• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
again a new king?
Maybe you should just annex Egypt next time, or try to spark civil war? :D

"If you have an superiority of 2:1, then divide the enemy"

It is only the third King:)

I can't get anything from Egypt, i might take their land but one of their armies sneaks away and takes a bunch of mine. Plus they are always between 70k and 90k manpower. While I can never seem to get above 5k before they DOW me again. I have to be very cautious with my attacks/defence and not take any attrition if necessary. I must always worry about their megastack of 40ish that comes storming through.

I have tried to get a civil war started numerous times, but they have an endless replacement of loyal governors.

But I will get to all of this in a bit

Tisiphon the Beautiful had been very active in the war. He orchestrated the Second Battle of Nabatea, in which a member of the ptolemy family was captured.
rome_45.jpg

Again, at the Battle of Sinai his general Peithon Vardanid was able to capture another meber of the Ptolemys.
rome_46.jpg

In December 514 the Egyptian blockades had caused all out rebellion in the allied states. The war would have to come to an end soon to ensure there were allies in the future.
rome_48.jpg

Alexandria was captured by a third Seleucid King.
rome_49.jpg

In July the war was over. For the second time the Egyptians had been soundly beaten. The days of parity between the Seleucids and Ptolemys was over.
rome_50.jpg

On the seventh of September 515 the Seleucid Empire was now a true empire. Tisiphon had accomplished what his grandfather dreamed of, and what his father attempted.
rome_51.jpg

Tisiphon the Beautiful banished the nobles from his palce for one week. So he could get to know the female side of his Ptolemaic prisoners. Afterall management was done by the court anyway and he had better things to do.

:rofl:

don't you hate it how there is such a fine line between Empire and Not Empire :D

Good things you taught those egyptians, we don't want them to live for too long ;)

The nobles convened in the Gallery of Antiochia, the monument to Antiochus the Painter. There they layed down the foundations of the empire.
rome_52.jpg

Tisophon was now a demi god. The people realized that he was a gift from the gods. Descended from Zeus himself, the lineage of the Seleucid family went back through Apollo and Aphrodite also.
rome_53.jpg

Tisiphon always got what he wanted. All he needed to do was bat his eyes and women and men alike would swoon.
rome_54.jpg

He was even bleesed by Zeus.
rome_55.jpg

In 521 the ruler of Pergamon payed for the treachery that had been done to his Grandfather.
rome_56.jpg

The Egyptians were threatening to create a civil war. The Emperor Tisiphon had few enemies, but the ones he had were driven by jealousy. Quick thinking and deep pockets would be needed to prevent chaos.
rome_57.jpg

The Ptolemys were spending a great deal of wealth trying to bring down te Seleucid family and their empire. They themselves were risking civil war in their own lands, because of the family members in foreign prisons.
rome_58.jpg

Colchis was expanding into the wilderness and stirring the barbrians that dwelled there. The y would need to be put down.
rome_59.jpg

In 531 the treachery had spread to the royal family. Tisiphon's brother, Ariovast had attempted to kill the heir to the empire. For this he was banished to Bythinia.
rome_60.jpg

While in Bythinia Ariovast was able to use his prestige to start a civil war. While leading a rebel army he was captured and banished to Pontus. The rebellion however was successful. Tisiphon had lost Bythinian ally. And the tribute that filled his pride.

The world after the day before Colchis was conquered for good. The empire was growing. Its wealth was immense, bringing in 20 gold a month just from taxes. The armies were rebuilt an reorganized again. The Imperial decree of 535 demanded that all aries be made up of 10k heavy infantry 10k archers 5k cavalry and 5k horse archers. Only the Eperors personal guard was allowed to be organized differently. 10k horse archers and 10k cavalry.
rome_map_5.jpg

During the years of peace Tisiphon used his beauty to have many children. And he had many wives. As they aged over 40 they would all commit suicide so not to dishonor the emperor with thier aged looks.

Yes Tisiphon was angry to be called Emperor. But that is the title Zeus gave him when he was blessed. He was also angry that time was based on the founding of an unimportant city such as Rome. But what could he do. The Gods demanded it. If he disobeyed he could come down with leperosy. He dared not challenge the workings of the universe.

We shall see if it is at all possible. The Great Alexander is long perished. Also many lovers, including men. He does not judge....

I admire your tenacity for putting out consistent quality updates.

vandalay222 said:
During the years of peace Tisiphon used his beauty to have many children. And he had many wives. As they aged over 40 they would all commit suicide so not to dishonor the emperor with thier aged looks.

Its good to be emperor

The next one is coming when I get back from the store.

edit:that was along trip to the store. the issue with rome has been resolved, save intact. i never mentioned that did i.....well now you know

Last edited:
Emperor Tisiphon was becoming disgusted with the attempts on his sons life. He bagan sending spies and assassins of his own to plague the court of the Ptolemys.

This only help to start a new war. Someing Tisiphon was all too eager to get underway. ptolemy was even so brave as to insult the emperor.
rome_61.jpg

the highly skilled army under command of the Emperor's son Asklepiodorus made the Egyptian king pay a heavy price.
rome_62.jpg

In the second battle the Egyptians were caught between two armies. There was no escape.
rome_63.jpg

The brave Egyptian diplomat came offer to renounce all claims on Seleucid lands. Tisiphon replied "A country is required to a claim on lands"
rome_64.jpg

The Emperor soon signed peace, even making Ptolemy renounce claims out of mockery.
rome_65.jpg

The mother of Asklepiodorus's friend, believed the heir was taking the glory out of her own families hands. She seduced Asklepiodorus and tried to stab stab him in bed. But he was able to get the knife away from her.

She and her son were banished to Rome. A true insult to her families prestige.
rome_67.jpg

In 550 the Ptolemys angered the Emperor yet a again. This time because the governor of Cyrencia would not change his loyalties. Enev after all the gifts that were showered upon him. Tisiphon would not be rejected. He was too beautiful.
rome_68.jpg

The war was won in less than two years. Ptolemy had no power any longer. It was just a matter of time before the true ruler of Egypt would come to power.

However there was a defeat for Tisiphon. His only son and heir to the throne, the greatest military mind in Seleucid history was gone forever. He took his place among the Gods at the age of 28.

Managing the previous war was stressful enough, considering the greatness his father had imposed on all members of the family. And with the attempts on his life from his best friend. His own uncle, brother of his father. Even his cousin who he grew up with, and led armies against the Egyptians, fighting side by side.

All this had become too stressful. By the end of the recent war, he had become a complete maniac. regardless of his military gifts, he was becoming a danger to himself, and to his own troops. Ordering charges against fortified cities immediatley following battles. His loyal troops even wondered about his sanity.

Hoping Asklepiodorus would get better and get back on the right foot, he was relieved of command. He was given an immense triumph upon his return to Seleucia. The people chanted his name.

However caused him more stress. He was a military commander. Not a politition. He was not someone to be remembered just yet. He was young, constantly thinking of the next campaign, giving orders and devising plans for every possible situation with his commanders.

On the 24th of June 553, Asklepiodorus committed suicide. A plaque with a map showing how he diminished the Ptolemys was placed at the base of his statue.
rome_map_6.jpg

All of my saves crash. Nothing I do can fix the problem. Usually all that needs to be done is do something huge, like declare war or something. I have tried reinstalling. So now I am part way through of making my own scenario, that is in effect my save. I just have to get all the countries exactly the way they are in the save. I am lmost finished and an update will come the same day.

I will not fail you.