• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Woah, those are nice pockets!
Why not 'seppoku'?

But alas, the world should be won as swiftly as possible, for you to concentrate on other fronts.

wow, you've gotten quite a following Thundergate :)

The Japs should never have insulted the Khan by taking Guangzhou in the first place.

Whoaaa! I'm so touched by all the support!! :)
Enewald: My understanding hara-kiri is one way of Seppoku. Sure, need to complete china campaign but not easy with 20 divisions, north China gonna be a challenge with HUGE Japanese presence. But I think my problem is I only play Hoi2 3-4hours a week and an almost equal amount of time editing it for the AAR. Hence progress seems slow :p
Morlak & Hax: I'll put up the map of China after her annexation. In my current game, there is only one VP left but it is at a hard to get location :( Just need more time. Khan shall prevaillll!!

Nanjing... Mongols are coming!!

Within a span of a week, Lhumbe announced two major developments of the Mongolian Army!

May 30th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armements): Deep Operation Doctrine developed!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Deep into what?

Lhumbe (Armements): Err, deep into enemy hearts, Commander! To strike fear into their soul! Btw, our war industry is flourishing! IC is at 48/34!

2642techs.jpg

June 6th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armements): Improved Infantry Divisions engineered! Since I developed it in 1941, we shall call infantry equipped with this marvelous modern gear as Infantry ’41!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Superb, push all available resources to upgrade them!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Next two techs being researched are Early Hospital System and Basic Computing Machine.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I understand the first but not the second one, Mr! An abacus can already assist computation! And how can learning maths help us in war?!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Without that I was told by an astrologist, a very important machine called the computer shall never be realized. Without that, a alternative realm to reality called Hoi2 whatever that means shall never exist! I was warned that it means me and you and the Great Mongolia shall ceased from existence as well!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Holy Khan! That is a blasphemy for you to said that! That must not happen! Research it with utmost priority for Khan’s sake!!!!

June 7th, 1941
Mongol double pincer blitzkrieg zoom towards the direction of Nanjing by-passing Japanese positions at Nanping!

265nanping.jpg

Lt Gen Mindor (Keshik Korpus): Hey, our horses ran so fast that we overshot the Japanese army! :D

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Well, what else should we do than…. FINISH THEM OFF!!

And hence, 20,000 Japanese troops were annihilated in the Nanping pocket!

June 14th, 1941
With the zeal of Genghis, Mindro’s Keshik Korps rushed and seized Suzhou with blinding speed isolating the key port of Shanghai from the Nanjing, the capital of puppet China!

266suzhou.jpg

Lt Gen Mindor (Keshik Korpus): City of Suzhou is ours, Commander!! Our calvary didn’t faced any opposition as the Chinese command thought we’re still at Guangzhou, hahaha!! :rofl: The truth is we’re just next to them! :D

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great rush, Mindro!! You live up to my expectations! Khan shall be proud! We have recently engaged province of Jiujiang to envelope the air base at Nanchang two days back. More enemies shall fall!

June 17th, 1941
The Mongols move quickly to secure back a bridgehead on the north bank of Yangtze.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Got to cross at Anqing that is least defended first before more Japanese arrives!

267nanchang.jpg

June 19th, 1941
The Japanese antitank infantry garrisoned at Nanchang didn’t find much use of their anti-tank weapons as Mongolian divisions pounced on them from all sides.

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armija): It always excites me when we pocket them, they are so helpless. Just like fishing from an aquarium!

12,000 dead bodies and wrecked planes of Japanese Airforce were soon littering across the county of Nanchang.

June 24th, 1941
The final reckoning comes knocking on the successor of Chiang’s government. It shows them that, no-one could protect them nor can they run away from Mongols. Submit, or die!

268nanjingattack.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): The Chinese are so unprepared! They only have some armed bandits patrolling the street of Nanjing which they try to pass off as the army!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Fatal mistake for them! The massacre of Nanjing part II shall begin if they don’t give up soon! Attack!!

June 26th, 1941
Capital city of Nanjing falls to the Mongol hordes of Keshik Korpus who stormed from Suzhou in just two days from commencement of attack!

269nanjingposter.jpg

Lt Gen Mindro (Keshik Korpus): Commander, the calvary is entering the city! It is OURS!!! :D

270nanjingfall.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The Chinese backbone is broken for the 2nd time! The second Yuan Dynasty shall be realised soon! KHAAAAAAANNN!!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I can hear the victory cry from Ulan Bator!! Party time!!! :p

June 30th, 1941
Nyambuu (Intel): Before we throw a dinner banquet to celebrate the fall of Nanjing, can we have Shanghai as appetizer?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh yes! Eat them!! I was just busy at the assault on their new capital Hefei! Go ahead!

Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Armija): Let me have them!! I need some urban warfare experience! I’m after more collection of trophy traits on top of my Offensive and Mountaineer ;)

And with that, another ~20,000 Japanese men are eaten by the Mongol hordes!

271shanghai.jpg

In the glorious month of June, another three Japanese pockets are created and destroyed taking down 5 enemy divisions with it. Perfect! Southern China for all practical purpose is under Mongol control!

Last edited:
Can we see a big picture screenshot of China? Let's see how much more of China is still resisting the glorious Mongols. :D

Where is the Japanese navy? When i played Nationalist China they were constantly shore bombarding any battle near the coast. But that was in WiF, so it might be different in vanilla

Hax/Enewald: In my current game, China holds NO VPs :)
Myth: I'll post the full "Mongolian China" map either in the next update or the following one.
Pwn*Star: The IJN is lurking around off-coast. When I engaged Japanese unit at shore province, I would see navy units aiding them. I haven't decided to build my fleet of TPs yet because the IJN could do a devastating port strike either from carriers or Naval Bombers. Still figuring the timing and the risk. All China ports are hotzones for Japanese patrol.

Barbarossa!!!

Sokraates: It gonna get wilder with unlimited sushi! Enjoy! Haha! :D

Gonna be a longer update today since it is delayed from weekend...

July 1st, 1941

The Mongol hordes continue the sweep across China unabated! The China new capital Hefei fell to Choybalsan.

272fuyang2.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Mr Wang of the sorry state of China move his command center to Fuyang from Hefei!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): It is a pity for Hefei to enjoy the status of a capital for only 5 days but I am NOT merciful! I shall not be sympathetic to Fuyang either! Attack in 2 days!

And so, the fury is unleashed on Fuyang relentlessly on July 3rd and the Japanese forces are beaten off.

July 14th, 1941

Without warning, Hitler suddenly turns east towards Soviet!

273germandeclare2.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Oh no!! The nation of Germany has decided to increase their sphere of influence beyond Europe borders! :eek:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Into our area of influence! It looks like they harbor the same interest as us, to conquer the world!!

Amar (Head of State): We’re at war with them now as allies of Soviet! It is too late to pull out by now! Can Uncle Joe stand up against Hitler?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I am for sure believe the great expanse of land between German and Mongolia will save us. No one can breach all that distance as historically, only one has done it. Only Khan! Lord of Eurasia!

Amar (Head of State): So based on that logic is that only we can reach Germany when we want to and not the other way round. It means we’re safe!!!! :p

Nyambuu (Intel): The German war machinery is from another age! They are breaking thru Stalin’s frontline like hot knife thru butter! Hitler unleashed some beast of iron that are rampaging through the open Soviet steppes. And they are unstoppable!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Don’t worry! Only Mongol calvary can run from one end of Asia to the other and they have none of it. They will probably run out of steam halfway!

274barbarossa2.jpg

July 15th, 1941
Nyambuu (Intel): Stalin is transferring all his heavy war industry into Siberia. Hey, isn’t that where some Japanese are heading to? Opps, too late!! :eek:

July 19th, 1941
Fuyang capital has fallen after Choybalsan’s army occupy it and China moved their capital once again this time to Xuzhou which Choybalsan promptly attack as not to give Chinese a peace of mind. Meanwhile, further to the east…

Lt Gen Duudei (4th Korpus): The Chinese calvary from Nantong have fallen into a trap we sprung at Suzhou! Our militia have came from the enemy flank and captured Nantong, cutting off the calvary from the rest of China! I’m engaging them!

275suzhoutrap2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Very good! Not all calvary are created equal. Our are conquerers, all other nations are good for horse meat!

July 30th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armaments): Our first infantry’41 upgrade in the field is completed! Battle gears renewed for 5th Korpus in Dadu!

276first19412.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Lucky for your 5th Korps, Lt Gen Tsendenbal! Now, just make sure Dadu doesn’t ever fall to Japanese despite being outnumbered! Lhumbe, make sure the rest of the Mongolian army is updated as well in no time!

Aug 2nd, 1941
Nyambuu (Intel): Commander, evil Japanese elements have landed in South China. We only have our Soviet allies there! Hopefully they can hold on!

277haiponglandings2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Not a major concern to me! From how I interpret the situation, the Japanese have themselves created a pocket for us to destroy, hahahaAA! :rofl:

Nyambuu (Intel): Wow, you’re just evilly brilliant! :)

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Once winter arrives and when I expect a stalemate in North China, we shall move some of our army south to deal with them. Perhaps it is time to take on Siam at the same time. They invited me! Sorry for them!!! Muahahaha!! :rofl:

Aug 6th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armaments): Our war industry prowess has reached a new level of 56/40!!

278thirdtech2.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): So what it means, Lhumbe?

Lhumbe (Armaments): It means we have enough resource to start a third military research team! We are getting more advance by the day on all fronts!!! We shall start by working on our calvary technologies!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great! We need to ensure our brave horsemen get the best!

Aug 8th, 1941
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): More troop divisions for you Choybalsan! That is the reward of conquest!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The more troops you give me, the more land I can get for ourselves!

Aug 17th, 1941

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Time to get another of your favorite calvary! We cherry picked the best experienced calvary from Soviet to ensure they are on par with Mongol’s high standard!

279trades2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): This is great news! We should deal & bargain to acquire all calvary divisions from the Soviet stables!

Aug 20th, 1941
A time to pocket again in Central China…

280pocket2.jpg

Lt Gen Mindro (Keshik Korpus): Commander, we finished encircling the Japanese forces by capturing Nanyang.

Nyambuu (Intel): We scoop another 3 divisions!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great, with this pace, we gonna run out of Japanese to pocket soon enough!

Aug 20th, 1941
The UK puppets Persia, an important pathway for Mongol to the west!!

281persiapuppet2.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Whoa! Didn’t UK has enough puppets already?! They are interfering with our long term plans!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): That makes them a future enemy for sure! The region of Persia obviously belongs to the Khanates!

Aug 28th, 1941
Situation: Two Japanese divisions in Xi’an with a third division retreating into it. The Xi’an pocket must be created!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We need to cut off the proud Japanese divisions in Xi’an. The deeper they penetrate inland, the easier we chopped them off!

Lt Gen Mindro (Keshik Korpus): To north, to Changzhi! When it falls, Xi’an is finished as they will be trapped!

282xianpocket2.jpg

Before the Changzi could be captured, Soviets begin to attack the hapless divisions in Xi’an who retreated across the Yellow River towards Changzhi.

Lt Gen Mindro’s calvary obviously captures Changzhi first so all the total three Japanese divisions that who painstakingly cross the great river and up the mountains of Changzhi will eventually meet death anyway at the rifles of waiting Mongolian marksmen!

The central China pocket is left to Soviets to finish off as Choybalsan’s army headed east towards the objective of Jinan. A total of another 7 divisions to be/has been bagged!

How many divisions serve in the glorious Mongolian army? And how is the German DOW changing the Soviet plans?`Are they withdrawing many troops to the west front?

May your victories be everlasting, and may your horses never run out of fuel! :)

The way things look, there isn't much left of China or the Japanese industry. After you have finished mopping up in Chine, you shouldn't have any problems in former Manchuria. So maybe it's time to plan ahead and teach your horses how to swim. :D

China' nearly entirely subjugated, most excellent! How worried are you about the Germans? :p