• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(129221)

Second Lieutenant
Dec 21, 2008
Third French Empire

The First French Empire was defeated by the so-called "Sixth Coalition", led mainly by the Great Britain. The Second French Empire was also defeated...by the Prussians.

But in 1936, France is allied with the Great Britain, and the Kingdom of Prussia no longer exists. In the 6th of January, 1936, the government of France mysteriously changed it's views, even though many of the same ministers remained. Although keeping the same relations to Britain and Germany, the new France has very sinister interests in the European continent....
Image6.png
Image9.png

(Above is a map of the First French Empire)​

The sudden change of the French cabinet didn't affect the relations with other countries, and so France didn't leave the Allies. If Britain would loose France, it would be guaranteed that the whole Europe would fall under the influence of the Axis nations. Fortunately the new government doesn't support the Axis.

TERRITORIAL INTERESTS OF THE "THIRD FRENCH EMPIRE":

Image4.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Now as I've finished the prologue, I can get to the actual thing. This is my third AAR on these forums, and I am hoping to somehow finish this, because my two other AARs are pretty much done, I can't find anything interesting to update on.

I am playing in HoI II Armageddon, with some graphics mods and some custom events. I took some events from the SMEP mod but not the AI for example. I am going to play on Normal/Normal but I will use full IC takeover and techteam takeover, because taking over the countries will be much more rewarding then.

My main plan is to conquer the areas that were in Napoleon's French Empire, that means I will "intervene" in the Spanish Civil War and stuff like that. I'm going to take the Benelux countries and Spain before Poland joins into the Allies, then as the WWII starts, I can hopefully advance into Germany from Netherlands and such areas. In case I can conquer Germany, I dunno if I'll just totally annex it or make some small puppet state that is like 50% the size. Soviet Union is so far away that I seriously can't tell what I'm going to do with it, and Italy will be fully annexed.

Here's how it all begins.....on April 1936

Image11.png
Image10.png

Last edited:
Looks great! Is that your cores up to the Rhine?

Does this mean your oter AARs are dead? :(

ps take everything west of the Rhine in Germany and create Bavaria, Prussia and some state to rule northern Germany ;)

Looks great! Is that your cores up to the Rhine?

Does this mean your oter AARs are dead? :(

ps take everything west of the Rhine in Germany and create Bavaria, Prussia and some state to rule northern Germany ;)

They aren't officially dead but I am not really updating them anymore, I think I'll make some good update to the Imperial China AAR in the coming weeks, but the Scandinavia AAR is quite dead...it ended up in a stalemate.

And I don't have cores anywhere yet, but I think I'm gonna make some event similar to the annexation of Austria, when I could peacefully annex Belgium. Luxemburg is also heavily French city so I think I could just add some core on it too.

The next update will be about the Spanish civil war, which ended in just 3 months :D

Update:

Great Britain didn't want to intervene in the Spanish Civil War, but France is going to do so, and force the British to join! The divided nation, which is highly unstable, will soon be overrun.

Image21.png

15 infantry divisions and 2 armored divisions invade the Northern Spain, and within a week, take over Barcelona.

Image17.png

Before reaching Tarragona, the Nationalist troops took advantage of the surprising situation and occupied the province before the French could arrive. But a nasty surprise was made, France declared war upon the Nationalist Spain too!

Image14.png

Saragossa was the first province to be taken from the Nationalists, and unluckily to them, the German volunteer divisions got surrounded in Huesca, and then rounded up and shot.

Image16.png

The Nationalist front completely dissolved and the Republican militia forces managed to gain back many provinces. The British also advanced from Gibraltar, as divisions from New Zealand arrived.

Image11-1.png

Image9-1.png

After all the Nationalist Spain's areas with victory points were under French control, their government was destroyed and the areas were annexed to the new French Empire. Now it was just a speedrun between the French and British forces, to take over as many territories as possible.

Image8.png

The war ended soon after Madrid was captured, because the Spanish army lost all of it's organization and supply. French tanks soon rolled down to the Southern Spain.

Image10-1.png

lol good update man :)

nice AAR,
but you should leave the alliance with the brits,
you can't be on the same team with Napoleon's enemies

nice AAR,
but you should leave the alliance with the brits,
you can't be on the same team with Napoleon's enemies

Thanks for the comment, and, I believe I will have to go out of the alliance sometime, but right now I am very dependent on trade and blueprints so that'll be later.

Interesting idea.

Shift over, Hitler! There's a new revisionist great power in Europe! I'll be watching this. ;)

Update:

I'm gonna show my current armies now, before any new conquests. I've also got about 50 belligerence at the moment :O How can I lower it lol...

Northern armies:
Image27.png

The "Iberian armies":
Image33.png

Portugal may be taken when the time is right, but Belgium is the next. Just as Germany annexes Austria, I'm gonna do a similar trick to Belgium :)

Productions are going pretty well too, but I've still got not enough IC and garrison divisions to hold the partisans away. Spain is full of garrison divisions with MP brigades, but I dunno what I'll do in the future.

Belgium will fall! If the AI is competent at all, Britain would DOW your ass for taking Belgium though. :p

Belgium will fall! If the AI is competent at all, Britain would DOW your ass for taking Belgium though. :p
Never happen.

Update:

This thread still hasn't got enough attention IMO, so I'm gonna post quite alot updates now, to keep this thread alive. I scripted some new events for the game and now there's starting to be a nice plot ahead.

After the conflict of Luxembourg and the Spanish conquest, France turned it's eyes on the north. Knowing Germany's plans to annex Austria in the near future, France made similar pressure on Belgium. The bilingual country, with both German and French nationalities, could've been taken by either sides pretty fast. France pushed for their own "Anschluss", and after Belgium fell into a political crisis, they decided to join France as an autonomic zone.

1.png

2.png

The German government was shocked by the sudden move by France, but they couldn't do anything, as their army was not developed enough yet. The French intelligence told that Germany had approx. 80 divisions, including garrisons. This mean't that France, with it's new factories and technology from Belgium, could easily exceed the German number of land divisions in a few years.

3.png

The Belgian colony of Congo was also annexed to France, strenghtening the French influence in Africa. Relations with Great Britain had worsened already by the war in Spain, but this annexation of Belgium shocked them even more than the Germans. Even though all of that, Britain couldn't stand alone in a war against Germany.

4.png

French soldiers held a march in Brussels and immediatly some Belgian citizens were recruited to the French army. Belgian factories are used to build more military equipment, and some of their techteams are used on French research.

5.png

The remnants of the Spanish forces ambushed a French garrison in Saragossa just by the time of the parade in Brussels, but they didn't last long. Under French occupation, Spain became a very lawless area to live, as the struggle between the supporters of the Republicans and the Nationalists still continued among the people.

French economy had a major boost too, with people being finally very happy about their way of living. Here's the current French research:

6.png

7.png

In the spring of 1938, bad news arrived to Paris. Germany had just annexed Austria and gained significant amount of more troops and industry. Fortunately, a bunch of new factories were soon to be finished into France, making it possible to upgrade the aging equipment the French troops still used.

8.png

9.png

1938 became a great year for the French industry, and the army grew very large. But Germany turned it's eyes to the Czechs and Poland, and that mean't a war wasn't far away. A surprise attack was made by the French forces, against the Netherlands. Even though raising the belligence of the nations, it seemed to be in such an important place strategically, that the Netherlands had to be occupied. With small equipment but huge morale, the Dutch troops began to fight back...

10.png

Can do. I somehow missed the most recent update, else I'd have commented sooner. Are you in any position to take the Dutch East Indies like you did the Congo, or are you letting them stay a while? I wonder what happens if they're not conquered by the time Japan probably inevitably DOWs the Allies, and the Netherlands...

And don't worry about attention too much. Just keep writing, and people will read even if they don't comment. I've had updates go by with only single posts and even some without any at all.