• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you have any plans on expanding on the SMEP surrender events for the various main nations?

I was going to do it myself but work has owned all my free time.

Do you have any plans on expanding on the SMEP surrender events for the various main nations?.

I used some modified SMEP events for England surrender and also to eliminate most of the Red Army after bitter peace fires. What else do you suggest? Keep in mind that we don't really need Germany surrender events since if Germany surrenders then the Player has lost the game, and I doubt if anyone could conquer the USA so we probably do not need new USA surrender events, either.

I was going to do it myself but work has owned all my free time.
Well, at least that is one advantage of me being unemployed. I have plenty of time for AoD....

I used some modified SMEP events for England surrender and also to eliminate most of the Red Army after bitter peace fires. What else do you suggest? Keep in mind that we don't really need Germany surrender events since if Germany surrenders then the Player has lost the game, and I doubt if anyone could conquer the USA so we probably do not need new USA surrender events, either.

Well, at least that is one advantage of me being unemployed. I have plenty of time for AoD....

if u took the european continent...isnt conquering the USA inevitable? i mean, hit them with ICBM nukes all over...

My original idea was to continue the SMEP balkanization effects on conquered majors.
So IE:

UK splits into several minors which all have event paths that lead them into conflict with there neighbors (would have to give them some free offmap IC and resources and some meaningful build orders to make this worth anything, since alot of UK territories are IC poor.

So England proper splits into Scotland/England with rival Ideologies and government types

India and Pakistan

Australia splits

Middle east becomes a mirror version of itself today

Some territories given to US in South America

etc etc

Same with Soviet union, general balkanization and civil war.

Eventually the goal is to draw the new (now)superpower Germany into the new conflicts and end up per longing the game into the 50's (I found most German games atm will end up with the player quitting in the late 40's).

In my mind the surrender events should be used to create a new post-war situation where a victorious german player is challenged. (victory in this case being defined as UK defeat and Soviet Union Defeat, I think the US would prob back down from a general war with Germany given those 2 events, that of course is imo).

....Eventually the goal is to draw the new (now)superpower Germany into the new conflicts and end up per longing the game into the 50's (I found most German games atm will end up with the player quitting in the late 40's).

In my mind the surrender events should be used to create a new post-war situation where a victorious german player is challenged. (victory in this case being defined as UK defeat and Soviet Union Defeat, I think the US would prob back down from a general war with Germany given those 2 events, that of course is imo).

I could certainly add those kinds of events to the Mod. Right now, the Scenario ends in December 1946, and what you are suggesting is a way to make it longer. Personally, I am more interested in the WW2 time period (say 1936 - 1946) rather than hypothetical outcomes if the Axis had won the war, so if you want to make alternative history events to carry the Mod into the 50's, you would need to do most of the work yourself. One big concern I have relates to controlling AI behavior, since the DAIM and TRP AI files end when WW2 ended. We would have to write new AI switch files from scratch based on the new world order and also update them to include technology research paths through the 1950's. It would be a tremendous amount of work....

Regarding a couple of the points you mentioned, some events already address those areas but of course they can be changed or updated:
* India: The current ENG surrender event gives India to Japan. Japan then puppets IND.
* Israel: Germany creates an independent Israel if Germany controls the Palestine area or if the ENG surrender event fires. ISR then joins the Axis as Germany's ally. How's that for ahistorical irony?
* South America: An event creates Greater Colombia (merger among Venezuela and Ecuador and Colombia) if Germany gets too powerful.

im wondering...what is stopping me from enmassing a huge strategic bomber armada, hundreds of nukes and ICBMs, a massive KM, and a 1952 invasion?

Short answer: the Scenario ends in December 1946.

Longer answer: You can keep playing for as long as you want, but I did not update the events or the AI files past 1946 so you will end up with the basic vanilla stuff if you keep playing. Plus, the USA has +270 free offmap IC, +20% manpower growth, and it will construct and use nuclear weapons, so good luck....

I just recently started playing your mod but them some ahistorical stuff happened:

trm3.png

Will this affect AI-files? Or simply will it ruin my game?

Anyway most likely few bugs here:

trm1.png

Chinese corporation is evacued into Germany instead of Von Falkenhause.

trm2.png

Your Model sucks.

I just recently started playing your mod but them some ahistorical stuff happened:.

Hi Calad.

I did not change any England election events. I believe that in the standard vanilla event tree, Churchill has a very high chance of winning the election (90%+) but it is not guaranteed. The only impact to the AI is that England will get bonuses related to the other leader rather than getting the bonuses from Churchill.

I will fix the von Falkenhausen bug in the next release. By the way, the next release will incorporate the Technical Teams Mod v1.4 beta by Cardus, Pioniere, kunadam, and Maj. von Mauser

Your Model sucks.
Yes, he does. Schoerner does too. On the other hand, I improved some other German leaders like Hoth and Rommel, so things balance out.

Yes, he does. Schoerner does too. On the other hand, I improved some other German leaders like Hoth and Rommel, so things balance out.

I simply dont understandt your logic how game can be more balanced of two military leader are made complitely useless, Germany has many leaders so cant you let them be lv3 or lv4 even? But yeah, Rommel surely kick-ass now :D

Schoerner was universally hated by his troops, at least according to an autobiography by one of his men. Apparently Schoerner visited this guy's unit in the Courland Pocket towards the end of the war and got very angry at some soldiers who did not have polished boots.

Check out Student in the Third Reich AoD Mod. He is a commando and is much improved over vanilla. This makes up for the loss of Schoerner. I think I improved Dietl, too, but I cannot remember for sure.

Regarding Model, I just don't like the guy. He did not stand up to Hitler (but on the other hand, anyone who tried got sacked) and he followed Hitler's not-one-step-back orders. He allowed his units to be surrounded in so-called fortress cities rather than telling them to retreat and avoid the encirclement.

I gave Hoth and Hoepner the offensive trait, so this makes up for nerfing Model.

Also, regarding naval leaders, I added the superior tactician trait to Donitz.

r u kidding? model was among the best defensive commanders there were. any time there was a major russian offensive he was sent to the respective army group!!!

he was able to hold off much larger forces than we shoulda been...altho with very high losses.

anyways, it really really detracts from flavour!

Oh why you must hate few individuals so much? During war people arent nice, they must be assholes to make results. Model&Schoerner should be better generals because they historically were important persons. Well that doesnt make them really better but it gives us a road to go.

you are right about model..he was called hitler's fireman...he patched army group center back together after its disaster... shoener was a true nazi but capable officer...maybe a 3?

nat. spain seems too easy to jon axis...prior to but after scw. when big war starts it falls to very small chance

That must be left over from vanilla. If I remember right, the only thing I changed regarding the Spain AI was its military build preference; specifically, I coded the SPA/SPR AI's to build no militia units.

If you have a suggestion on what to change, let me know. In the TRP Mod in HOI2DDArma, Germany had to give a whole bunch of resources to Spain before Franco would join the Axis.