• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
canonized said:
CK->EUII->WATK->Vicky/Ricky->HOI2DD Making for one of the best GC experiences ever . And since I think your map is a million times better than what we recieved in the vanilla and derivatives (I still love you Paradox , I swear) , I'd like to have that link in the chain be your map . Unless the CK-WATK project is already under works somewhere ?
As I already posted before, the way in which both CK->EU2 convertors are programmed, one can simply modify the conversionfiles in notepad to make a proper CK->WATK conversion. Making a separate EU2->WATK conversion within the chain gives two significant problems which make it a total waste of time:
1. You'd have to write an actual conversion-program, which would still require its own conversionfiles - therefor twice the amount of work as compared to simply mod the conversionfiles of the existing CK->EU2 convertor
2. You would see an additional loss of data in the process - a conversion is never precise 1->1. You lose information when converting from CK to vanilla EU2 since that has less provinces/cultures. And you would not recreate it by converting that again to WATK (and in fact even lose some more)

canonized said:
CK->EUII->WATK->Vicky/Ricky->HOI2DD Making for one of the best GC experiences ever . And since I think your map is a million times better than what we recieved in the vanilla and derivatives (I still love you Paradox , I swear) , I'd like to have that link in the chain be your map . Unless the CK-WATK project is already under works somewhere ?

Speaking of CK->WATK converters, I'm about a quarter of the way through adapting King of Men's converter for use with WATK.

Kasperus, there are three things I would like from you:

1. A full list of all the new nations;
2. A list of what cultures you've changed, and what you've changed them into (Jylland has hawaiian culture according to province.csv :confused: )
3. A list of all provinces that go protestant/reformed.

It would be a huge help if I had those lists, but if you can't, it's no problem. It'll just take longer, that's all.

Changed cultures:
Code:
ITALIAN;north italian
GERMAN;austrian
ARABIC;arabic
IBERIAN;castillian
GAELIC;scottish (meaning lowland scottish)
SCANDINAVIAN;swedish
AZTEK;mexica
INDIAN;sinhalese
SIKH;punjabi
GEORGIAN;caucasian
CANARY;portuguese
HAWAIIAN;danish
MADAGASQUE;macedonian (meaning bulgarian)
DYOLA;nilosaharan
MELANESE;mossi
ABORIGIN;native
HURON;bavarian
CHEROKEE;franconian
CREEK;markish
NAVAJO;low saxon
DAKOTA;upper saxon
SHAWNEE;swabian
DELAWARE;silesian (as in slavic silesian, incl. slavs in 'Germany')
LAOTIAN;central asian
CAMBODIAN;rajputan
ASHANTI;haussa
ALEUTIAN;arpitan
MESOAMERICAN;mon
MISSISSIPPIAN;cham
ABENAKI;venetian
NASKAPI;south italian
INUIT;central italian
CREE;catalan
CARIBBEAN;gaelic
GUAJIRO;flemmish
PATAGONIAN;occitan
AMAZONIAN;norse
TEREMEMBE;irish
TUPINAMBA;brettonic
MATACO;kam-tai
UKRAINIAN;uighur
SYRIAN;turkmen
ALTAI;tatar

New countries (I might miss one or two here...) Quite obviously I replaced some CK-convertor countries which didn't make much sense to me by new one's in Asia mostly. Further also a list of tags that are 'removed' - that is they show as FREE in the game when you use the tag...
Code:
ABB;Ahmadnagar
ALE;Jaunpur
ALM;Bijapur
ALT;Golconda
APU;Berar
AYY;Jaisalmer
BAE;Bastar
BEA;Bundelkhand
COI;Chiengmai
CRG;Chernigov (this one was probably in EU2 but iirc CK's Chernigov was 'mispaced' as Cherson for some reason...)
DAM;Demak
HAM;Haihaya
JUT;Jaipur (since vanilla used JAI for Jodhpur)
KRE;Thanjore
KUS;Madurai
LEO;Multan
MES;Mewar
NAF;Gondwana
PET;Prussia (meaning the Duchy of East-Prussia)
POD;Masovia
POI;Purhepecha
PRU;Brandenburg-Prussia
RAG;Montenegro (as I did not use Ragusa in watk)
SEL;Oppeln
SEV;Oels
SIL;Brieg-Liegnitz
SUZ;Yaroslavl
SYR;Mataram (since MTR was used for the hindu Majapahit)
TAN;Bantem
THE;Bali
TOX;Tonga
U00;Belgium
U01;Romania
U02;Liberia
U03;Canada
U04;Venezuela
U05;Chile
U06;Bolivia
U07;Paraguay
U08;Ecuador
U09;Uruguay
U10;Central American Republic
U11;Guatemala
U12;Nicaragua
U13;Honduras
U14;San Salvador
U15;Costa Rica
U16;Berg
U18;Dominican Republic
U19;Najd
U20;Trier
U21;Nassau
U22;Kashmir
U23;Mongolia
U24;Lanka
U25;Jolof
U26;Wagadugu
U27;Kano
U28;Kanem Bornu
U29;Oyo
U30;Buganda
U31;Adal
U32;Katsina
U33;Mogadishu
U34;Ternate
U35;Nepal
U36;Sindh
U37;Travancore
U38;Shan
U39;Khandesh
VAL;Gwalior

The following tags will show up with the name 'FREE' in the game:
ART, CNW, CRD, CUM, EDE, FAT, IST, KHM, KIE, KRN, LAN, MEA, MSK, PRT, ROM, SWA, TOU, U17, VER, ZEE

protestant:
Code:
241	York
245	Lincoln
246	Gloucester
247	Essex
249	Wessex
250	Cornwall
251	Skåne
252	Småland
253	Västergötland
254	Svealand
255	Akerhus
256	Bergenhus
257	Bergslagen
258	Trøndelag
259	Helgeland
260	Lappland
261	Finnmark
263	Österbotten
264	Nyland
265	Viborg
266	Kexholm
273	Tavastland
276	Estonia
282	Livonia
283	Curonia
284	Wilna
290	Ostpreussen
301	Pomerelia
302	Hinterpommern
303	Poznan
304	Vorpommern
305	Mecklenburg
306	Holstein
307	Sjælland
308	Gotland
309	Jylland
310	Hannover
311	Magdeburg
312	Brandenburg
313	Neumark
314	Liegnitz
317	Karpatalja
323	Transylvania
329	Sudety
331	Meissen
332	Leipzig
335	Oldenburg
336	Bremen
341	Västerbotten
342	Finland
347	Wuerzburg
351	Nieder-Oesterreich
354	Banat
369	Steiermark
372	Stuttgart
381	Jämtland
512	Erfurt
840	Breslau
881	Oels
923	Ostergotland
930	Fyn
1003	Sumava
1008	Eidsiva
1009	Latgalia
1420	Wismar
1466	Iceland
1469	Halsingland
1914	Faeroer
1915	Orkney
1916	Oxford
1931	Nuertingen
1933	Nuernberg
1935	Lueneburg
1936	Braunschweig
1937	Westfalen
1938	Slesvig
1939	Coburg
1940	Lausitz
1941	Berlin
1942	Wittenberg
1945	Kujawy
1947	Bohus
1963	Osel

reformed:
Code:
236	Gaidhealtachd
237	Alba
238	Lothian
239	Argyll
240	Northumberland
244	Midlands
248	Sussex
289	Samogitia
299	Malopolska
324	Szegedin
328	Cechy
333	Kassel
338	Gelre
339	Holland
340	Zeeland
345	Pfalz
346	Mainz
352	Veszprem
353	Buda
380	Flandres
388	Bern
407	Dauphiné
412	Maine
417	Poitou
418	Saintonge
419	Limoges
422	Languedoc
423	Guyenne
425	Armagnac
837	Berwick
1418	Darmstadt
1612	Schwyz
1927	Zwolle
1928	Geneve
1929	Graubuenden
1934	Nassau
1950	Varad

I know this is english forum, however Kasperus has full mailbox and this is a private message

czesc
nie wiem co masz na mysli piszac o pomocy w sprawie tych nowych krajow dla mapy do EU3 (historyczni wladcy, pliki z historia?), ale dla cieszyna dla potrzeb mymap zrobilem liste historycznych wladcow. czy chcesz, zeby ci ja przeslac? mysle, ze w sprawie ksiestw slaskich na forum eufi ktos sie zglosi, ktos widzialem nawet tworzy mod o nazwie "polsie maluchy" w ktorym jest jeszcze wiecej ksiestw slaskich.
Nie mam eu3 i dlatego musze to napisac tutaj (niestety nie pojdzie na moim laptopie, ale sciagnalem demo i moge podejrzec jak wygladaja pliki)
ryba

Does the EU2->Vic converter on the first page work for WATK to Revolutions, or just plain Victoria?

Problem

I recently installed Watk after installing vanilla, patching, and installing Interregnum 1.0. Now, when I start a game in Interregnum, it's using the Watk map-- which obviously doesn't work out so well. Is there any way to fix this without completely reinstalling?

Maximilliano said:
Does the EU2->Vic converter on the first page work for WATK to Revolutions, or just plain Victoria?
The program itself I wouldn't know (since it is not my program, I guess there ought to be a Revolutions compatible version somewhere though) but the conversionfiles were made for plain Victoria and I did not test it with with Revolutions.

Kasperus said:
Besides that I did some more changes/fixes to 'standard' watk, mostly scenariobased but I also did some text-edits as suggested in this thread. Some smaller province.csv fixes. Updated revolters - some were resurrected to simulate usable countries (like Franconia and Anhalt) which I intend to properly represent in kgeca; added also another country or two to the scenariofiles. Finally I 'borrowed' some agceep events from szmik's extrawatk - specifically dealing with Austrian inheritances and some Hungarian and Bohemian stuff - which I included in somewhat simplified version. In general nothing fancy but I'll update the watk 3.11 files to 3.12 with these changes sometimes next week.
These changes sound pretty good; have they been incorporated in any updates?

Well Africa is coming along well. WATK is not dead!

Kasperus said:
No they have not. When I stopped working on the watk4/kgeca project it kind of lost its purpose to include these changes.

Its really a pity that you stopped. Does this decision mean that you completely lost interest in watk for eu3 or you plan to restart work in future?
I really enjoyed watk for eu2, its really great work! I still play it from time to time :)
Anyway I wish you a lot of free time :)

I don't have the privilege to write it in the EU3 modders subforum so...

Kasperus,
I look at your map project for EU3 and I'm waiting for you to finish it so I could move AGCEEP on your new EU3 map!! By the time you finish I'll have brand new computer so I could buy EU3 (with NA) and start the work. Now, that I've read the project is abandoned I feel disappointed. :( :(

Your work is wonderful and I think there's demand for it. Don't give up!
Anyway, when I finally get EU3 I'll be able to help with setup, scripting etc.

First of all in post 1236 I was referring to the EU2 project which was abandoned when I got EU3.

Regarding EU3 project - at the moment I'm too occupied IRL to do any EU-modding.