• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm, that's peculiar since I did set them to chihan, which should work correctly. I guess then either Inferis' tools or Matelli's province editor does not recognize the changed province code here. Will have to adjust that manually.

Kasperus said:
@Gaius Marius
Just now? I have myself 6 eu2 installs already ;)

well, i did have 2 installs before, but one got wiped out when i had to reformat/reinstall windows

Swap ID

Kasperus said:
I'm not going to change the visual part of the map for the moment, maybe in the future. I'm not going to swap id-numbers either, which is really more complicated (and bugprone) than to update the events.
Swap id-number was very easy work. i have done many time if put wrong id color in idmap. in colorfill tool just set tolerance to zero and unchecklist something that i forgot that name. to avoid error in magellan couse of invalid id. you can change id color in seconds.

Last edited:
I posted a few in-game screens here: http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4369609&postcount=108
These were obviously from before I modified province.csv and scenariofiles. I don't have newer one's and cannot upload anything right now since my cablemodem went comatose this morning and I won't have regular internet on my pc till friday at least :eek:

@Agung Pasha
Err, this is thus what I mean complicated and bugprone - I have to export it again, play with idmap will affect adjacenties, which magellan will for sure calculate wrongly the first time if one of modified id touched a river, requiring me to do a 2nd export/import. Then I have to change province.csv and copypasting there always causes stupid bugs. So compared to that changing events IS easier and less bugprone ;).

I have discovered a few errors in the names of the provinces in indonesia and Oceania. A lot of their names differs from the lightmap to the province.csv. Here are a few:
Code:
[B]Province.csv names:	Lightmap names:[/B]
Riau			Siak
Jambi			Melayu
Sunda			Bantem	[I](at the moment there are two provinces called sunda)[/I]
Jakarta			Taruma
Bandung			Kawali
Yogyakarta		Mataram
Surakarta		Kediri
Tindore			Ternate
Ceram			Seram
Pohnpei			Nan madol

EDIT: I discovered another flaw. All your lakes in North america, Asia and Africa are considered ocean provinces, and you can comission pirates there!

Last edited:
Kasperus said:
@Agung Pasha
Err, this is thus what I mean complicated and bugprone - I have to export it again, play with idmap will affect adjacenties, which magellan will for sure calculate wrongly the first time if one of modified id touched a river, requiring me to do a 2nd export/import. Then I have to change province.csv and copypasting there always causes stupid bugs. So compared to that changing events IS easier and less bugprone ;).

Use /G:2 option when import image. work that left just replace line of province.csv that change just id provinces not provinces setting data right. ;)
Bug that sometimes apperar with river that can cause CTDj when you modified neighborh provinces status. sea,river,land or terra incognita. undefinied new provinces by default of magellan was terra. that happen cause of import modified image first.
Just remember first to import modified provinces before import image.

Last edited:
@Kong Skjold

I will adjust that thx. But the sea on lakes was intentional to make them non-passable w/o the fuss of having to modify adjacenties separately. Afaik pirates won't appear there out of themselves (only in seazones which have coastal area's with ports there) and ai doesn't seem to ever use the pirates option, so it is a players choice - if you want to exploit this option that's between you and your gods ;)

@Agung Pasha

I'm affraid you are not correct on that - such adjacenties problems can always appear, even if you applied province-changes earlier (which obviously I always do). From my experience I know already that it always has to be checked and that apparently magellan has simply problems with rivers hat have to be worked around. Using the G-options won't help with that either - G:2 is unnecessary as a whole since it will always be applied if you changed id's automatically. I thought the use of G:3 would prevent such problems but alas, it does not. So around rivers it is simply often necessary to redo the whole area to simply not get ctd's.

But anyway, this was REALLY not the point :D

@Elio Vasa

Err, obviously if you modify the map the versions will differ... Two players need exact the same files in their folders (perhaps with exception of files in the config and gfx folders) to play MP with eachother, and that will of course always include the mapfiles.

@all

Btw, I redid a bit the European part after all, since my disablity to get online very much prevented me from reading silly discussions on internet fora, converting all my free time to map-modding :D I managed to add 4 more provinces to id-map, two to the NW sector for which I removed the weird, small seazone in Gulf of Biscaya. Now that region is exactly on 255 provs so NW Europe cannot get anything more. I will test on further how many can be yet added in other regions today. Added right now are Bourbonais (split off from Berri), Capitanata (split off from Naples), Ostergotland (between Svealand and Smaland) and Dyneburg (split off from Polotsk). I will consider suggestions on additions to the SW, SE and NE regions if anyone has any before I reach the limits there ;).

I was also testing an idea of tr_ to move the map by 256 pixels eastwards. Although it gives more space in the nw region it seems to give regionoverflow to other area's, as I suspect NE and SE Europe so that idea will not be usable to me right now so I stay with this projection.

Last edited:
Kasperus said:
Added right now are Bourbonais (split off from Berri), Capitanata (split off from Naples), Ostergotland (between Svealand and Smaland) and Dyneburg (split off from Polotsk). I will consider suggestions on additions to the SW, SE and NE regions if anyone has any before I reach the limits there ;).

Rather than Capitanata (or Abruzzi) from Naples try to split off Calabria from Apulia. Something about map positions of ports:

In apulia the port you did could be identified as Otranto and not Taranto (it is in real life in the gulf and not in front of Albania!) Naples capital city should be on waterfront and not in the center, but I think it is more province.csv tweaking... but I can't understand the x and y coordinates in the file!

Bordic said:
Rather than Capitanata (or Abruzzi) from Naples try to split off Calabria from Apulia. Something about map positions of ports:

In apulia the port you did could be identified as Otranto and not Taranto (it is in real life in the gulf and not in front of Albania!) Naples capital city should be on waterfront and not in the center, but I think it is more province.csv tweaking... but I can't understand the x and y coordinates in the file!
Hmm, I don't really see why Calabria would have to be split from Apulia, while I want Naples province to be smaller and as balance issue it works actually better if Naples does not touch both italian coasts directly, therefor this split.

I don't understand the port issue you raise, don't recall right now either where I put the port there. However, position of the port in a province with a port does not necessarily equal the position of the most important city there (even if that is coastal). That not in the last place to prevent having 4 icones pretty much upon eachother. But if you think the port should be on any specific site then I can change it eventually (many things should be changed in province.csv but unfortunately days have just 24 hours... you can indeed change it yourself, coordinates are simply pixel values, x increases to the east, y increases to the south)

Kasperus said:
@Kong Skjold

I will adjust that thx. But the sea on lakes was intentional to make them non-passable w/o the fuss of having to modify adjacenties separately. Afaik pirates won't appear there out of themselves (only in seazones which have coastal area's with ports there) and ai doesn't seem to ever use the pirates option, so it is a players choice - if you want to exploit this option that's between you and your gods ;)

I thought they could appear in all costal provinces, so I guess it doesn't really matter then! - Btw. I only have one god! ;)

Dear Kasperus,
I hadn't the pleasure to play with Your map: :(
error message was excel file not found on uploading a GC.
Control the list of files present in Your zipped version:
province.csv, straits.csv in DB folder
many files in MAP folder (usually I've lightmap4.tbl and lightmap5.tbl too).
There weren't modified by You terraintypes.csv and spriteDB.csv !

cool-toxic said:
when i write "han" or "chihan" or any other names to the chinese han provinces it goes back to "none" i don´t know why it does that? :confused:

Han doesn't means a culture anymore due to confusion to HAN = Hannover, so the game doesn't accept it more.

So how's work with this progressing? :) Gotten rid of the crashes people where seeing?

I REALY like this maps version of the mediterrenean.