• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yig1015

Sergeant
10 Badges
Feb 27, 2019
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Does the chemist's healing acorn effect enemies as well as friendlies? Could be awkward if it does having enemies rush into the cloud if you place in a bad spot. Was just curious while I am unable to play at the moment. So far the other units of this patch are pretty fun.

Both the Resistance Acorn and the Healing Acorn affect both enemies and friendlies. I haven't really seen the AI take advantage of this, though, and it hasn't really limited my placement much. I have had the Sharpshooter's healing shot (and tactical ops) to heal melee that jumped into the enemies' lines, which is the only time it would be likely to come up. Note the healing acorn heals on the initial throw and at end of the unit's turn, so they can't just pass through it to get the benefit.

So you could put it in a place that would be disadvantageous to end your turn in but worked to heal your units in the first place. Bait a desperate player to run in but set themselves up to be focused down anyway. And by the sharpshooter one do you mean a missed shot can randomly hit a enemy and heal them? That actually sounds kind of awesome thematically. Lol

And by the sharpshooter one do you mean a missed shot can randomly hit a enemy and heal them? That actually sounds kind of awesome thematically. Lol
No, I just meant that I haven't needed to use a healing grenade on allies intermingled with enemies, since I could use the healing shot instead (it's 7 range, so it's easier to use than other heals, but doesn't remove effects).