• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, well, my last export doesn't crash till date. I'm 'testing' the map right now (rather playing a GC game as Poland :D). Till 1480 as yet no ctd's. Before I got till 1530 or so as Venice with 2 ctd's, no blockers though, but that was with an earlier export as well. When I'm happy with the testing results I will upload that export as definitive map. Dunno yet if I should provide all the changes I made though, including events, as some of the last might already have a slightly less GC-feeling about them... For the rest map got 5 new provs in Europe, fixed a bunch of bugs in province.csv, redid also European province-settings, somewhat following the suggestions here (for Italy among else), updated the scenariofiles for India and Indochina as well. I will not update Indonesia, Central Asia nor Africa since these require addition of new countries. I'm working on that but I don't know yet if I will include that for public map release as well.

@Elio Vasa
I don't understand what your problem is. Make sure you unzip the mapfiles into correct locations. Map will not work in moddir for reasons explained some posts earlier.

Please do post event changes as well :)
I can allways chose not to use them (and I was planning on making a few events of my own in order to increase my enjoyment of the next version, some fantasy byzantium ones for instance).

We got a problem more:
screensave02pm.jpg

screensave12ma.jpg

I don't have that problem, so must be something in your eu2 install.

Btw, the grayscale mappreviews won't be accessible anymore since I need the space on the server.

where do I download this map?

So far btw, this map seems to favour the turks more than the vanilla one. But france also ends up losing the hundred years war a lot more often.

Well, my testing didn't really show that actually - Turks still underperform, although the positive is that at least they don't get annexed. I modified a bit the Turkish ai and changed one more prov to sunni/turkish in the beginning, while also making asia minor in general more desirable tax/manpowerwise, will see how that helps them. I'm thinking of adding more goodies to their events as well.

France does indeed underperform in 1419-50 but in all my games they got their act together thereafter and were again conquering English provinces in Britain by 1550 so I wouldn't worry about the French...

I'm preparing now the 'final version' btw, adjusted all ai-files to new map (and tweaked some other stuff in it, hopefully to the benefit of the ai), fixed now most eventfiles for GC to fit the map, tweaked some others for various purposes (didn't add new one's though). Tweaked also some 'rules', like giving christian nations more colonists and income, orthodox/sunni more diplomats, confucionist less diplomats etc. Added also scenariofiles to Indonesia and South-central America (removed N-American indians for now). Tweaked also some revolter-settings. Finally I started preparing necessary files for additional countries. The point is that a small index I made brought it up to 90 additional countries for period 1419-~1860, of which about a half rather essential. I'm trying to bring this amount down to more reasonable numbers... RIght now I have still 0 monarch-files and maybe 7 or 8 shield/flags sets, mostly taken from the MES (my own work anyway ;)).

Btw, anyone knows which id's-ranges for monarchs are still free, as after the latest beta's added a bunch of new monarchs?

Kasperus said:
Well, my testing didn't really show that actually - Turks still underperform, although the positive is that at least they don't get annexed. I modified a bit the Turkish ai and changed one more prov to sunni/turkish in the beginning, while also making asia minor in general more desirable tax/manpowerwise, will see how that helps them. I'm thinking of adding more goodies to their events as well.

France does indeed underperform in 1419-50 but in all my games they got their act together thereafter and were again conquering English provinces in Britain by 1550 so I wouldn't worry about the French...

I'm preparing now the 'final version' btw, adjusted all ai-files to new map (and tweaked some other stuff in it, hopefully to the benefit of the ai), fixed now most eventfiles for GC to fit the map, tweaked some others for various purposes (didn't add new one's though). Tweaked also some 'rules', like giving christian nations more colonists and income, orthodox/sunni more diplomats, confucionist less diplomats etc. Added also scenariofiles to Indonesia and South-central America (removed N-American indians for now). Tweaked also some revolter-settings. Finally I started preparing necessary files for additional countries. The point is that a small index I made brought it up to 90 additional countries for period 1419-~1860, of which about a half rather essential. I'm trying to bring this amount down to more reasonable numbers... RIght now I have still 0 monarch-files and maybe 7 or 8 shield/flags sets, mostly taken from the MES (my own work anyway ;)).

Btw, anyone knows which id's-ranges for monarchs are still free, as after the latest beta's added a bunch of new monarchs?

from 14000 to, at least, 15500 all id's are free with some excepcions (in 1.08 without beta's).

jmunozi_ said:
from 14000 to, at least, 15500 all id's are free with some excepcions (in 1.08 without beta's).
Well, I need to know however exactly which exceptions there are though. And obviously for the situation as in last beta...

Kasperus said:
Well, I need to know however exactly which exceptions there are though. And obviously for the situation as in last beta...

The exceptions were in 1.08 with some events of Prússia-Brandemburg. In the last patch there are no exceptions, so all the range are free.

http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/watk300905.rar

Uploaded final version of the map, with some new provinces in Europe, more or less finalized province.csv and finalized scenario-setups for the 1419 GC. I added also 16 new countries wich are included in the scenarios and modified some ai and event-files. See the info&credits file in the RAR for more information.

Uploaded file is in RAR, you'll need WinRAR or similar program to unpack it. I posted it on my univs server (which is both fast, should not refuse downloaders, and it has no ad's) but since it occupies all my free space there I cannot keep it up there too long so it will be removed by 15th october.

At this point I stop further developing of public versions of this map. If really needed I can still provide some technical support, but it does not include helping with problems like 'help my game ctd's on startup because I have no latest betapatch installed', 'province k is placed wrong' or 'country x should annex country y in year n' ;)

Dear Master Birger

Birger,

Can you do the world a HUGEEEE favour? :p

Can you please compile a .ZIP/.RAR file with all your EGUFSM style flags and shields for all the countries in Kasperus' map?

It'd be a pretty big file (though not *THAT* big) I know, but we could just extract it over the game and it replaces the GFX>MAP>FLAGS + SHIELDS folders with all the revolter flags and shields from 1419 to 1820. Just use the official, normal flag for each nation, with obvious changes (i.e., Union Jack, French Tricolour, etc.) and the rest can be altered by the player, depending on his or her preferences.

Thanks alot. I think it'd be super cool, 'cus then we'd have the best EU2 map with the best EU2 GFX, instead of those normal crappy EU2 broache-like things.

:D

Found a few bugs on your map:

Name related:
The province of Sussex is called Kent
The province of Modena is called Emilia
The province of Glouchester is called Bristol
The province of Essex is called Anglia
There are also som incoherency between the two spellings of slesvig. Which on the map is called Sleswick (The english translation???) and in the game is called Schlesvig. - Not that it matters that much since it is obvious which province the game refers to!
These minor errors can be confusing, but does affect gameplay.

These however do:
The army sprite in Napoli is located just a bit north of Hawaii (guess they are surfing :cool: ), making it almost imposible to find them when you need to move around with them.
The first thing Austria does in each game is to colonize Alaska.
Likewise one of the first things Sweden does is to colonize the Marshall Islands.
I think that the problem is that All European nations can see these provinces from the beginning, but i haven't checked.

Finally I am not sure that the mamelukes needs to be shiite from the beginning of the game since they are way to weak. In the two games I have started so far, they're perishing from the beginning of the game. The OE barly have time to get a slice of pie before it is "bye bye" to the soft cushion!

Hope I have been helpfull!