There's always a bigger ship: Celestials (Death star/Borg Cube)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

klopkr

Chief suggester at the suggestion factory
107 Badges
Aug 12, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
Juggernauts are huge ships, absolutely wonderful. But they're still just a giant ship+star base.

What is the true final level of starship? Well it's basically a small moon right?

So for a final highest tier end game ship lets radically change it's gameplay impact and use from all the smaller ship types. Rather than packing a particular combat punch it's true use is being a lurking unstoppable force to slowly but surely advance into your enemies space with few losses.

The big difference: It's basically a small moving planet, with pops, that acts as a shipyard and a planet cracker and is built like a typical megastructure, and requires bombing to desolation, ground forces, being planet cracked itself, or self destructed through high tier espionage.

You'd be limited to one like other high tier ships and like typical planet crackers cause total wars and political vitriol.

Finally this would be the perfect opportunity to make an homage for various famous sci-fi stories.

Humanoids could have a spherical one, mammalian a cube, fungoids a classical ufo shape, plantoids floating petals, reptilians a cylinder, necroids a gothic tower, etc.

You're thinking way too small. What we need is a literal starship.
A ship that uses a star as its power source and when it moves, it takes the entire system including its hyperlanes with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, a galaxyship might be an option, too. When the unbidden come for that rim system, you just take your galaxy and leave never to be seen again.

I think laser moons are pretty well-represented already, but I wouldn't mind building my own Scavenger Bot.
I mean, it's a mobile megastructure that strips systems of their resources! What's not to love?

Sure, I could go the peaceful route and build a Matter Decompressor around a black hole to get my Minerals, but screw that, I wanna build Unicron.

I personally think this sounds fantastic and like an excellent riff on tropes. Which the Stellaris devs seem to enjoy I think it would be fun to have an origin where you start living on a damaged one of these with no planets and essentially function as nomads without the ability to colonize but instead slowly unlock and repair your home until you end up being unstoppable murder hordes. Maybe a really weak early game and eventually a ludicrous late game nomadic doom stack.

Oh man I just realised this is in mods and not suggestions.

I'm sorry guys I'm not making this into a mod I was hoping for it in the base game!

I personally think this sounds fantastic and like an excellent riff on tropes. Which the Stellaris devs seem to enjoy I think it would be fun to have an origin where you start living on a damaged one of these with no planets and essentially function as nomads without the ability to colonize but instead slowly unlock and repair your home until you end up being unstoppable murder hordes. Maybe a really weak early game and eventually a ludicrous late game nomadic doom stack.
Man this is the perfect way to introduce nomads since it'd have pops like a moving habitat.

Oh man I just realised this is in mods and not suggestions.

I'm sorry guys I'm not making this into a mod I was hoping for it in the base game!

Man this is the perfect way to introduce nomads since it'd have pops like a moving habitat.
I had not considered that, have you remade your post in suggestions? Because it seems like an excellent Idea that I would give my support as a fellow player to.

You're thinking way too small. What we need is a literal starship.
A ship that uses a star as its power source and when it moves, it takes the entire system including its hyperlanes with it.

Actually, now that I think about it, a galaxyship might be an option, too. When the unbidden come for that rim system, you just take your galaxy and leave never to be seen again.
Gigastructual Engineering & More has you covered.
9ybltnqhp5961.gif

• 1Haha
Reactions: