• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

I suppose I am among the few who think the reference was not subtle. I am either very careful or too nerd. I think the latter :) .

I suppose I am among the few who think the reference was not subtle. I am either very careful or too nerd. I think the latter :) .

I can't find it!

I can't find it!

The whole scene was a subtle tribute (is this the correct word? forgive my english) to the scene in the Matrix movie where Agent Smith was talking to Neo referring to him as Mr Anderson telling humankind was like viruses.

About that Bos Man and Bosjesman. It should, as Treppe found on his map, be Bosjesman. What you english call bushman are called bosjesman in dutch/afrikaans. It does not have to do anything with the bush, but everything with the way their hair is planted on their head. It is not evenly spaced, like most other versions of homo sapiens, but it is placed in bosjes (small bushes). Hence the name. So "Na die groote bosjesman oorlog" would be a correct heading for that map.
This again shows you how something can get lost in translation.... ;)

Het geluk was aan de kant van dat commando's

:D :D :D

Pardon?
I think it should be either "dat commando", or "die commando's". And the last one would be rather a-historical. Commando (meaning: that which is commanded by one commander), was the name\title of the tactical units that the boers used, which varied widely in strength and capability.
Churchill, having fought against the boers, and being familiar with the term, and admirer of their daring and initiative, then named the commandos that way, during WW2. So "die commando's" means soldiers from a WW2 (and later) Commando unit.
Ok. I'll shut up now

No need to apologize. After all, you took the trouble to try and tell something in an alien language, and then mistakes do get made. I'm sorry if the tone of my comment came about as too bitchy, but it was not ment that way. I'm just not very good at constructive critisism..... ;)

What about Albanian?

We're all agreed then that South Africa needs more Albanians?

We're all agreed then that South Africa needs more Albanians?

Only South Africa? Every damn place needs some of those stubborn crazy Albanians.

Only South Africa? Every damn place needs some of those stubborn crazy Albanians.

Po, çdo vend vetëm nevojë për më shumë e shqiperise!!

Would it be possible to play Victoria and go for targeted emigration?