• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bravo! Bravo!

(applause)

Congratulations on finishing this great piece!

Shame on you... you let the innocent Serbs get annexed into the Austrian empire... tsk, tsk... :D

Anyway, this was an excellent AAR, and I enjoyed it from begining to end. Although I generally don't have patience to read long AARs, yours was trully a masterpiece and it kept the attention of the reader begining to end. :)

I'll be waiting for your next AAR! ;)

I had to go back to very first chapter to understand the last bit with Louis III and the letter from Savoy. That was brilliant, a wonderful way to wrap up the story. (Somehow I had forgotten about the original letter from Savoy in the meantime. :rolleyes: )

I greatly admired how you stuck with your story, even at times when events did not go so well -- your bungled annexation of France in the late 1500s comes to mind, although you did get them 200 years later. :D

And you have a gift for absolutely brilliant dialogue to explain lots of events both great and small.

Also I salute you for excellent gameplay (I'll leave the French annexation aside ;) ). For a long time it appeared that you would have a serious challenge just to connect your territories, let alone conquer both France and Italy, and hold it all together. Very well done!

*claps and claps..........and claps..........and claps............and claps.........and.........* :D
Bravo Bravo I very good read from start to end! Now I hope the next AAR will follow soon........can't you give some kinda clue to what it will be? :D

Well done. And just in time to kick back and enjoy the holiday! :)

JRoch said:
Well done. And just in time to kick back and enjoy the holiday! :)

Congratulations! This was a great AAR! I was really impressed at how you made Provence thrive once you got going.

Well, thankyou, thankyou all for your kind words - I know you're just doing it to get me started ASAP on the next AAR... :p

To answer a few specific comments and questions:

Troggle - congratulations on the big six-oh-oh! ;) No, I don't have Victoria, nor indeed any other Paradox games. But I'm not bored with EU2 yet, especially when there are still so many un-AARed nations left, so I'm not planning any purchases in the near future.

VPeric
you let the innocent Serbs get annexed into the Austrian empire
- well I appreciate you putting it so charitably. In fact it was me that dragged the Austrians into a war in which failure to annex Serbia would have been unforgivable! :D But what were they doing being allied to the Ottomans anyway?

jwolf - gee thanks! Just when I'd managed to forget that unfortunate foul-up with the French Catholics you go and bring it up again... :p

Van Engel - The merest of clues - a country only available in the EEP (or the AGCEEP, which I downloaded last night in order to start the game).

CatKnight - Actually, once I got going it was easy! It was getting going that was a bit harder. :)

Rhodz - Yup, sorry that the continued line of Popes Paellus didn't feature more prominently, but they were always there behind the scenes, of course. ;)

Farquharson said:
Van Engel - The merest of clues - a country only available in the EEP (or the AGCEEP, which I downloaded last night in order to start the game).

Well that could be anything....maybe meissen or something like that or even a South-East asian country? :confused:

Most impressive, wiping out those Palembang natives despite them clearly being centuries ahead of you in technology, able as they are to produce plastic buckets and whatnot. Clearly the crowning achievement of the Provencal Empire. And now that Provence has the secret of plastic, they can make those little white table thingys that keep the pizza box from ruining the cheese. :)

Funny stuff. I'll be sure to mosey over to your Mombasa AAR.

Haven't been around to check on your progress, but you went and finished on me. LOL Congratulations on a job well done Farquharson.

It seems I missed the grand finale as well. Oh well, I caught it today. And congrats on finishing. Great humor and interesting gaming has kept me interested since the beginning and though I am sad to see it end, I look forward to the next AAR on your list. Great work here, French Catholics notwithstanding! ;) A true pleasure to read!

Before this drops off the page, I just want to say - Congratulations!
A very good, very funny AAR, and pretty good gameplay with Provence.