• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The download doesn't seem to work for me. The page always says "your IP downloaded to much, sorry, It's not your fault" or something like that. :mad:

Can someone host it somwhere else, where downloads are not limited?

In fact I never downloaded anything from the bloody page.

:mad:

Kasperus said:
A poster on the Polish eu forum (Churchill, don't know his pdox nick) uploaded the map to a different server, you can try that one. Although as far as I can see he repacked it, in a .RAR so be aware that you will have to get yourself the appropriate program to unpack it (winrar or other).

http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0JSCXMC6QJCPF2EJ5CYXVJFN9U

Thanks, this one works.

I've tried your map and let me say that's a completely new gaming experience to me. Congratulations to Kasperus and all the other who have done parts of the world. :cool:

I've played Portugal (since it's the country i'm more used to ;) ) and it's great, since you can now colonize the historical provinces (in India, Goa or Diu are now small provinces in the coast) instead of huge chucks of territory.

I would like to point to some small problems though. ;) Former Tago province is called Belahten (sp?): is this an error? Cape Verde islands has also the city and port icons outside the archipelago, in the middle of the sea. And it seems that the map gives some instability to the game.

Keep up the good work. :)

Clandestino said:
I've tried your map and let me say that's a completely new gaming experience to me. Congratulations to Kasperus and all the other who have done parts of the world. :cool:

I've played Portugal (since it's the country i'm more used to ;) ) and it's great, since you can now colonize the historical provinces (in India, Goa or Diu are now small provinces in the coast) instead of huge chucks of territory.

I would like to point to some small problems though. ;) Former Tago province is called Belahten (sp?): is this an error? Cape Verde islands has also the city and port icons outside the archipelago, in the middle of the sea. And it seems that the map gives some instability to the game.

Keep up the good work. :)

The former problem will no doubt be fixed, but the latter is not an error, it is simply Kasperus' way of adding Atlantis to his map :p

No it isn't :p

Anyway, fixed these 2 and a varia of other problems, ctd-potential bugs in both province.csv and some scenario files. It might improve stability in game. Below a 'patch' package with some modified stuff. Still didn't have more time to finish the setups, improved only slightly the Timuride region. I got kind of lost in regard to the hordes in the north though and then spent the rest of my free time actually playing it instead (which brought me thus to run some serious debugs after I crashed a few times ;)).

http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/watk070905update.zip

Kasperus.

I find your map really enjoing especially the Italian peninsula, but I would like to give you some suggestions if you like.

Why Graubunden and not Ticino since Milan had actually this territory (capital city Bellinzona ) until 1500?

Modena should have Ferrara in 1419 not Papal States.

Carniola should have Triest and not Laibach as capital city (there is also its port!)

Istria should have Pola instead and not Triest (exact Triest location is in Carniola port!) Istria shouldn't be a TUR core IMO.

Geographically speaking: Piemonte plains, Brescia plains, Emilia plains, Ferrara swamps, Romagna,Pisa and Marche mountains (Appennine chain from Liguria to Neaples) the rest can go.
For other values, tax, production etc... as you like: maybe Ferrara should be salt and Romagna grain. Brescia undoubtedly cloth and Emilia grain!

Considerations: Have you ever thought to insert another province between Neaples and Apulia, like Calabria? Those two provs at first sight are 'so' big compared to the other European ones! This is only just to know because two province are good the same, also for the event already written...

Last thing, would you mind please to swap Thrace, prov. n. 357, with new Bysantion? There are too many events written with 'owned prov 357 tur' to be changed!

Bordic said:
Last thing, would you mind please to swap Thrace, prov. n. 357, with new Bysantion? There are too many events written with 'owned prov 357 tur' to be changed!

There are like... 5 or something ;)

Trin Tragula said:
There are like... 5 or something ;)

Tes, but City of Desire event should be changed also for culture and religion in other provs and then the other events about shipyards, COT and luxury manu...

Making a brand new map and having it work properly for EU2 is loads of work. You can't all expect Kasperus and his sidekick to do it all; they need help.

We aren't just talking about making a scenario or something here, this is seriously time consuming.

Bordic said:
Kasperus.

I find your map really enjoing especially the Italian peninsula, but I would like to give you some suggestions if you like.

Why Graubunden and not Ticino since Milan had actually this territory (capital city Bellinzona ) until 1500?

Modena should have Ferrara in 1419 not Papal States.

Carniola should have Triest and not Laibach as capital city (there is also its port!)

Istria should have Pola instead and not Triest (exact Triest location is in Carniola port!) Istria shouldn't be a TUR core IMO.

Geographically speaking: Piemonte plains, Brescia plains, Emilia plains, Ferrara swamps, Romagna,Pisa and Marche mountains (Appennine chain from Liguria to Neaples) the rest can go.
For other values, tax, production etc... as you like: maybe Ferrara should be salt and Romagna grain. Brescia undoubtedly cloth and Emilia grain!

Considerations: Have you ever thought to insert another province between Neaples and Apulia, like Calabria? Those two provs at first sight are 'so' big compared to the other European ones! This is only just to know because two province are good the same, also for the event already written...

Well, first of all, I didn't redo the European provs so most old one's (that is the one's using an old id) weren't really changed at all while the new one's were filled in rather provisorically. I'm aware of many details that could have been made much better but till date I had no time to look into it. Most of the time I had I spent on trying to make this not crash all the time (I still have issues with crashes, kind of mostly if Timurid empire is included, dunno why really - can't find setup-problems here :confused: ). So I will take over your proposals for cities/goods/terrains once I can get to it, and if you notice more things to improve, gimme a call ;)

I'm not going to change the visual part of the map for the moment, maybe in the future. I'm not going to swap id-numbers either, which is really more complicated (and bugprone) than to update the events.

Gaius Marius I said:
does this run as part of a moddir, or will it override my vanilla map/other files?
It will not work in moddir. IIRC moddir does not recognize the modified file that redraws the terra incognita. Can be only fixed by pdox I guess.

Kasperus said:
if you notice more things to improve, gimme a call ;)
I have another non-urgent suggestion:

You should redo the names in Europe. Can you please use diacritical marks? It looks really bad reading Graubunden, Geneve and Wurttemberg instead of Graubünden, Genève and Württemberg.

BasileiosII said:
I have another non-urgent suggestion:

You should redo the names in Europe. Can you please use diacritical marks? It looks really bad reading Graubunden, Geneve and Wurttemberg instead of Graubünden, Genève and Württemberg.
There will be no diactrical marks of any kind sorry. Standard 26-letters latin alphabet only. I honestly don't see a point to do it otherwise, not to mention that it may open pandora's box with regard to various native pecularities in regard to spelling.

Kasperus said:
It will not work in moddir. IIRC moddir does not recognize the modified file that redraws the terra incognita. Can be only fixed by pdox I guess.

i got the feeling the answer would be along those lines.

i daresay, its time for the second install...