• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The AAR has gotten off to a great start. Keep it going...

I have not ever even heard about Ryukyu :). By the way, where did you get that first images battle overview box?

How did you transport your army over? Ryukyu starts with only one cog. I'm assuming you built some more, but wouldn't that have given Makassar time to build a larger army?

I though I'd tried everything with Ryukyu, Tuore if you manage this I'll be so jealous, I wanted to do the first successful Ryukyu AAR! :eek:o

Click the shield icon in the lower-right corner. It has been there since NA.

Thank you, I did not know that! Overview bow seems very useful.

How did you transport your army over? Ryukyu starts with only one cog. I'm assuming you built some more, but wouldn't that have given Makassar time to build a larger army?

I though I'd tried everything with Ryukyu, Tuore if you manage this I'll be so jealous, I wanted to do the first successful Ryukyu AAR! :eek:o

I had 1 cog. I started to recruit a mercenary unit, and meanwhile I transported the starting unit to Makassar. Then I went back and took the mercenary to Makassar too. What really decided the battle was my ruler as general (he had 2 shock) and my +10 morale advisor.

Ah I see! I tried the Makassar strategy once or twice but I was never able to get the second unit over in time before the first died. Hmm-I think I'm going to go and try that myself! Thanks! :D

Update: Well I can annex Makassar, but I still get DoWed by Manchu and Korea, followed by annexation. I can't wait to see if you can shrug those guys off.

Last edited:
Good luck. I've never managed to survive with Ryukuy without reloading.

Mind you, if Paradox fixes prestige and legitimacy rounding(The fact that prestige gain +1/year gets rounded to 0/year and prestige loss -0.3/year to -1.2/year is actually rather painful when you are teetering on the edge of oblivion. That it happens to legitimacy too is just icing on the cake.), I might have to try to tackle the reloading problem, and make an AAR about forming the Mughal Empire with Ryukuy.

Uh oh. A warning is the AI's way of telling you they're planing to DoW wether you go to war or not... Hopefully Japan will step in and distract them.

How many tries did it take? :rofl:
I fail at every non-European nation. I'm just neither capable of playing Tribal governments, nor Animists. Is Ryukyu a monarchy or a tribal government?

Chapter II: Survival of the Pagans

About one month after the end of the Makassar War, Korea declares war.

cccbr.jpg

I am pretty much crushed in every battle. While moving my fleet to a dock, it gets destroyed. Soon Korea lands into Makassar:

crushed.jpg

I decide not to care about anything. I recruit 3 mercenary regiments and slowly head towards bankruptcy.
Makassar is lost in the same year:
szei.jpg

But, strangely, in early 1402, Korea offers peace:

april1402.jpg

I accept.

We have survived. But the situation doesn't look good.

Welcome to square one :(

In fact, square zero, as you now have no fleet, inflation and no Makassar as a target (until it revolts).
Time to try Majapahit, or just lie low for a bit?

Though situation. You should have an Isildur's heir to call the army of the dead for help :).

Status
Not open for further replies.