Themed Lances (fluffy/fun starting mechs)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zeusbunnyears

First Lieutenant
Apr 29, 2018
I’ve been playing around a lot lately with the starting lance json when not running 3062 mod, and using “themed” lances. Here are a few I’ve done, I’d love to hear your suggestions and interesting lance ideas:

(I always like to throw in a heavy mech as well for fun)

FedSun
- Javelin, Commando, Blackjack DB, Enforcer, Hatchetman, Centurion, Jagermech, (if you want to have an easier starting run) Warhammer 6D

Kurita
- Jenner, Panther, Phoenix Hawk, Dragon, Catapult K2, Warhammer 6R

Liao
- Raven, Cicada, Vindicator, Phoenix hawk, Trebuchet, Cataphract

Steiner
- not quite sure, I’d avoid the hackneyed Steiner scout lance, but something involving griffins and heavier mediums

The Arthropods Lance: Locust, Flea, Spider, Crab, Grasshopper and King Crab.
The Military C Team: Commando, Centurion, Catapult and Cataphract.
The Scary B Team: Blackjack, Black Knight, Banshee and Bullshark.

Red Ones Go Faster: Locust, Spider, Cicada, Assassin, Dragon.

A red unit color scheme is, of course, mandatory.

Steiner?

Commando, Panther, Warhammer, Centurion Or no? Is there actually faction specific stuff?

Or no? Is there actually faction specific stuff?
Very few things are truly exclusive to any given faction, and rarely remain that way for long, because of BT's salvage culture. That being said, some units are rare outside of a specific faction, and even some widely distributed units are associated with a given faction because they're especially common there compared to other factions or are used more in their front line units instead of being relegated to planetary militias, either out of necessity or just because they're more enthusiastic about them.

Very few things are truly exclusive to any given faction, and rarely remain that way for long, because of BT's salvage culture. That being said, some units are rare outside of a specific faction, and even some widely distributed units are associated with a given faction because they're especially common there compared to other factions or are used more in their front line units instead of being relegated to planetary militias, either out of necessity or just because they're more enthusiastic about them.

Zeus is a Steiner concoction. Templar is Davion? Somethin like that. Warhawk is.....Smoke Jaguar?

Zeus is a Steiner concoction. Templar is Davion? Somethin like that. Warhawk is.....Smoke Jaguar?
Yes, the Zeus is uncommon outside of Steiner forces, though I believe they sell them to mercenaries under contract to them (the Dragoons and Kell Hounds got a bunch of them somehow), and recently (as of 3025) began trading them with the Davions because of their impending alliance.

The Templar was only manufactured by the Davions and I don't think was traded or sold much if at all, so is very rare outside of their forces.

The Warhawk was invented by the Jaguars and they were the most extensive user of it, but like most pre-Invasion Clan mechs, it can be found in decent numbers in pretty much any Clan because of how common salvage from trials is.

Last edited:
Yes, the Zeus is uncommon outside of Steiner forces, though I believe they sell them to allied mercenaries under contract to them, and recently (as of 3025) began trading them with the Davions because of their impending alliance.

The Templar was only manufactured by the Davions and not traded or sold much if at all, so is very rare outside of their forces.

The Warhawk was invented by the Jaguars and they were the most extensive user of it, but like most pre-Invasion Clan mechs, it can be found in decent numbers in pretty much any Clan because of how common salvage from trials is.

Maaaaan, ive been to the store on Merlin and there is no Zeus in that store. And do the faction stores every change? Ive let like 2-3 months worth of game time go by and its the same.

Clan Smoke Jaguar... indeed. : )

9B353D66-99F1-4B2D-BC9A-E3C50EC18AF2.jpeg

Clan Smoke Jaguar... indeed. : )

View attachment 529177

mmm, some people think that mech is fugly, I think it looks beasty and beautiful. Its ugliness makes it friggin sweet to me. Just a big, deadly box of doom. The 4 CERPPC help.

I cant wait till we get Clans in this game.

mmm, some people think that mech is fugly, I think it looks beasty and beautiful. Its ugliness makes it friggin sweet to me. Just a big, deadly box of doom. The 4 CERPPC help.

I cant wait till we get Clans in this game.
HBS’s “take” on ClanTech, Zellbrigen, Batchall and the various Trials would be fabulous indeed!

But as it appears to be working out, we may need to exercise more patience than we might have thought necessary just four short years ago when Jordan and Mitch first pitched to us, their hopes for the future of BATTLETECH.

Time will pass...

HBS will continue to develop games...

And in the fullness of time, I hope to see HBS pick up and move the BATTLETECH Timeline forward. (And in truth a stop off at the Fourth Succession War would be a welcome addition before advancing to the CLAN INVASION.)

And yes, of course, your mileage may vary. :bow:

Reactions: