• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
None, sorry... Dunno when I'll get back to it, dunno if it makes much sense either, now that so many players are switching to eu3, which I also intend to do once I have the cash to upgrade my PC ;)

I hope you will use it to create map for eu3 :)
altough personally i dont like provinces in two parts, also i think it will not be needed for eu3 since it has not too much to do with "historical accuracy" unfotunatelly.

Maybe i'm not the first to ask , but is there a CK->WATK conversion utility somewhere ?

There is none. However, there are two ways to convert ck -> eu2 and both are softcoded so it should be possible to make it work as long as someone takes the time to rewrite the configuration files.

Kasperus said:
There is none. However, there are two ways to convert ck -> eu2 and both are softcoded so it should be possible to make it work as long as someone takes the time to rewrite the configuration files.

As an avid fan of your mod , mr. k , I'm hoping that this glorious mod community can come up with something !

EDIT: Actually I had a good idea to make a conversion process easier and would kill two birds with one stone ? What if someone made a EU2->WATK Converter ? That way not only can we get our favourite games into WATK , but we can also convert the ALREADY CONVERTED file from CK into a WATK

Last edited:
canonized said:
As an avid fan of your mod , mr. k , I'm hoping that this glorious mod community can come up with something !

EDIT: Actually I had a good idea to make a conversion process easier and would kill two birds with one stone ? What if someone made a EU2->WATK Converter ? That way not only can we get our favourite games into WATK , but we can also convert the ALREADY CONVERTED file from CK into a WATK
now that is a good idea.

The "Europe, South & Central America, Mid-East & India by GreyRat" Link is dead. Wich sucks, cause I rather need the numbers :(

Where else can I find them?

th3freakie said:
The "Europe, South & Central America, Mid-East & India by GreyRat" Link is dead. Wich sucks, cause I rather need the numbers :(

Where else can I find them?

don't you have them on the hdd? ;)

szmik said:
don't you have them on the hdd? ;)

Diferent computers. One of them with no... *gasp* Exel! :eek:o

No idea really, but I thought that the only issue with Mac could be the exe files? Watk doesn't modify the original eu2 exe and neither does it provice and installer. As long as you can open rar archives it should be usable like any other mod.

I apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I have found a few bugs in WATK 3.11.

One: All lakes and rivers in Europe are named EURORiver, and are considered to be one huge river. Anatolia is unaffected, as is the Volga in Russia. The river just to the west of the Volga (the Don?), the Danube, the Tagus and the Thames are where the boundaries of this problem are.

Two: There appear to be multiple copies of some rivers in northern Asia, namely the Ienissei, the Lena and the Ob & Irtysh. This may not be a bug, as I'm somewhat lacking in my geography.

On a similar note, there appears to be two Euphrates and no Tigris in Iraq. I'm almost sure this is not a bug, but I mention it for the sake of completeness.

Three: When the White Sea gets icy, the iceberg graphic appears right in the middle of the province of Kola.

Four: The sea zones near Alaska and the Aleutian Islands have strange names. Isn't "aborigin" supposed to be capitalised?

1. Not a bug - I merged all European rivers to save on ids and to make it possible to add more provinces in Europe. I couldn't think of a better name for this 'creation' at the time... ;)

2. Not a bug - Ob & Irtish especially but also other Siberian rivers have a lot of tributaries. Some parts of the rivers are under PTI - if they weren't you'd see that they are in fact continuous.
Euphrate and Tigris are alike Ob-Irtysh and co., in the end the same river, although I guess I could have made that more specific in the naming...

3. This cannot be fixed unfortunately - iceberg/storm graphic appear in the middle of the boundbox of a province per default (which for some shapes of province might mean that center is outside of the province) and cannot be further modified.

4. Yes, that's actually a bug which originated in the fact that I merged some cultures into 'aborigin' (showed as native in the game iirc) but I made the mistake of automatically replacing the cultural names in notepad, without considering that some province-names were derived from cultural terms as well... I fixed most of those I though but I guess I overlooked a few. I presume that these seazones should be called like Aleutian sea or Aleutian coast.

Just peeking my head in again ! Any news on an EUII-> WATK converter ?

Kasperus said:
I'm not aware of something like that being even in the works... What would it be useful for? :confused:

CK->EUII->WATK->Vicky/Ricky->HOI2DD Making for one of the best GC experiences ever . And since I think your map is a million times better than what we recieved in the vanilla and derivatives (I still love you Paradox , I swear) , I'd like to have that link in the chain be your map . Unless the CK-WATK project is already under works somewhere ?