• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FinnN said:
Wednesday is better for me - but the game will need to be later which might be a problem for some I guess. I have this annoying thing called work...

If it were moved to start at 19:00, or even better 20:00, GMT then it'd be perfect. That's about afternoon time US and late evening/night euro time. 3 hours rather than 4 would be a tiny bit better for me too, but that's not a big deal.

DVIP basically corrects a lot of the historical setup of the game and improves the cultural setup, I'm a big fan. The Break Free mod corrects the weird pledging by making 'weird vassals' break away - look in the modding forum for more details.

JSGME is a great tool that can work with any game that has mods which are drag-and-drop files (such as DV - which is how I could turn on and off the beta patch a couple of weeks ago). It's really easy to use and free:

Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products.html

Have fun
Finn

That was my original plan. Move the game to a later time. You know, this game will be played for a few years, and it would be better to have the time suit everyone to avoid many drops (which, will, obviously, be frequent). During the day people will be busy either with school or work, but during the night most people are available.

Well, I'm thinking that we should stick with the original slot or else jorian will be cut out. Midweek evenings are much better for me, but then that'd hurt US players as it'd put it in the middle of the day for them so apart from jorian we may lose others too. A second game is a possibility but I'm not so sure I want to devote 8 hours a week...

Have fun
Finn

FinnN said:
Well, I'm thinking that we should stick with the original slot or else jorian will be cut out. Midweek evenings are much better for me, but then that'd hurt US players as it'd put it in the middle of the day for them so apart from jorian we may lose others too. A second game is a possibility but I'm not so sure I want to devote 8 hours a week...

Have fun
Finn
well, when do we play/start? :)

i guess not this weekend, but want to know for sure

Well, I'm thinking we should try out DVIP and the break-free mod (altered to affect players as well as the AI) in multiplayer before committing to it. Also I think it'd be a good idea to discuss rules in chat rather than via the forums, and seeing as Saturdays appear to be a good time for us to get together...so we can either have a one-off session or do the session and use the save as the starting point for the following week by when we'll have the rules sorted out properly.

We also need a volunteer for back-up hosting if Carillon decides to go with the other game.

Have fun
Finn

I would like to go with TWBW: The Real One. :p

BurningEGO said:
I would like to go with TWBW: The Real One. :p
funny :p

btw people, im ill and can't play this weekend at all (have to quit other sessions of other games aswell), sorry if you wanted to start today :(

Well, that puts us below the 4 people to be viable this week...so we'll see for next week. Hopefully we can bash together some rules before starting properly.

Thinking about it though, if we're on the borderline with viable players then we may better off moving the session time to mid week :( Something to think about anyway.

Have fun
Finn

FinnN said:
Well, that puts us below the 4 people to be viable this week...so we'll see for next week. Hopefully we can bash together some rules before starting properly.

Thinking about it though, if we're on the borderline with viable players then we may better off moving the session time to mid week :( Something to think about anyway.

Have fun
Finn
what? i was just ill, i didnt say i quit, but i will have to if you actuall move the gametime

Are you able to play 4 hours later on saturdays?

jorian said:
what? i was just ill, i didnt say i quit, but i will have to if you actuall move the gametime

The reason I've stopped is because of my connection problems with CK games which have moved from bad to worse, not because you missed a session (although I think when we're at the minimum number of players there needs to be some flexibility - otherwise whether a session happens or not is going to be a bit hit and miss). It wouldn't have been so bad if I simply couldn't connect, but the 'blindness' even when I can makes it very frustrating when it's 100% of the time and I'm in the middle of a war or need to do something.

I'll probably give setting up a mid-week game a go, right now I'm pondering whether I should wait until I move to London (which means I'll have an excuse to swap ISPs) early next year (although it'll be end of February by the time I'm settled) or give it a go before Christmas. Either way Saturday afternoons don't seem to be my lucky time for connections via VNet using my current ISP.

Have fun
Finn

FinnN said:
The reason I've stopped is because of my connection problems with CK games which have moved from bad to worse, not because you missed a session (although I think when we're at the minimum number of players there needs to be some flexibility - otherwise whether a session happens or not is going to be a bit hit and miss). It wouldn't have been so bad if I simply couldn't connect, but the 'blindness' even when I can makes it very frustrating when it's 100% of the time and I'm in the middle of a war or need to do something.

I'll probably give setting up a mid-week game a go, right now I'm pondering whether I should wait until I move to London (which means I'll have an excuse to swap ISPs) early next year (although it'll be end of February by the time I'm settled) or give it a go before Christmas. Either way Saturday afternoons don't seem to be my lucky time for connections via VNet using my current ISP.

Have fun
Finn

You know what, i have been highly thinking about telling you guys to make this an hamachi only game. Yes it stinks i know, but if everyone uses it then there is no problem. And whoever has a damned router and does not know how to configure it, can always play.

Sid Meier said:
Are you able to play 4 hours later on saturdays?
yes
BurningEGO said:
You know what, i have been highly thinking about telling you guys to make this an hamachi only game. Yes it stinks i know, but if everyone uses it then there is no problem. And whoever has a damned router and does not know how to configure it, can always play.

i hate 'hatchi' but would even use that if we could stay on the current time, atleast on the current day...

could you please tell me if there will be now a game or not? im fine with any time on that day (as mentioned before) but it would be great to see life signs on this thread

I think you have the wrong thread here, Darkness. You want the "In the Balance" one that's currently active. :)