• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aleksidze said:
Good thing that I had a nostalgia attack and saw this thread :D

EU2WATK -> Vicky Converter Files
http://rapidshare.com/files/103699660/Eu2Vic4WATK.rar.html

Thank you very much for posting them, however they doesn't work for me. The conversion is made but it fails to load the game in Vicky. Are the files for Revolutions or maybe a file is missing?

Well I'm trying to load WATK 3.11 on a Mac and everything goes just fine until right before the "initializing script" step as the WATK scenario loads. I keep getting monarch file errors. Does anyone have another download source or some place I can get monarch files for this.

The specific error is:

"critical error could not open db/monarchs/monarchs.koi"

I performed a clean install of EU2, patched to 1.09 and transferred all files from WATK, got the error and reinstalled everything. Each time it errors out on the monarchs.koi file.

Last edited:
Are you sure that's the actual error? Since such a file is not supposed to exist at all, neither within watk nor clean eu2... There is no KOI-tag after all... As such I have no clue what ought to solve your problem but I don't think it is caused by the mod itself... Do modified maps actually work on a Mac anyway?

Are you sure that's the actual error? Since such a file is not supposed to exist at all, neither within watk nor clean eu2... There is no KOI-tag after all... As such I have no clue what ought to solve your problem but I don't think it is caused by the mod itself... Do modified maps actually work on a Mac anyway?

Sorry it is monarchs.kas and the error occurs almost at the end of the WATK load; green bar almost full, initializing scenario stage, just before the final initializing script stage.

Yes I'm almost certain modified maps work on a Mac so long as it is EU2 1.09 and the files are in Rar format instead of being an executable (Macs on OSX can't run .exe files). There have been many Mac users in this forum that have loaded MyMAP as well as the slightly modified (some PIT removed from map) map in the Deluxe AGC-EEP mod. Although I do know that the AGC-EEP monarch file has issues on Mac as well. They had to make up a separate download of just the leader and monarch files to make AGC-EEP run on a Mac.

If you have just an Rar of the monarch file it might help.

AFAIK AGCEEP has separate monarchs for Mac BTW. Check the website. Unsure about WATK, but this may be a similar problem.

That's what I'm afraid of. I downloaded the monarch file from AGCEEP to take a look, but of course I would need the monarch file for WATK 3.11 or perhaps a download location for watk 3.1 since the one on the front page is dead.

Does anyone have the watk 3.11 monarch file in RAR? A link to a download for watk 3.1 might also be useful so I can try using watk 3.1 or at least the monarch file from 3.1.

Uhum, so do I understand correctly that on Mac it doesn't work to refer directly to a different monarchtable than based on the tag? In that case I'd say the easiest fix would be to simply remove the offending line ( monarchtable = "db\monarchs\monarchs.kas") from 1419_u22.inc. That should fix that particular problem and there is a monarchs.u22 file available in the file (with Jammu-monarchs iirc).
You might wish to do the same for 1419_tan.inc since it also used monarchtable.

Uhum, so do I understand correctly that on Mac it doesn't work to refer directly to a different monarchtable than based on the tag? In that case I'd say the easiest fix would be to simply remove the offending line ( monarchtable = "db\monarchs\monarchs.kas") from 1419_u22.inc. That should fix that particular problem and there is a monarchs.u22 file available in the file (with Jammu-monarchs iirc).
You might wish to do the same for 1419_tan.inc since it also used monarchtable.

Thanks that did it. I figured it was just a matter of removing something, but I didn't know where to look or what to remove. WATK 3.11 works like a charm on my Mac now; thanks again to both you and cool-toxic for the tips

I installed just as it asked, and everything seems fine, however with columbus on sections of the map are still incoginta. That is, sections of provinces in india, south america etc contain provinces, entire countries, which I can see the city icon for, declare war on and enter, but can not visibly see the provinces of...