Things that Bugged you in the original Majesty.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Recent debate about the benefits and pitfalls of enchanced hero AI have prompted me to bring this thread to light for the sake of furthering discussions.

Things that bugged me about Majesty

1) Sewer grates and other buildings that just pop up
2) Impossible to defend the town: Even with great perimeter defenses, you wre constantly under threat from trolls, rats,and anything else the game wanted to throw at you, even when you completely conquered a map, there was no 'safe' area that you did not have to constantly watch.
3) The amount of micromanagement with tax collectors and peasents.
4) Stupid AI on (supposedly) smart characters
5) The UI : so very bulky... so many useless windows...so little help
6) Not enough in game explanation of how things work: the help function really was not all that helpful, without the manuals, you have no idea what hero or soveriegn spells do. I still have not figured out what Change of heart does. And it certainly does not give you any clues in game of what temple is required(or not) to get the higher lvl temples.

I could go on, but those are the things that really really bug me.

Last edited:
The only one I agree on is 6) I used to think that dwarves and elves were exclusive for some missions, but they just didn't like the gnomehuts I always started with, right?!.. :) but I'm not sure, maybe there were some info somewhere that I didn't notice, it was so easy to get into that I didn't bother looking up all things.

(1) I love those! They're just about the only spontaneous, management-lite aspect of the economy! ...it would be nice to have a little more influence over the placement, though.
(2) Agreed.
(3) Agreed.
(4) Oh, yeah. Bigtime.
(5) I thought the UI was alright, overall, but there were too many clicks involved in getting through to rewards and the building queue. That's another topic.
(6) I never found this a problem myself- I always read the manual, and you can observe the effects directly- but on it's merits it seems a valid complaint.

BTW: Temple availability is determined by palace level and presence of rival faiths. A 2nd level palace allows dauros, krypta, krolm, fervus and agrela. A 3rd level palace allows lunord and helia. Dauros/Agrela are opposed to Krypta/Fervus, Lunord is opposed to Helia, and Krolm is opposed to overyone. ...Change of heart causes fleeing heroes to berserk, and non-fleeing heroes to flee.

Last edited:
Heroic Avatar said:
6) And it certainly does not give you any clues in game of what temple is required(or not) to get the higher lvl temples.

In the building menu click the little icon that makes all buildings appear (those you cannot build in red). Just hover over ANY building and the little info panel in the bottom, just above the Magic Bar will display what the requirements are.
Personally I dind't find much wrong with the UI, it was easy to use for me...

I guess I'm just use to other systems such as the Sim City or Age of Empires, age of Wonders.

Some things should definately be on the main UI, and some should not

Examples:

Should be on main UI:
- Ability to place hall of champions bounty (otherwise its a pain in the butt.. by the time you select the bounty the wave of monsters if over usually)

Should not be on main UI:
- toggles for nameplates and health bars. something actually useful could have been put there like...errr...let me think...a button to auto access bounties? :D

And what I mean by no help is, the help command on the UI really does not give you all that much info.

And yes I have and do read the manual, but you have to have it in front of you at all times for referance (my memory is horrible), and if I did not have the actual manual (say I lost it) I would have to use a PDF, and they are just so much fun to use....:
"Hmmm what does change of Heart do...**alt tab***...ahhh ok!"
**Two minutes later** "Hmmm what are a Solarii's special powers? **alt tab**

Ad infinitum ad nausium :rolleyes:

- Ability to place hall of champions bounty (otherwise its a pain in the butt.. by the time you select the bounty the wave of monsters if over usually)
In order for this to be worthwhile, the Hall of Champions would have to work first.