• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then you should. :) There is an epic China War with impossible odds.

Some good tips from this, thanks for the suggestion (and PrawnStar I guess... :D)

I can instantly respect this AAR as Rastar hated typing Ayutthaya as well. It's such a bleeech name.

I laugh in the face of his day 0 problems though. 1500 manpower? 4 provinces? CoT? Psssssh. As a teaser for chapter 6 - I just conquered all these lands, including COT - from Aceh

This wasn't something I considered - it's also in my culture group, I believe (Japanese and Chinese are in same group right?) Thanks for the advice. Once I've stablised a little (both literal stability and everything else) I'll probably drag Xia into a Ming war and get them to release another nation whilst I secure a few of those coastal provinces. Would be REALLY nice to get hold of Nanjing and get it Animist. >: D

Yeah, the coast of China is amazing, I had around 30 inflation as a Manchu with Siberian dreams, and then when I lept on Ming, all my economic troubles flew out the window(I did have cores and same religion already, though, still a very desirable region.)
As for the Ming vs Mamlukes issue, yeah, it's just a bunch of allies based on religion, usually a defender of the faith is called. For example, in the very same Manchu(well, China by then I suppose) game, I declared war on Sibir and Mali joined the war on their side.(Needless to say I was terrified.)

I don't know. I think you're wrong with the DOTF thing - Mamluks specifically declared war on Ming, and Ming alone. The chinese were the defenders - they haven't cascading alliance'd into the fray. They're also confucian, which means they would only defend uhhh... Manchu? I can't think of any other countries in the world with the same religion (except of course released chinese nations).

There really isn't any reason for Ming to be engaging in wars in the middle east either because to my knowledge they've never had an alliance in the game, and they can't see far enough to sphere/guarantee people that would be a DoW target for mamluks.

You know what? There's a simple solution to this. Instead of jumping into the save as Ming I'll jump in as Mamluks. I THINK I have a backup of that save as I'm doing a backup after each chapter.

UPDATE:
Yep. Mamluks can see the entire coast of Asia up to Japan - including multiple rich Ming provinces. A jihad against them isn't that farfetched (stupid maybe.....)

As a sidenote Mamluks have 30 seperate navies with only 1 boat in them. Like to see what that strategy is about.

The next question would then be, how the hell did the Mamelukes discover China?

CHAPTER 6: Ryukyu's national pastime: Extermination

Before I begin this chapter I want to take a few moments just to explain something quickly. Some of you may have noticed that I have an awful lot of rebels in some screenshots, or talk about lucrative/bad peace deals I've had to make with people I didn't say I was at war with. There's a good reason I'm not reporting on every rebel and war declaration right now: I have rebels every 2 months. And EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that borders me and isn't allied declares war on me EVERY 5 years, without fail.

Frankly, to report on every single incident would be boring. You don't want to know every slider change, every single event that fires, every battle I fight, every time an indochina nation insults me (at least every 3 months), etc. You want to know what's going on in the EXCITING bits. The massive wars, the annexations, the beatings and assimilations. You want to see each and every country around Ryukyu being destroyed.

I also shouldn't play this game or do a forum update when I've been drinking heavily but BEGGARS CANNAE CHOOSE so this may be a tad on the silly side.........

All that said last chapter was a wee bit short, so this one is a little longer. Without further ado lets return to the action and see what is going on in the frontlines of our newly acquired provinces.

ryukyu53.jpg

Oh. Crud.

OKAY! So without further ado lets return to the action:

ryukyu54.jpg

Aye that's more like it. This is easy. In less than a century I've taken the weakest nation in the game and made them arguably the strongest superpower in the East. Now nothing can really stop Ryukyu, except boredom from how tedious steamrolling everything is. Psssh.. this is meant to be a challenge. It's only a matter of time before I annex the entire world now.

Next stop: Japan. In the words of Top Gear:

ryukyu55.jpg

Oh. Crud.

ryukyu56.jpg

My people have been eyeing the lands to our west for a long time now - an island that dwarfs even the Great Three Mountains. I decide to send out 2 crews of our people on a mission to claim these lands under our flag. For once in our history they do not sail or march with fire, nor steel, nor goliath siege machines. They set sail with wood to build houses, stone to pave roads and grain to feed their families

For just this once in our history the people know peace.

But only one boat stops in these new lands - a new land we shall name 'Taiwan'. The second load continue on through the mainland past the rotting corpses of the fallen. Past the vassals. Past the Chinese. Past the Muslims. The men march tirelessly, not stopping until they arrive at the lands of the Nomads.

The same nomadic tribes that raid our lands and destroy our crops and buildings. It is no matter. For every building they destroy we shall erect 5 more...

ryukyu57.jpg

...in their lands instead of ours.

ryukyu58.jpg

It.. is over. Aceh is broken. It has taken decades, but the island menace has been shunted off the mainland. They return to being the nobody they are. How pathetic.. I do not think we will hear from these savages for a long time now, thus we can turn our attention back to the mainland.

[ image here ]

Just a little teaser of the current lands of Ryukyu. What's that you say? There's no image and just a line that says [ image here ]? Well that's because some idiot forgot to hit the save button and overwrote screnshot 59 with screenshot 60. No matter, we can work with this.

Ummm... Ming.. he's big. Yeah. Look at Korea they're blue, I think. That's a.. nice boat there. On the water. Looks like Ryukyu has captured almost the entirety of Eurasia too... Yeah...

ryukyu60.jpg

Xia betray us after everything I have done for them.. I cannot believe they would sink a knife that deeply into our backs, especially as they still claim to be allied with us.......

ryukyu61.jpg

I was bored of editing screenshots so here's tons of pointless annotations, mostly. The one in the top left isn't pointless though.

Curious things seem to happen when a country is allied with both members of war. I think Xia offered white peace within 2 weeks of declaring war because the whole situation gave them a migraine. I now have an alliance casus belli against the members of MY alliance, and I'm at war with someone I'm allied to still.

Even though Xia is ruined by rebels and I can crush them easily I went for the white peace because I'm slightly worried about game stability if I let this situation play out.

On the plus side HOORAY TRADE EFFECTS! Now my generals can smoke cigars and extinguish them in the eyes of my victims.. nah I'm sticking with the eyes of my victims.

ryukyu62.jpg

Yeah, work that one out. Date is a month later because I only realised I was still allied a month after the war. I think their liege died trying to get his head around what just happened.

ryukyu63.jpg

This might look bad in Taiwan, but it's not. Korea invaded and the native people rose up in defiance against the northern savages - they even managed to kill every single man in the Korean army, with only a handful of losses on the native side. They would rather burn this settlement to the ground than allow the Korean menances to take hold of the land - commendable. These people understand strategy, strategy I used to conquer Ming. I will save them when I am free of Korea's wrath.

Also CHECK OUT THAT EVENT YES PLEASE THANK YOU. For the first time since.. possibly 1400 I have +3 stability. The inflation reduction bonus is absolutely incredible too, exactly what I need right now.

What's that you say? You see something blazing quickly across the night skies? Let me have a look...

ryukyu64.jpg

I haven't done one of these for a while (except of course where I showed you Ryukyu owning all of Eurasia) so here's a world* update. I may have 'lost' a little territory since screenshot 59. :)

Remember what I said in the intro to the chapter? Yeah, that happened in the west. I made a fresh new wall of vassals, one I like to call project Mainly Inconsequential Nations' Generous Support to Usurp the Chinese King's Sovereignty or MING SUCKS for short. It's top secret, but I like you so I'll share you the details of this two-fold plan:

1) Vassalise the nations of the west so that they STOP DECLARING WAR ON ME so I am free to deal with the threat in the north and the east - done
2) MING SUCKS - done

Don't tell anyone the plan, tee hee. :)

Also Ryukyu is the greatest nation in the world. The facts are there. Look! It says #1 under my prestige. That means I am the very best. What's that you're pointing to? Reputation? Yeah, okay. You got me. I've got 43.2 more reputations than the rest of the world. Bet you are envious of my 43.2 reputations.

Things to note:
  • The red blob next to Xia is the province I'm 'colonising' from Chagatai.
  • Wu rebelled, but don't start a fanfare. They rebelled from only Xia land, none of Ming. Then they immediately allied with Ming - that is more dangerous than a unified Ming as they will have their own blah blah blah blah blah...
  • Hehehehe. Look at the cute little Ryukyu Rhino...

*Asia is the only revealed territory so that's all you get. Sorry chumps.

ryukyu65.jpg

It's amazing what a little brick and mortar can do to persuade people that are living off dead horses in caves for 71 years. (That's how nomads live right? Dead horses in caves?)

ryukyu66.jpg

I forget.

I was going to write something interesting here but my gameplay notes really did just say the date and I forget. This screenshot is nice so look at that.

ryukyu67.jpg

Oh crud.

This can't be good. Although we crushed them before we really can't deal with this right now. Korea has blasted the war exhaustion through the roof and I'm desperately in need of peace. This is a war I simply cannot win... and I'm afraid I might have blown it.

Sorry guys. It was fun whilst it lasted, but I don't think even the mighty nation of Ryukyu can take on the combined might of Wu and Ming (don't forget Korea!) consid--

Wait a second. What the...?

ryukyu68.jpg

Huh?

ryukyu69.jpg

ryukyu70.jpg

Last edited:
Funny update. 10/10 would read again.

Before I begin this chapter I want to take a few moments just to explain something quickly. Some of you may have noticed that I have an awful lot of rebels in some screenshots, or talk about lucrative/bad peace deals I've had to make with people I didn't say I was at war with. There's a good reason I'm not reporting on every rebel and war declaration right now: I have rebels every 2 months. And EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY that borders me and isn't allied declares war on me EVERY 5 years, without fail.

Frankly, to report on every single incident would be boring. You don't want to know every slider change, every single event that fires, every battle I fight, every time an indochina nation insults me (at least every 3 months), etc.

Ahem, you may be surprised to discover that the forum will sit and happily read all of that - especially the bits about rebels. People love rebels so much I wrote an AAR about it...

Well, I'm not surprised you made it that far.... You see, there is a martial art called "Uechi Ryu" that came from Okinawa which I practice. And I can tell you, it kicks ass...

Ahem, you may be surprised to discover that the forum will sit and happily read all of that - especially the bits about rebels. People love rebels so much I wrote an AAR about it...

This man speaks truth. He even conquered more countries, just so we could see more Rebel action.

Of course, Ming will promptly start rebuilding now.

By then my vassals will probably be hanging our newly acquired chinese paper lanterns in their homes. With the -3 stability and a little... 'help' towards their WE Ming will probably collapse in the war.

Re: Rebel hunting
I find the rebel cleaning and wars with minor countries that have no armies so tedious that I don't want to make it MORE tedious for myself. > : D
I know people would find it interesting to read every single minor detail but frankly this is a hobby and I don't want to spend entire days writing single chapters without doing anything in game I found fun.

I'm not entirely serious about the joy of rebels ;)

wow. just wow.
Good job :)