• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
that is a just Stannis indeed...

Well, there is peace for the moment, but I cannot believe a peace between the south and the north will last. The idea of a united Seven Kingdoms will be a very hard one to kill.

Questioning Stannis' motives would be a safe bet for anyone in Westeros, he may be just but he is also ambitious and is willing to do anything to get what he wants.

Stannis on the Iron Throne, Robb with the Iron Crown.

A fitting "end" to the war. Now, to see if the Five Kingdoms prefer a Stag, a Lion, or a Rose.

Have the Falcons soared from their roosts yet? Equally, I cannot see the Kraken bow its head to a faraway throne that has not beaten it. As dishonourable as it may be, perhaps the North needs to cut off those tentacles. I am sure the Ironborn will deliver an excuse sooner, rather than later. House Stark needs a navy, after all.

House Arryn is still neutral at the moment, the young Lord Robin has not declared for any king as of yet. Also it is safe to say that we have not seen the last of the Ironborn...

Another good and interesting chapter:)

Thanks!

Reactions:
I don't even know how you convinced Stannis to take the deal.
This is the story that every asoiaf reader wanted to see take place; the Starks with an able means to acquire justice and stability, and maybe even a lasting peace after the fact.
My god, are you going to try to betrothe Bran or Rickon to Shireen? No, no, that'd be crazy...!? Marriage alliance between the two kings of Westeros...
Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next...!
Been subbed for a while, felt the need to comment though!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well that is Stannis. :D Let us see how long this peace lasts, since I doubt that Stannis wants to follow it forever.

I am curious what Dorne and the Iron Islands up too.

Dorne is still under the rule of Doran Martell (and are still neutral). As for the Iron Islands, we will here from them very soon indeed...

I don't even know how you convinced Stannis to take the deal.
This is the story that every asoiaf reader wanted to see take place; the Starks with an able means to acquire justice and stability, and maybe even a lasting peace after the fact.
My god, are you going to try to betrothe Bran or Rickon to Shireen? No, no, that'd be crazy...!? Marriage alliance between the two kings of Westeros...
Looking forward to seeing what's going to happen next...!
Been subbed for a while, felt the need to comment though!

It has been going almost too well hasn't it? If I were Robb I would be watching my back...

Also Bran and Shireen marrying would be soooo perfect!

Reactions:
Chapter 19
Chapter 19 - Snow! Snow! Snow!
Roslin

“Snow! Snow! Snow!” cawed the raven as it sat on the watchman's arm. Its black leathery wings were sodden as the snowflakes began to melt away, giving the bird a slick sheen like metal. It was blisteringly cold, with non-stop snow and freezing winds. Roslin had never been so cold and had wrapped herself in furs from head to toe, much to Sarra's amusement. Despite looking like a delicate Lyseni maid, Sarra was used to the brutal cold of the North. Her pretty nose was bright red, and so was her ears too, though it never seemed to bother her. A heavy fur coat was all she needed it seemed, even when Roslin warned her against the dangers of frostbite. The watchman with the raven was one of those that had accompanied Jon Snow to Winterfell, and he was unfurling a small scroll when Roslin and Sarra reared their horses next to him.

“What does the message say?” called Sarra through the howls of the harsh cold wind. The watchman turned and for a moment he frowned, probably angered at the notion of a stranger asking the contents of his private affairs. His frown disappeared though when he noticed Roslin, who, despite the many furs wrapped around her, was still noticeable to him.

He bowed slowly whilst trying to keep a hold of the raven. “Your Grace.” His voice was low and hoarse, more like a bear's growl than a man's voice.

Roslin lowered the fur scarf she had wrapped around her mouth so she could speak, though she soon regretted it when she felt the cruel wind freezing her lips. “Well met ser...”

“Rast. Your Grace. Though I am no ser.” The raven began to caw again, though this time there were no words, just the animalistic calls of a freezing bird. As Rast tried to calm the raven, Roslin's eyes turned to the small rolled up parchment in the watchman's hand.

“What does that scroll say?” Instantly Rast turned to Roslin and Sarra, his eyes deep with suspicion and caution. Little did he know that he had just confirmed the importance of the message itself.

“You can tell us” insisted Sarra as she puffed her chest up and fluttered her eyes, a charm offensive that would no doubt succeed on a man starved of female company.

“It's a message from the Lord Commander” answered Rast “It is meant for Lord Sno- I mean Jon, Your Grace.”

Ever since the Bastard of Winterfell had arrived with the news of Mance Rayder's march on the Wall, Roslin had felt a feeling of dread hanging over her. She didn't know why, he was in no way rude or hostile to her, and there was no way he could take Winterfell and the North from her children as he was a sworn member of the Night's Watch. She had tried to forget about but so far she failed to do so, and any reminder of him made her extremely anxious.

With the desire for knowledge no longer with her, Roslin decided to put an end the conversation. “Well then Rast, I suggest you get your message to Jon Snow as quickly as possible.”

The watchman looked anxiously at Sarra one last time before replying. “Yes, Your Grace.” With the raven still perched on his arm, Rast slowly cantered away on his horse and eventually, his black cloak was lost in the sea of white. When Roslin turned to Sarra she caught her with the classic sultry grin she would give to all would be conquests, it was a look that turned Roslin's stomach if only because she had seen her do it to Perwyn. The image of Perwyn and Sarra being locked in a carnal embrace had been burnt in her mind ever since.

“You shouldn't tease him,” Roslin said as she pulled up her fur hood.

Sarra rolled her eyes and shrugged. “What's wrong with teasing him, he probably deserves it.”

“Even if that is so, I don't want you to cause tension between us and the Night's Watch. We are allies, we should treat them so.” The reply Roslin gave didn't seem to please Sarra.

“Those men who man the Wall are not like your dashing knights or yore, Your Grace. They're murderers, thieves, rapers, the detritus of humanity that has been flung to the far edge of the world. They would happily sell you to Mance Rayder if it meant their freedom, but only after they had mounted you themselves.”

“I know that” replied Roslin sternly “but all the same we must be respectful. And I want no more talk of mounting and raping and...”

“Fucking?” responding Sarra with an impish grin.

“Yes!” Roslin shouted, half serious and half playful.

Sarra began to chuckle and whispered, “what about humping?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Roslin and Sarra had returned to the army they found them on the march once again, nearly twenty thousand men marching through mounds of snow all to protect the Wall. Making her way up the column of soldiers, Roslin eventually found Jon Snow and his compatriots quietly conversing with one another. Gently Roslin rode her horse next to Jon whilst trying to be as silent as she could.

“Did Rast get the message to you?” Roslin caused Jon to recoil in surprise, and for a moment he struggled to stay on his saddle.

“Yes he did, Your Grace” answered a perplexed Jon “he also told me you let him keep the contents private, and for that I thank you.”

“Well it was a private message, I had no right to read it.” Roslin's answer made Jon let out a slight smile, the first she had seen from him since they left Winterfell. Ever since she met the Starks Roslin was always told that it was Jon who resembled Ned Stark the most, even Robb admitted it. He claimed that Jon had inherited the looks, the personality, and the respect of their father, just not the family name. She always had the sense that Robb would have legitimised Jon if he asked for it, though if Jon was like his father perhaps he was too honourable to ask for such a thing.

The smile on Jon's face soon left, and talk turned to war. “The Lord Commander has sent me grave news. Mance Rayder's army has been sighted at the southern edge of the Haunted Forest, he says they will be at the Wall in two days.”

203770_20181124110658_1.png

“The Wall is tall and strong, it should hold out against them until we arrive.”

“I hope so, Your Grace. We must remember though, Mance was once a Black Brother like me, he swore the oaths and pledged his life for the Watch. He knows the ways to get in and out of the Wall, if anyone is going to take Castle Black, it's him.” Jon let a deep sigh and ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “I think I've had enough of talking about war, it's all I seem to do. Besides I want to hear how Robb's doing, I've not seen him for so long now.”

Roslin wanted to tell Jon how much she missed her husband, how every night she would yearn for his company, how much she missed his warm embrace. But she knew she couldn't, she was a Queen and wife and she had a duty to keep her private life private. “I do not know what he was like with you, but from the time I spent with him he was kind, headstrong, compassionate...and solemn.”

“I don't know how he does it when I heard of our father's murder I struggled to cope for a while. If it wasn't for my friends I doubt I would have got through it.”

“The war is his way of coping at least that's what I think he believes.”

“And do you?”

Roslin paused for a moment as she thought of an answer, not one that was right but one that was correct for the moment. She knew that is was folly, war for vengeance will never fill the hole that has been left in you. At the same time, she sensed that Robb knew that already, as did Lady Catelyn who's primary concern always seemed to be her two daughters. “It's not for me to say, Lord Eddard was not my father and I no not what it's like to lose someone that close in such horrifying circumstances. All I know is your father marched south for vengeance all those years ago and it didn't bring him solace.”

Jon nodded. “No, at the end of it his sister was dead and he had bastard to care for.”

You stupid bitch Roslin how could you have not foreseen that! Roslin began to panic in fear of insulting her brother-in-law. “Oh no, I didn't mean it like that-”

“I know you didn't, Your Grace, but that is the truth.” There were no words Roslin could think of to reply to Jon, and instead, she remained quiet and allowed the sounds of horse hooves and marching in the snow take over.

As the silence continued Roslin thought about why her feelings about Jon fluctuated so much and it was then she reached an epiphany. She was afraid, not of him personally but what he represented, the living proof of infidelity. By all accounts Lord Eddard was an honourable and just man who stuck to his vows, hardly the type to sire a bastard, and yet he did. If someone like Ned Stark could not resist the desires of the flesh, how could Robb? Roslin once heard her cousin Edmyn say that war makes a man thirsty for peace and pleasure and that the more carnal the pleasure was, the better. It was not like Roslin was innocent either, she felt the yearnings of pleasure ever since she had left Riverrun, and the longer she was apart from Robb the stronger that need was becoming.

“Your Grace!” Jon suddenly shouted as he pointed to the horizon “look!”

Appearing over the horizon was a large white block that ran across Roslin's entire field of view. It was the Wall and it was far larger than Roslin expected, in fact, it was so big that even thinking about standing on top of it made her feel queasy. “Wow...it's...”
Jon chuckled “That was my reaction as well when I first saw it.”

It was the deep into the night when the army finally arrived at Castle Black, and unlike it's larger counterpart, the castle was a shoddy sight to behold. Half of the buildings were ruins, and those that were garrisoned looked close to collapse. The watchmen themselves look less like guardians of the Seven Kingdoms and more like starving and freezing men at the end of the world. They watched her suspiciously as she rode into the castle and all she could think about was what Sarra had said they would do to her.

Accompanying her

was Jon, Ser Rodrik, and Lords Reed, Glover, and Ryswell. In the courtyard were ten members of the Watch, with a large old muscly man stood in front of them. Jon dismounted first, taking time to help Roslin off her horse before approaching the large man and bowing.

“Lord Commander may I present Roslin of House Frey, Queen of the North and of the Trident.” Jon stood and turned to Roslin “and Your Grace, may I present you Lord Commander Jeor Mormont of the Night's Watch.”

203770_20181124110648_211.png

When Lord Commander went to one knee the rest of his men followed. “Your Grace” the old bear growled, “Castle Black welcomes you and thank you for your assistance in such dire times.”

Roslin waved her hand upwards allowing them to stand. There was a time she would have been too timid to do such a thing, but those days were long gone. She had to learn to become a queen quickly, but she had done it none the less. “It's okay Lord Commander, it is the least we can do. The Watch has protected us for thousands of years, and now the North returns the favour.”

“And I thank you for it.” Once he had gotten to his feet, Jeor motioned to a small scrawny boy behind him, who scuttled to the Lord Commander and gave him a scroll before scurrying off again. “We have news, Your Grace, from the capital. It arrived only two hours ago, and I thought it may interest you.”

Intrigued, Roslin took the scroll from the Lord Commanders hand and looked at the seal. It was emblazoned with a stag in the centre of a flaming heart. She didn't need help to understand who's sigil that was. A wellspring of fear began to fill her as she unfurled it, only to be greeted with news she did not expect...

To all high lords of Westeros

The false king, Joffrey Waters, has been deposed, attainted, and punished for the crimes of murder, sedition, and attempted usurpation of the crown. His head now sits on a spike on the walls of the Red Keep, his debased nature for all to see. To ensure that Westeros lives in everlasting peace, a treaty has been ratified between the Iron Throne and the Kingdom of the North, securing peace and amity between both kingdoms. All those who reject the treaty are to be considered enemies of the realm and will be punished with the full strength of the law.

Signed,

Stannis of House Baratheon, the First of the His Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Robb of House Stark, the First of His Name, Lord of Winterfell, and King in the North and of the Trident.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
so bad for the Nights Watch... it has lost all the South for recruitment

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Starks now the North. Their watch never ends.

• 1Like
Reactions:
See, it sounds like the problems for the North are over. The Starks came out victorious, peace has been forged. Their enemies crushed...
So I'm left wondering what's coming next. Course, I might have a guess or two...
Robb Stark, balancing honour and pragmatism, probably won't find too many enemies within his own borders - least of all if he has decent enough relations between the Freys and Boltons.
So what's coming?

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is really good! I'm excited to see whats going to happen with the North now.

so bad for the Nights Watch... it has lost all the South for recruitment

The Night's Watch can still get criminals from the south but it may receive less of the nobility. Although with the way things are going there may not be a Night's Watch to return to.

Everlasting peace. Once again Stannis is proving that he is the funniest character in the series :D

:D

Stannis is arrogant to still keep calling himself the King of the Seven Kingdoms, since he has recognized Robb's rule of the North and the Trident.

The Stag is proud, as is it's nature, and there can be no doubt that it still hungers for what it believes is his.

See, it sounds like the problems for the North are over. The Starks came out victorious, peace has been forged. Their enemies crushed...
So I'm left wondering what's coming next. Course, I might have a guess or two...
Robb Stark, balancing honour and pragmatism, probably won't find too many enemies within his own borders - least of all if he has decent enough relations between the Freys and Boltons.
So what's coming?

So Robb and Stannis have won out and carved up Westeros between themselves.

Sounds like the right time for Dany or the Night King to come about with guns blazing.

For now the south is secure, it's to the north of the North that Robb should now turn his gaze to. As we know Mance Rayder and his wildling army is just a symptom of a far greater calamity that is heading straight for Westeros.

Reactions:
Chapter 20
Chapter 20 - A Coronation With Two Kings

Robb

It had been a week since Robb and Stannis had signed the Treaty of King's Landing and much to his consternation, Robb and his army were still in the capital. He had wanted to leave as soon as the treaty was signed, originally it was just to get out of King's Landing, but news from Winterfell made it imperative that the army marches back north. It turned out that the King Beyond-the-Wall was marching on Castle Black with an army of a hundred thousand men, if even half of that force made it past the Wall the North would be in dire trouble. However, before Robb could address the crisis in the North he had to endure one last trial in the south, Stannis' coronation.

Hundreds of lords, ladies, knights, and wealthy merchants were packed into the Great Hall of the Red Keep, with all of them jostling for the front row seats nearest the King. Luckily for Robb, he did not have to lower himself to such chaos for he and Sansa were the guests of honour and were sat at the very front of the hall, it was the first time since Aegon the Conqueror united the realm with dragonfire that two monarchs had been at a coronation.

It had been nearly a fortnight since Robb had rescued Sansa from the clutches of the Lannisters, and despite the healing of her physical wounds, her mental ones persisted as Robb knew they would. From the reports Robb had seen from those “questioned” by Lord Roose, Sansa was subjected to daily beatings and verbal harassment, however, these stopped once she was married to Joffrey, instead, new forms of torture emerged. The ill-born bastard used to loudly claim that “the Stag goes to rut with the Wolf!” whenever he had his guards drag Sansa to the bedchamber, at least according to the maids who served their vile king. When the Roose calmly relayed the horrifying claims made by members of the Kingsguard, household guard, and serving staff Robb felt like he wanted to slice the neck of every captured Lannister soldier he had, it was only after a nights rest that he had decided to belay the order knowing full well the shame it brings to House Stark. It was then that he knew that removing the bastard-king's head from his shoulders was the right thing to do, though Robb felt no solace from knowing he was dead.

It was high noon when the bugles sounded the arrival of the royal procession. Through the middle of two large crowds walked Stannis, who was dressed in a resplendent tunic woven with cloth-of-gold and featuring the prancing stags of House Baratheon, with nary a fiery heart or flaming sword in sight. Beside him was his queen, Selyse Florent, a plain looking woman with a noticeable scowl and mean pale eyes. Behind them, both was their child, the Princess Shireen, a small and timid girl who had been afflicted with greyscale at an early age. She had survived but her face was forever disfigured by the vicious disease.

At the bottom of the steps of the Iron Throne stood the woman who many claimed had bewitched Stannis during his seclusion on Dragonstone, and judging from her beauty it's hard not to see why. A follower of the foreign Red God of Essos, the red priestess had risen to become Stannis' most trusted advisor, and if the rumours were to be believed, his lover as well. When he reached the priestess, Stannis turned and faced the crowd, his face as stern and steadfast as the day he and Robb met.

“My lords, ladies, knights, and gentlemen” announced the priestess, her words echoing off the Great Hall's vaulted roof. “We are gathered here today to witness the crowning of the rightful king of Westeros, and chosen warrior of the Lord of Light. Despite attempts by those who wished to usurp his birthright, he is standing here as the victor, a true sign of the Lord's divinity!” Some of the more pious members of the audience cheered in response, though the majority remained silent. R'hllor was spreading in Westeros, but it was still a minority. The priestess held the fiery copper circlet that Stannis had worn during the signing of the treaty and held it above his head. “In the name of the Lord of Light, do you, Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of your Name, promise, pledge, and guarantee in the sight of the Heart of Fire that you will be the protector and defender of the realm in all ways useful to it, however many, in so far as you are supported by divine assistance according to your knowledge and ability?”

Stannis held his head high“ I do”

“Then I now proclaim you Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of your Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.” As soon as the crown sat on Stannis' head, the audience cried out in unison.

“Long may he reign!”

203770_20181124112215_1.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A feast naturally followed the coronation, and as the guest of honour, Robb was sat on the dais, with Sansa sitting below with the other ladies of Stannis' new court. Even among the beauties of the south, she stood out as being the fairest of face, though it was clear she was the timidest as well. Sat next to Robb on the dais was Lord Mace Tyrell, the portly Lord of the Reach and new master of coin. From what Robb saw of his large waist and his fancy clothing, Lord Tyrell probably knew more about spending coin than saving it.

“It is so good to meet you, at last, Your Grace,” Lord Tyrell said as he chewed on a sausage “I was deeply saddened to hear of your father's passing.”

Robb doubted that it was well known that his father had forced Lord Tyrell to end his siege of Storm's End, no doubt a humiliating defeat. “I'm sure you were, my lord” answered Robb with a feigned smile.

Oblivious to Robb's true feelings, the clueless Lord Tyrell nodded and shoved another sausage into his mouth. “Indeed. I was originally planning to rescue your sister and bring her to Highgarden for safe-keeping, but luckily you Northerners showed up first so there was no need.” Once he swallowed what was left of the sausage he sucked the grease from his fingers and dried them on a napkin. “It's good to know that we are now at peace and turn our minds to more pleasurable pursuits.” As if he was pleased with himself, Lord Tyrell picked up his tankard and began to gulp it contents down.

“That be the case for the south” Robb replied, “but in the North, we are still fighting.”

“Ah yes I have heard a little bit about this 'King Beyond the Wall'. Truth be told I find the title rather presumptuous.”

“As do I” replied a voice from behind them. When Robb and Lord Tyrell turned to see who had said it they were taken aback.

“Ah King Stannis, I did not see you there.” Lord Tyrell's timid words were in stark contrast to his proud bluster just a moment earlier.

“There should only be one- or should I say two kings in Westeros” Though quick to fix his mistake,
Robb knew he had done it on purpose, for Stannis was nothing if not deliberate and thorough. “Mance Rayder's mere prescience reduced our legitimacy as rulers.” Talk of legitimacy was an obvious way to intimidate, though Robb knew that within his own lands he held more legitimacy than Stannis did in say the Reach or Dorne. Besides the North knows how to deal with invaders.

“The North has been fighting the wildlings for thousands of years, we know who to defeat them.” Robb's confident reply didn't seem to impress Stannis.

“And in those thousands of years, you have failed to destroy them.”

Mace Tyrell shook his head in response to Stannis' jibe “I fear that you are being too harsh on His Grace-”

“Lord Tyrell” interrupted Stannis, “I thought I saw your cousin getting into trouble with Lord Tarly, perhaps you should intercede.” With the mention of Mace Tyrell's most powerful bannerman, he quickly shoved his chair back and got to his feet.

“Yes...Your Grace.” With a quick bow and a fast waddle, Lord Tyrell was off the dais and making his way through the crowd.

The empty seat next to Robb was quickly taken by Stannis, who even when sat towered over nearly everyone around him. He was imposing figure, that was without a doubt, but he wasn't a particularly inspiring one. Whether it was his constant frowning or his infamous misanthropic nature, he was not pleasuring to be around and Robb got the feeling that his supporters fought for him not because they loved him, but because it was out of necessity. The vast majority of lords under his command had first declared for Renly, and only switched sides when the youngest Baratheon brother was assassinated. It was not an ideal situation for a king to be in, especially when Tywin Lannister was still free and still had an army.

As the two kings observed the ongoing feast, Robb decided to see if Stannis would reveal how he was going deal with the Lord Lannister. “How will you deal with him?”

Stannis frowned “With who?”

“Tywin Lannister, he still remains at large.”

The balding king waved his hand in the air like swatting a fly. “He won't be an issue, in fact, he is currently preoccupied in his own lands at the moment.” When Stannis caught Robb squinting his eyes in confusion, one side of his mouth raised in what as close to smiling as you could get with him. “So you don't know? The Ironborn have chosen Victarion Greyjoy as their new king, and he has promised them the Westerlands. As we speak Ironborn longships raid Fair Isle and plunder the lands of the Crakehalls.”

203770_20181124112034_1.png

The Krakens and the Lions bleed each other dry, two birds with one stone. “Why fight them when you can let them destroy each other” Robb murmured as he took a sip from his goblet.

“By the end, they will be too weak to oppose me.” Laughter from the table below drew the two king's attention, and when Robb looked to see who's laughter it was he was pleasantly surprised. Sansa and two young Tyrell maids where seemingly deep in hilarious conversation, there faces beaming with childlike grins. “I see the Lady Sansa is getting better.”

“Yes, though it is going to take a long time. I fear she will never fully recover.”

“Your father and I were not friends, but what the Lannisters did to him and your sister was wrong. I assure you that if it was I who took the city first, your sister would have been safe.” She would have been safe yes Robb thought but she would have also been a hostage. Stannis was just but he was also ambitious, there was little doubt that he disliked the fact he had to let two of his kingdoms slip away. Robb knew that if he had to decide between independence and family he would have chosen the latter, and somehow he felt like Stannis knew too. It was House Stark's greatest strength and greatest weakness. Eventually, one of the Tyrell girls looked up and alerted Sansa to the two onlookers above when she saw Robb she smiled. “She is very pretty if it wasn't for the fact that I have a daughter rather than a son I may have upheld Robert's proposal of a marriage alliance.”

“Your Grace!” shouted a winded guard “Your Grace!”

“Yes what is it?” answered Stannis confidently.

The guard hesitated “N-not you, Your G-Grace.” He turned to Robb “You, Your Grace.”

Robb looked at Stannis, who was visibly gritting his teeth with anger, and the looked up at the guard “what is it?”

“A message has come from your commander of the guard, one Ser Lucas Blackwood. He says your presence is needed at your quarters immediately.” The guard passed a letter to Robb which displayed his own royal seal, the stamp for which was held in his quarters in the Tower of the Hand.

“Did he mention why?”

The guard shook his head. “No...” after a moment of reflection, the guard suddenly spoke up “well there was one thing.”

The guard's hesitation seemed to snap Stannis' patience. “Well spit it out man!” he shouted with undue anger “we don't have all day.”

The terrified guard quickly answered as if his life depended on it, his words becoming a jumble rather than a coherent line of words “Hemueredsoethinneofhismenoutwesterngirl.”

Robb stood up and put his hands on the man's shoulders in an attempt to calm him. “Just relax and slow down.” After a couple of seconds of the rapid breathing, the guard settled down “now just repeat what you said and slowly.”

Within a few seconds Robb would wish he hadn't heard what he did. “He muttered” replied the guard “something to one of his men about a Westerling girl.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note
Due to my busy schedule at the moment this chapter is half the size I planned it to be. Don't worry, the second half is going to be it's own chapter (and be expanded upon). The reason I decided to split it is because you guys would probably be waiting until next Saturday until you got another chapter, which I didn't really want to do. Anyway I hope you enjoy Chapter 20!

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well they make a fine pair of reluctant bedfellows. It won't be long before the those two houses find themselves at odds I reckon.

Reactions:
so... he married Roslyn, but a Westerling still appeared?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm actually a little pleased Euron isn't acting the Iron King. Let's face it, the CK2 mechanics - though awesome - hardly allow for all of Euron's asoiaf baddassery... no dragon-horns or shade of the evening for our game's Euron!
Victarion though... he translates well. Formidable captain and commander, likely popular... a genuine threat to be feared.

• 1Like
Reactions:
aww, no Euron or Asha as Iron King/Queen. Oh well. That comment about a westerling girl, who I bet is Jeyne, doesn't sound good.

Euron is currently having a fun old time in Essos at the moment, and has fathered nearly six bastards. As for the last part, well I couldn't possibly comment...;)

Well they make a fine pair of reluctant bedfellows. It won't be long before the those two houses find themselves at odds I reckon.

I agree, while war doesn't benifit either side at the moment (with Robb dealing with the threats beyond the Wall and Stannis having to bring peace back to his kingdom) I do feel that Stannis will not let sleeping dogs lie.

so... he married Roslyn, but a Westerling still appeared?

The very first event you get when playing Robb is whether to stay with Jeyne Westerling after having had sex with her, stay true to your marriage proposal to Roslin Frey, or forsake both of them. Obviously I chose Roslin in hopes of winning the WOFK but that doesn't mean that Jeyne is now out of the picture.

I'm actually a little pleased Euron isn't acting the Iron King. Let's face it, the CK2 mechanics - though awesome - hardly allow for all of Euron's asoiaf baddassery... no dragon-horns or shade of the evening for our game's Euron!
Victarion though... he translates well. Formidable captain and commander, likely popular... a genuine threat to be feared.

I agree actually, and it allows for some divergence from the canon material. Euron in CK2 is no where near as mental, maniacal, and eldrich as he is in the books (though admittedly it is probably impossible to make that happen in CK2). I will say that he is currently enjoying putting bastards in the bellies of every woman in Essos though. :p

Reactions:
Vic Greyjoy as the Iron King. Well that has to be the greatest thing to happen to him so far, hope he can outwit Stannis in Round 2 if the Baratheon ever wishes the Isles to bend the knee again.

A Westerling girl eh? Grim tidings on what's to come.

• 1Like
Reactions: