They need rework the Hyper Relays

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well...

what about nerfing the gateways , to need to be connected with the hyperlay to actualy access directly ? :D

for how the game is right now, i don't actualy think we have a problem of movement .
Great idea. Let's lock a technology available in the base game to a technology only available through DLC. People will love it.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I think hyper relay is at its sweet spot as it makes your FTL drive stays relevant and allow jump drive to be a somewhat appealing option (with the risk we all know too well).

• 1Like
Reactions:
That sounds, terrible. It would be a clear nerf to gateways that isn't really required.
well...

what about nerfing the gateways , to need to be connected with the hyperlay to actualy access directly ? :D

for how the game is right now, i don't actualy think we have a problem of movement .
I think the one nerf gateways should get is a short charging time (2-3 seconds?) before entering the gateway.

Would apply to L-gates also. Which would mean that fleets can no longer just instantaneously "blink" through Terminal Egress, but have to spend a couple seconds at the L-cluster's L-gate itself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great idea. Let's lock a technology available in the base game to a technology only available through DLC. People will love it.
The last time they did something like this, the DLC contenet became part of the base game ( the AP ) ... sooo.. its a win :D .
I think the one nerf gateways should get is a short charging time (2-3 seconds?) before entering the gateway.

Would apply to L-gates also. Which would mean that fleets can no longer just instantaneously "blink" through Terminal Egress, but have to spend a couple seconds at the L-cluster's L-gate itself.

oh, you made me remember that i hate and love the L gate concept.

it remind me of mass effect and the reapers plan to cleanse the galaxy , with the cittadel giving them access to all mass relay .

in stellaris when a crisis get access to the L gate, the galaxy is f***

Personally I think it's fine as is but I'd like to see the charge time in each system reduced when using the relays, so they still have to travel through each system but they only stop for a much smaller amount of time.

That way it would still be possible to block a fleet (by aggroing it somewhere along the chain), though it would be harder due to increased speed.

That way it would still be possible to block a fleet (by aggroing it somewhere along the chain), though it would be harder due to increased speed.

Enemy fleets can't use your hyper relays unless they occupy the system. You don't need to block a fleet somewhere along the chain because if you're there you've broken the chain.

Reactions:
Hyper Relays exists because its really frustrating to loose 10 systems before your fleet arrives because you only have one or two early game and the overall Military system is not really designed to fit the whole "Intergalactic Empire" theme Stellaris is aiming for. In my opinion they are a feature to fix a problem that is caused by how simple the Fleet and Military interactions are designed compared to the rest of the game.
I made a lengthy post about his in the suggestions here: