[Theory-crafting] What Mod would you most want in the game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
19 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
OK guys, thought I'd play a bit of a "theory-crafting" session here.

Knowing how many magnificent modders there are out there in the VtM community, especially after what we've seen for Bloodlines 1 over the last 15 years, & given that the Unreal 4 Engine is meant to be easier to Mod than Valve's Source Engine, I'd like to discuss Mods to Bloodlines 2 in a purely theoretical fashion.

If you could have your choice of one-and ONLY one-Mod for Bloodlines 2, what would it be? If you want to give reasons, then that'd be cool too. (NB, if someone has already posted this thread, then please feel free to delete this one).

To kick things off, for me it would be a choice of either (a) A Mod that makes Thin-Bloods more like they are in the core Rule-book, & where you can get through the entire game as a Thin-blood or (b) A Mod that allows us to start off as a full member of a clan, with access to all 3 Clan Disciplines.....albeit in the same position as a Thin-Blood character at the start of the game.

Hope that helps :).

Honestly?
If i can choose one and only one ... it would be optional 3th person camera.
I believe that reasons are quite obvious here, but for me its mostly so i can enjoy meele combat better.

//edit:
Also ... i was thinking about that what you say, @Marc_Hicks ...
And i wonder, wound it be kinda disturbing to play as fullblooded wampire, but being threated like lowest of the lowest, in city full of thinbloods? :-/

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I won't really know what mod I'd most want until I play it and know what feels like it's missing or like it needs changing or just plain what I'd like added.

I agree with this. However, as Ragnarok did mention, I would love to have an optional 3rd person camera too, though that's usually unrealistic for mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:
A mod that changes disciplines, so that I can get an actual Blood Theft/Theft of Vitae active ability, rather than it just being a boring automatic thing that comes with all the Blood Sorcery abilities. And also depending on how they've changed animations, I may want a changed animation for Blood Boil.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Probably something that removes some console design changes and restores closer PnP rules; perhaps along with increased "realism" (in terms of ie blood consumption and such).

• 3Like
Reactions:
Probably something that removes some console design changes and restores closer PnP rules; perhaps along with increased "realism" (in terms of ie blood consumption and such).

You know that PnP rules for blood consumption changed a lot between V20 & V5 rule set? HSL are adopting a kind of "half-way" system, which is fine by me.

Hm here's my current top two wanted mods:
1 - A mod that lets me play a Clan from the start and removes the diablerie entirely. I've no desire to play a thinblood, I don't enjoy them mechanically nor in story terms.
2 - Third person camera for melee. First person melee isn't something I enjoy all that much.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hm here's my current top two wanted mods:
1 - A mod that lets me play a Clan from the start and removes the diablerie entirely. I've no desire to play a thinblood, I don't enjoy them mechanically nor in story terms.
2 - Third person camera for melee. First person melee isn't something I enjoy all that much.

I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy 1st person melee until I played games like Kingdom Come Deliverance. Now I LOVE it :).

While I agree with Detective Malloy above, that I won't really know what I want until we see what we have, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that I'd love more in depth add on mods like Clan Quest and Final Nights for BL1. I'm hoping that they really go all out for the actual DLC, and eventually give us all the (main 13) clans and a bunch of expanded story stuff, but it's doubtful that will be the case. We may get some good story stuff, but I honestly don't think we'll get all the clans. Maybe another 4-5 at most. And if that is the case I really hope modders eventually hook us up with all the clans (and bloodlines if possible) and I'd love to also see whole new areas built and fan made characters and voice work like was done in Clan Quests as well. Obviously that won't be anywhere near launch type of mods, but I love that the VtM community is so dedicated, that eventually we always get some in depth, significant update mods given some time. It really helped extend the life of BL1 for me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
if moding is for the console version id say the companions mod
Companions mod in BL1 was cool even if we couldn't turn eveyone we made a follower into a vampire..but im hoping we get to do that in BL2 like turn whoever you want and how many you want..since we're not part of the camureala (idk how to spell that so correct me if you want) it means we can be the bad guy..maybe be part of that group of vampires that turned us in the mass embrace..even if mods aren't on console id still like to see that mod make a return for BL2

Depends on how the game will feel after release, for me. But from what we know so far and how everything looks and feels, the only thing I would like thus far is a 3rd person option/mod/mode.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, 3rd person has been covered at this point, so on the more total conversion/narrative side of mods, I'd personally like to see a Vampire the Requiem mod--either one that basically converts the game with its current narrative to be based on VtR, or one that creates a whole new scenario.

Reactions:
I was rethinking my choice lately ...
And i would love to see "blood consuming" mod. :3

I loved it in the first game, and realy wish to see it again.