• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nhirijan Sajien

Recruit
May 31, 2021
Im close to 50 now and Ive played MC (MechCommander) to MW(Mechwarrior) most of the releases. This game screams MC3, but it wasnt made by the same people it looks like. So since this the case, I am assuming this is why there is 1 Lance.

I get Paradox, if this was your intent. Why you made the 1 Lance MC version, stay out of trouble with MS. To me its just IRONMADE MODE for MC3 the entire game. This does make it a challenge. However, I cant see Clan Jade Falcon, attacking Big Targets with 1 Lance, not that Jade wouldnt do it. But this would be simply bragging rights if they did. Or the particular Lance is "Lone Wolfs".

All I am saying is this is great game, for a 1 lance s/u till you get to the Real Meat and Potatoes of the game, Your Lance vs Many Lances. Now Im cool with Iron Man Modes. But I do like multi lances.

So my wish is that if you do release a BT2 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add an option for multi lances.

I did truly fail to see the point of adding mech bays if you can only ever use 1 Lance, and I am getting charged to have the additional Mechs on STANDBY.......... Whoever came up with this genius Idea needs to play MC more 1 or 2. Then throw in some MW, any of the titles, time. 1 Lance lol, a mech commander with one lance, thats a lame commander. OR OR he keeps losing Lances..... nuff said. I look forward to Battletech 2. PLEASE ADD LANCES

Upvote 0
Actually, check the credits. Jordan Weisman created the original Battletech. Mitch Gitelman worked on MechCommander and MC2. Paradox is the publisher, but Hairbrained Schemes is the actual developer and they have a lot of experience with Battletech games.

The devs have talked about why they stuck with a single lance a few times. A big reason they did it was for game balance and mission length. The more units you have, the longer each turn takes and the longer missions run. They also would have to include more enemies to keep the game challenging.

There are a few mods out there that include the option to use more than one lance. I haven't used any of them, but I hear that they work well.

Reactions: