• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This looks so interesting.. despite never having played Syndicate, i have played "Evil Genius", and i'm a big fan of it too, the same with "Dungeon keeper", i really hope they make this into a really great game! :3

From a Game Spy interview with Freddrik Wester himself

Fred Wester: That was terrible. We did not do our homework. It was a one-man team with some backup… we learned a lot from that release. We've had many bad releases before that, as well, and we learned something every time. In 2012, we also closed four game projects. This happened after Gettysburg. We looked at them and said, "These games are not up to the standards we're currently looking for at Paradox, so we're going to close these projects." We're not going to have any more games that are unplayable at release.

source

Could be bad.

But it's good. PDX should try to maintain high standards. I'd rather never feel cheated when I buy a game with the PDX logo stamped on it. If they can't make Cartel as a quality game, better put that money to work somewhere else, than release it no matter what and upset the public anyway.

Last edited:
I think most of the ones that were cancelled hadn't been announced.

I think most of the ones that were cancelled hadn't been announced.

Well, I was under the impression game hasn't really been officially been announced, much in the same way East vs West wasn't officially for some time after the forums and stuff got put up.

But it's good. PDX should try to maintain high standards. I'd rather never feel cheated when I buy a game with the PDX logo stamped on it. If they can't make Cartel as a quality game, better put that money to work somewhere else, than release it no matter what and upset the public anyway.

Oh i can agree with that. I just meant bad in the sense of prospects for this game getting released.