• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad they didn't seize your other province before offering white peace, then you could have gone bankrupt and switched religions... unless that's against your rules!

It's too bad they didn't seize your other province before offering white peace, then you could have gone bankrupt and switched religions... unless that's against your rules!
As soon as he gets another non-pagan 2nd province, he can make it rebel and then accept religious zealots' demands. It's not as if Tuore hasn't done it before ;)

As soon as he gets another non-pagan 2nd province, he can make it rebel and then accept religious zealots' demands. It's not as if Tuore hasn't done it before ;)

I thought that doesn't work to switch across religious groups? I was under the impression that the only way to switch across religious groups was to be a wrong-religion OPM and go bankrupt.

Yeah, sorry about that, I only pressed Post Reply once... but it happened to be at that time every day when their servers go offline for a while for maintenance, somehow that caused it to be posted twice.

I actually haven't done it. Why should I had?
It was really late and I was misidentifying AARs and WCs, sorry :eek:
Besides, indeed, Kebzero switched religion in the Eastern religions group, and didn't switch from Pagan to Eastern.

I have really no idea. I think I'll fund patriots in Makassar to get it back. First I have to stabilize my economy, though.

Part Three: Indochina

I find an easy way to get out of loans. I take the maximum amount of loans and build one cog and two regiments. Then I go bankrupt in 1404 and the loans are gone. My 1,000 mercenary regiment disbands, but the cog and the soldiers are still under "construction", so they appear few months later.
loanz.jpg

No loans, 2000 soldiers and a cog. And Khmer:

khm.jpg

None of their allies join the war. I have to take the maximum amount of loans again to support the warfare. However, I get a nice event:

ohmygawdf.jpg

In July 1407 Khmer surrenders.

prey.jpg

You might wonder why I make them a vassal. The first reason is that I can't afford enough troops to suppress the rebellions, and the second reason is this:

riukiu.jpg

More wars, with Khmer assisting.
And here's a sight you don't see very often:

vijaya.jpg

I make peace in summer 1409, making them a vassal too. With the 100 ducats I gained, I can repay my loans:

paybacvk.jpg

Indochinese nations are easily drawn into wars, and this game makes is no different:

daivi.jpg

And shortly Dai Viet joins my vassals, too.
There are downsides with the vassals, too. First of all, if I get DoW'd or I DoW someone, they don't come help me because I'm pagan. I also can't diploannex them.
Anyway, when my soldiers are in position, I DoW Makassar, who just declared freedom from Korea:

axen.jpg

I annex them very quickly. However, I can't afford the rebellions. I give it to Champa.

There are only 2 ways to get out of paganism:
1. Owning only one wrong-religion province and going bankrupt; this is impossible, I can't cede Okinawa, I can't sell it and no religious zealots can retreat there.
2. There is an event that allows Pagans to change religion. It requires the flag "Western Influences" (one westernization, no military modernization), a catholic/reformed/protestant/orthodox religion neighbouring province owned by a western nation. So this is pretty impossible, too. In addition, it's MTTH is 5000. Yes, five thousand.

Over 5000?!?!?
It can't be! :eek:

From napoleonevents.txt:

Code:
country_event = {

id = 6407

trigger = {
		OR = {
			religion = animism
			religion = shamanism
		}
		has_country_flag = western_influences