• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Won't the Russians run into trouble with Germany soon? Or is that part of your plan? ;)

1 Manpower? :)

What happened with Indochina?

I am using the MP as it is generated :D Highly efficient! I buy units as it cost less MP, I do not build. So the MP is used for for replenishing strenght of purchased divisions. Need at least minimum of 5.5MP to fully man each infantry division.
Luckily Soviet could could hold the position north of Indochina. As a matter of fact, Soviet step manage to drive south a little but didn't get far.

Modo said:
Won't the Russians run into trouble with Germany soon? Or is that part of your plan?

Well, let it be. I somewhat do not think German AI could really push all the way to Mongolia. At most I expect BP to trigger and Mongols just continue conquering rest of Asia for Khan. :D
As for Japan, I gonna do a rear attack if they drive in too deep into Siberia. Cut 'em off you know. But the challenge is the # of Japanese divisions there is numerous! Hopefully by Dec '41, Pearl Harbor triggers and some of them get shipped elsewhere!:p

Enewald/Hax/Pwn*Star: Yes, major progress has been made in the south. There are more pocketssSSS to come! :D

Great AAR Thundergate.!

I'm very new to HoI2 and this is has really peaked my interest.

Thanks for writing it ! Keep up the good work. and good luck !

Oh, I sure needs more luck! ;) Japanese and probably the Axis and eventually the Allies are very BIG opponents!! :eek:

alexon47 said:
how do you buy units so often, and so inexpensively? whenever i try to get anything worth buying, it ends up costing me far more then actually building said unit, the only time i do it is with ships and high tech aircraft, cause it just doesnt work on an infantry/cavalry level

Buying two infantry divisions at a time cost me 5k supplies plus 3k to 4k oil at 40-50% chance. If deal fails this week, try the following week, you have almost 1 in 2 chance of getting success. Also, make sure you're at +200 relations. I don't build anything (except convoys and militia at the start) so my supplies keep stockpiling and my entire army are practically on offensive supply all the time. I only buy divisions because it costs less manpower and gives me flexibility due to limited IC and manpower. There is no way I can sustain a string of infantry build when IC and available manpower levels fluctuates. Interruption of a production build for more than a day resets all gearing bonuses.
It cost the same when purchasing a division with or without brigade so always buy the former! Brigade if you do not need it can be disbanded to give you back manpower. So a 10.0 manpower infantry when purchased need on 8.0manpower to heal to max strength. But if you disband its brigade such as engineer, it returns another 2.5 manpower to your pool resulting an effective manpower cost of only 5.5! With this method, Khan's Mongol army if probably 25% larger than if direct build method we used. ;)

Dinner time!

Jan 11th, 1941

Central Yangtze Industrial Belt falls to the raging hordes! Just looks at the irresistible resources, industry and also new recruits, new believers of Khan!

245yangtzeic.jpg

Jan 27th, 1941
Dinner is going to be serve soon! The pocket is closing! There shall be NO Falaise gap here for the Japanese. All trapped shall be sushied!
Harassing attacks on Guangzhou begins on Jan 27th!

246nooseclosing.jpg

Gen Luvsan: Why don’t we just storm Guangzhou now?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We need to focus on our objectives that is to complete the encirclement to the south. TO the coast once more! We only need to beat back any Japanese forces that is attempting to garrison Guangzhou using a corps size army. The rest must cross Pearl River to create the west pocket!

On Jan 28th, elements of the Mongol army attack Maoming to reach the sea.

Nyambuu (Intel): Japanese have begin to react to our presence in central Yangtze and is mounting counter-attacks. Our hordes got to move quickly!

Jan 30th, 1941
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The true axis of evil is formed! Our enemy Japan and not so friendly Italy and OMG, Germany has joined hands!

247tripartite.jpg

Amar (Head of State): This doesn’t look good, not good at all! I thought Mr Hitler is nice to Uncle Joe! This is treacherous!

Feb 11th, 1941

Nyambuu (Intel): Danger! Japan captured Changsha and is pushing on to Zhuzhou, risk cutting off about 50,000 of our men! We have just deployed two new division lead by newly minted Lt Gen Lyibangryyan to Pingxiang and this happens! He is with another two division that has regrouped from Japanese advance in Changsha.

248promote.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The 6th People’s Korpus in Wuchang have no chance of retreat, de-mobilize them so they melt away into the population and into the hills! This is a DISBAND order!

Lt Gen Irgel: Oh no! My militia army! Boo-hoo-hoo!!:(

And thus, the militia division of Mongol 6th People’s Korpus is disbanded.

Lt.Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Korpus): I am a handsome dashing man with special Offensive powers! Can you promote me? ;)

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): What the f@#$^% for??! You haven’t proof yourself in enough battles yet!

Lt.Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Korpus): I have 4 divisions here and I can only command three for some unknowing reasons. The fourth division will not really listen to me! But with greater power, comes greater responsibilities, I’m sure you heard of this phrase before i.e. I can have more men under my command! Need to beat back the Japanese you know! :D

Nyambuu (Intel): We may have to promote him, else who may lose him and all four divisions!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): This is blackmail but I have no choice! *grumble* Behold! The 4th General in the Mongol army! General Lyibangryyan with so called spider power… I mean offensive power!

With newly bestowed powers of a full General, Lyibangryyan prestige surge sky-high allowing more troops awed by the event to follow his orders effectively!

Gen. Luvsan: That young punk is same rank as me and I work 30 years longer. Dang!! #^%%*^!!! :mad:

Feb 11th, 1941

Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Armija): We need to rush to Zhuzhou to prevent being cut-off by advancing Japanese forces from Changsha. But first attack Hengyang and try to capture it so that we may have a secondary backup escape route in case Japs manage to cut off our current escape gap.

249zhuzhou.jpg

The 7th "Armija" with their new General and 3rd Mongol Korpus attacks Hengyang with the latter attempting to capture it. The 7th Armija breaks off attack immediately after victory to rush advance to secure the precarious hold of Zhuzhou reaching it on Feb 21st stopping Japanese advance!

Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Armija): Whew! We made it, I have saved 40000 men and earned my rank as a General! :D

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Good job, General! I gonna give you the tough nuts to crack from now on! I sure can make use of your special Offensive Powers!

Feb 11th, 1941

Meanwhile, to the south, Choybalsan is having action of his own. After crossing the Pearl River, the naval-base at Zhanjiang is recaptured and the rush to take Qinzhou begins, the last piece of the task before “dinner”. Two Japanese garrisons were destroyed in the process!

250southencircle.jpg

Feb 27th, 1941

Gen. Luvsan 2nd Armija completed the last step of the encirclement isolating 3 Japanese divisions!

251zoomin.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): It is DINNER TIME! Munch on all the sushi you can! In the name of Khan!! It is Khan’s will!

The outcome is clear. Death for Japanese is inevitable!

Last edited:
A most excellent pocket! Even if not many Japanese troops were in there, it still shortens your front considerably in that area.

Khaaaaan.jpg

"KHAAAAAN! :D

Great progress, i bet those Japs are shitting themselves ;)

HOLY KHAN!!! I could hear the picture shouting it out! So real and fullll of expression! A believer of the way of Khan!!! :D

The 2nd pocket did not pocket as many Japs as I thought. The whole two-pocket offensive bagged total of 8 Jap divisions. I later realise where they went to... vicinity of Guangzhou! More dinner coming up! Korea is for dessert :D

Guangzhou for eternity!!

Mar 2nd, 1941
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Germany looks like they rather use more guns than pens these days!

252yugowar.jpg

Amar (Head of State): As long Hitler keep his aggressive practices in Europe ONLY, I am fine! Else I consider him interfering within OUR sphere of influence! The world belongs to Mongol if he has forgotten!

Mar 10th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armements): Finally we learn how to fly combat mission with the learning of Air Superiority Doctrine!

Ulanhu (Chief of Airforce): Really! Yes, we can finally fly!!! We better take off before the bombers rust to dust on the tarmac!

253airsuperb.jpg

Lt Gen Smushkevich: It has been a loooooooong wait! You guys has been too long rooted to the ground and your horses!

Mongol first ever air sortie in history was immediately carried out bombing a hapless Japanese division in the south China pocket, in the province of Kaili.

Lhumbe (Armaments): We shall proceed with Deep Operations Doctrine!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Five more blueprints for you! Make all the researches quick!

March, 1941
With the southern Japanese pocket destroyed, Mongol armies raced towards Guangzhou that has beginning to take in Japanese reinforcement suspected directly from sea transport. The battle for Guangzhou begins in earnest. In the month of March alone, 7 battles were fought alone!

254guangzhouattack.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Guangzhou shall be ours and no Japanese shall ever take it away from my hands again!

Concerted focus by the Mongol on objective on Guangzhou leads to the inevitable to the Japanese Southern Command.

The brutal battle in the city wrecks the city and the inhabitants. Chinese casualties piles the streets killed in the crossfire.

255guangzhouposter.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That’s the punishment for us becoming a puppet of Japan! Mongol is your master! Eternal master!

Guangzhou fall to Mongol on March 26th, 1941. Japanese tries to retake it with attacks from 4 directions!
Quick thinking by Mongol 7th Armija’s General Lyibangryyan helps situation by counter-attacking the Japanese forces at Ganzhou forcing them to withdrew their attack on Guangzhou!

256guangzhoufalls.jpg

Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Korpus): Die you bas****s! I have Offensive traits and not gonna stay idle!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great move, General! Your promotion has not been in vain!

Japanese multi-prong attack falters ensuring the fate of Guangzhou remains in Mongol’s hand!

Nyambuu (Intel) : We got a large retreated Japanese force just outside Guangzhou at Bao’an! They must be vanquish!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Consider that done! Time for a banquet of sushi soon!!! :D

Morlak: That Khan vidoe is great, i have actually forgetten that scene... has been tooooo long! :)
Enewald: Guangzhou main prize is actually not IC but MANPOWER!! That city (rated 17 manpower) increase my daily manpower by 0.2!! No-no to Soviet control, it will be like playing Soviet :p
Thx for all the replies!

Haha, i see that my Khaaan! pic inspired you to post the video Morlak :D Nice find.

What is your next important goal? Nanjing? Or are there other important provinces nearby, i can't remember.

Pockets of slaughter!

Pwn*Star: Nanjing...of course! ;) the tri-urban provinces of Nanjing, Shanghai & Suzhou!

Back to the bloody front...

March 30th, 1941
Advance by 7th Armija into Ganzhou results in heavy fighting in the South China mountains and General Lyibangryyan gains new fame as a Mountaineer!

257newtrait.jpg

Gen Lyibangryyan (7th Armija): Wow!! With all the fighting, I gain the Mountaineer trait on top of my natural Offensive instinct! Handsome young men like me are always successful! Hahahaa! :D

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armija) : Snort!! He’s rising too fast! :mad:

Apr 2nd, 1941
Meanwhile to the north in Beijing, the 5th Korpus led by Lt Gen Tsendenbal tries to beat back Japanese advance in vain.

258dadudefence.jpg

Lt Gen Tsendenbal (5th Korpus): It is better off if we just holed ourselves up in Dadu without venturing out of the city walls. There is no way we can push off Japanese who outnumber us 5 to 1!

Apr 12th, 1941
Ganzhou falls trapping an engineering Japanese division in Shaoguan which is promptly dispatched to hell by Choybalsan!

259enveloping.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh, just die will ya! I got bigger fish to catch later! Don’t waste my time!

This is followed by a quick left hook towards Xiamen by Keshik Korpus to ensure that no Japanese escape the dragnet!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Attack Shantou next, we need to trap the Japanese army that is recuperating on the shores of Bao’an!

Gen Luvsan(2nd Armija): Brilliant idea commander! The whole southern Japanese army will be wiped off!

May 3rd, 1941
Shantou fell to Mongol encircling 6 enemy divisions in Bao’an! That includes Southern Command HQ!!! All Japanese Imperial officers and their Chinese puppet officials are trapped!

260baoan.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Commander, we caught the Japanese with their pants down. They thought we never have the strength to strike off the finishing blow. They believes their navy will send them infinite reinforcement! They are so wrong!!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): I want all butchered! I mean ALL!!! Give the signal to attack! Mercy to none!!!!

The Japanese isolated enclave were hopelessly outmaneuvered and outnumbered by the hordes of terror! Even their elite marines, artillery backed infantries and command HQ could not salvage the situation.

Bao’an fell with almost 70,000 enemy men lost. Mongolians were triumphant! Senior Japanese officers retreated to the rear not to run away but to commit what is necessary to salvage their lost honor. Hara-kiri time!

261harakiri.jpg

Gen Luvsan: Hey, they disembowel themselves before I can get to them to decapitate their head off! They steal the fun from me!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We won a great victory but must not rest on our laurels. We still got more Japanese to pocket!

May 14th, 1941
Keshik Korpus instead of capturing Xiamen as planned turn further east to take Quanzhou to ensure no retreated Japanese army in Xiamen have an escape route.

262xiamenpocket.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh yes, yummy2! More sushi for our troops!!! :D

And hence another three divisions of 36,000 Japanese became sushi in no time. Japanese is losing grip of Southern China fast to Mongol blitzkrieg!

THREE JAPANESE POCKETS IN ABOUT A MONTH PERIOD BAGGING 120,000 ENEMIES! IT’S A PERFECT MONTH! :cool:

Meanwhile in foreign matters from April-May 1941,
Apr 26th, 1941
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Great Khan! Hitler finishes off Yugo in less than 2 months!

Amar (Head of State): And created a new country, Croatia! More like a puppet! But it is so small that our horses could race from one end of the border to the other while you’re gobbling up your dinner.

263annexs.jpg

May 25th, 1941
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Greece has became part of Italy!

Amar (Head of State): Looks like Greek like Italian spaghetti! Any country loving to drink horse milk and blood can join Mongolia! :p