• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your wife must hate you. :rofl:

I'm sure she counts her blessings every day.

Ach, the good old world, when the British were the troublemakers around the globe, not Germans nor Soviets. :D

Yeah - as I was playing this I found myself REALLLLLY hating the British. "You can't just invade me because of my diamonds!"

Thomas Van Anders :D
John Conner :D

Very good.

I'm glad you approve!

What?
I don't get it!

You're making me feel old here you realise!

And, very good update.
I sense that note number 2 is an experience of the author. and possibly number 3 as well;)

Thank you. And you could be very right ;)

Steampunk lives!

Hehe. I'm not QUITE there yet, but it's looking more and more like that...

or you could have done 'crackling away like a nice roasted porker'?

Mmm... Crackling... We Scots have such a healthy diet.

Matrix? I want LotR references! I want Discworld references! Not Matrix references.
Eventually a nutjob called Bruce Wayne dressed as a bat. :p

Woah there tiger! I would have thought two different sci-fi references in a Victorian AAR would have been value for money ;)

No, we need weird Harry Potter references.
Or some other book series that I have actually read...

I've never read Harry Potter I'm afraid. What book series have you read?

(and if you haven't read any Discworld, do so now! I recommend the earlier stuff)

This cave is getting rather busy...

Dave's hiding an army down there!

Thank you kind sir!

So who is his father? :eek::rolleyes::rofl:

The remains to be seen! Stay tuned - I'll milk it for as long as I can ;)

Did his father ask lots of irritating questions too? :p

All fathers ask irritaing questions - it's our perogative.

I was with Aunt Beru in that update!
Had me chortling all the way through!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Oh my *goes mad*!
This is way too confusing!:rolleyes:

It's only confusing if you try and second-guess the author ;) Just relax and go with the story - it's really rather simple. And please don't tell me that you haven't seen Star Wars...

gosh , the way you wrap comedy into this has me in stitches . from the matrix last update to the excellent handling of dialogue this past update XD masterwork !

Wow - thank you very much. Those are very kind words! I'm glad you liked the dialogue - that's something I always enjoy writing. The real trick is managing to make each character's voice sound unique, and I was quite pleased with that last update in this respect.

Lucas ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer...

You've noticed, huh? ;)

Wait a second. If this is Star Wars, van Mordenaar is his father. And princess Leia of South Africa is his sister. Which means he's a noble. And that he's british...

...if I'm taking it COMPLETELY literally...

And the Clone Wars must have been the Opium Wars, and the Neimoidians the Chinese, and Palpatine Lord Palmerston.

Given the way the first three episodes were written I think more than a few viewers did take the view that the Neimoidians were meant to be Chinese and there were a few outraged letters to George Lucas...

The more you think about it, the worse it gets.
Palpatine for example is Victoria.

Nah - Palpatine had more charisma ;)

Gladstone will be Yoda, "The savage in his humble mountain home, remember you will".

Very good ;)

Oh, and for the two people who have asked in private (you know who you are) the reference to a smiley face being scratched onto the bonnet of a car - true story...

Given the way the first three episodes were written I think more than a few viewers did take the view that the Neimoidians were meant to be Chinese and there were a few outraged letters to George Lucas...

Yes, not to make this corker of a yarn devolve into a wistful yearning for the olden days, but there was that sense when watching the new Episodes that while the old ones and the Indiana Jones movies (up to and including the fourth one) hanker back to all that was great about the pulp stories of the early 20th century, the three new ones mirrored some of those stories less fortunate features, such as bizarre racial stereotypes and characters so bland and so mindbogglingly dreary that you wanted them to die unspeakably horrible deaths at the hands of a ginger-haired, hatchet-wielding Laplander with a penchant for morris dancing and wanton blasphemy (which is what morris dancing is, really...)

I think there was certainly a case for more morris dancing and less Jar Jar Binks. Maybe this would have been just what morris dancing needed to hit the bigtime. Kind of like a rock opera, but with more bells and sticks.

It's only confusing if you try and second-guess the author ;) Just relax and go with the story - it's really rather simple. And please don't tell me that you haven't seen Star Wars...

Ehhhh......

............. Really? ...........................

I've seen half of number three, and the last ten minutes of number 6.

Don't underestimate the Ewoks. When properly trained they can be very useful for dusting & getting things out from underneath the sink.

You mean like everyone old enough did... ;)

You mean everyone older than 15? Or so... I think I did see them all in order. I'm not sure. It involves VHS and a 4-year-old's memory. To wit: apparently a neighboring family would come over sometimes and make me watch "The Sound of Music". It must have happened a dozen times, yet I can't remember it at all. Thank G-d for mental censorship, huh?

Oh, yeah. Great AAR. The bit about "chips" would have made milk shoot out of my nose if I had been drinking any. Which is awkward, considering I'm on a laptop...

You mean everyone older than 15? Or so... I think I did see them all in order. I'm not sure. It involves VHS and a 4-year-old's memory. To wit: apparently a neighboring family would come over sometimes and make me watch "The Sound of Music". It must have happened a dozen times, yet I can't remember it at all. Thank G-d for mental censorship, huh?

Oh, yeah. Great AAR. The bit about "chips" would have made milk shoot out of my nose if I had been drinking any. Which is awkward, considering I'm on a laptop...

Number 4, 5, and 6 is at least 30 years old I think. A lot of people weren't alive when they were made.

And they're alive now?! Necromancy! *Runs of into the distance*

no, wait! I didn't.....

Oh. He's gone.

Everybody PAAAARTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Number 4, 5, and 6 is at least 30 years old I think. A lot of people weren't alive when they were made.

Given that I went to the cinema to see The Empire Strikes Back I am now feeling extra, specially old...

Btw, apologies for the lack of updates - things have been mental with work. The latest installment will be along soon!

Thanks for being patient.

Iain

Given that I went to the cinema to see The Empire Strikes Back I am now feeling extra, specially old...

Btw, apologies for the lack of updates - things have been mental with work. The latest installment will be along soon!

Thanks for being patient.

Iain

It's nice to be a teenager!

I must say, Iain, I discovered the trailer for this AAR a while ago and loved it. Sadly, at the time I saw the trailer, I did not have time for actual AAR reading. But this was among the AARs that I wanted to read once I got out of school and had more time. And now that I'm out of school and have that time, I figured I would officially subscribe to this AAR. :cool: