan on its own from the savings of the other :p }}

[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - CLOSING[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby announces that

[size=+2]THE FIRST MEETING OF THE WHITE DEMES HAS ENDED[/size]

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

Well, I guess that the whites will have no leader in the next Senate session?

Yup, just like the Blues (you were voting for a non-Senator, so the votes were invalid).

I would like to require a RED demes meeting for Thursday 5th of February if possible.

((I know I am not the red demes leader, but I think we need this meeting and by what I understood we are in a hurry if we want it))

Yup, just like the Blues (you were voting for a non-Senator, so the votes were invalid).
Oh, didn't know that :eek:
Guess that chaos will erupt next session- actualy I think that if the faction meetings would have been held (in the Imperium Sine Fine world, not RL) later, enough for some old Senators to die, it may have been better- I know at least that my Senator's successor would have run for faction leadership .

I would like to require a RED demes meeting for Thursday 5th of February if possible.

((I know I am not the red demes leader, but I think we need this meeting and by what I understood we are in a hurry if we want it))
More or less :) It's kinda my fault because I have basically no free time during week, so I guess this one time we can turn a blind eye to the rules of calling a Faction Meeting.
Guess that chaos will erupt next session- actualy I think that if the faction meetings would have been held (in the Imperium Sine Fine world, not RL) later, enough for some old Senators to die, it may have been better- I know at least that my Senator's successor would have run for faction leadership .
Yeah but neither you nor I know what is going to happen after 1480, so it isn't really possible to call a meeting, say, in 1490.

Last edited:
[size=+2]FACTION MEETING - ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

bXfsLO5.jpg

Illustrious protospatharios Michael Komnenos, President of the Imperial Senate and vestarches of the Sacred Palace, hereby annouces:

[size=+2]THE SECOND RED DEMES MEETING[/size]
which will take place in the Hall of Augusteus in Daphne (Sacred Palace) in Queen of Cities on 2nd January 1480.

[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]SCHEDULE (WARSAW TIME)[/size]
Opening of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 4 January (Wednesday)
Closing of the Faction Meeting11:00 PM 6 January (Friday)
[size=+1]***[/size]
[size=+1]EXCERPT FROM THE RULES[/size]
Article 11-4 – Faction Meeting
1. Faction Meeting is a meeting of members of a Senate Faction hold in the Sacred Palace during which noble Senators gather to discuss (in-character) state of affairs of the Imperium Romanum.
2. Faction Meeting is called, opened and closed by the President of the Senate at the request of a Faction Leader. The request has to be approved by the President of the Senate.
3. Faction Leader notifies members of the Faction he leads about the Faction Meeting after his request is approved.
4. Faction Leader ensures order and decorum during Faction Meeting and is responsible for every violation of the Rules of Procedure which occurs during the Faction Meeting.
5. Faction Meeting lasts for 48 hours and may only be called after at least 24 hours has passed since the previous Faction Meeting. Each Faction can request one Faction Meeting to be hold between every two chapters.
6. Faction Meeting takes place in:
- Atrium of Church of the Virgin of the Pharos (White Demes)
- Hall of Augusteus in Palace of Daphne (Red Demes)
- Neptune's Balcony in Boukelon Palace (Blue Demes)
7. During Faction Meeting members of the Imperial Senate Guard ensure safety of the noble Senators.
8. During Faction Meeting noble Senators may read or write letters to NPCs (non-playable characters) from their House.

May the blessing of Saint Markos be upon all of us.

Signed,
Michael Komnenos
President of the Imperial Senate
[size=+1]***[/size]​

Will there be faction leader elections in the next Senate session? It will be very helpful to my rp.

Will there be faction leader elections in the next Senate session? It will be very helpful to my rp.
Yes. I don't know how long the next chapter will take but I guess the Fourth Session will take place somewhere between 1490 and 1500.

Maybe the next time we should announce out of character who intends to run for faction leader ahead of time so that we have more time to think about who to vote for. If the White Demes knew in good time their choice was only between Enlil and I maybe someone more qualified would run too.

Who by Saint Marcos would be more qualified!

{{You should have listened to the cranky old viking, the cranky old viking knows best.}}

{{You should have listened to the cranky old viking, the cranky old viking knows best.}}
Lol, welcome to the "I TOLD YOU ALL!" club ;)