• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jimbo_Jools said:
Alas, our good friend Hive has denied by unholy request to modify your superior map for the frankly very, very good Age of Imperialism mod.

I extend the invite to you. It actually requires a lot less work than you may think, and as it is really only map work (I don't mind doing any event re-workings, i.e., add/removing provinces from events) that needs doing, then you should be the top man for the job. It's just it would be so cool for AoI :D

Not a lot of work? Dude, AoI is 12 scenarios... it will take some time, trust me. :p

At any rate, I lack both the motivation and time to do this myself. I'm going to be pretty busy IRL for a while now, and have to prioritise.

Jimbo_Jools said:
Merci, I downloaded both of the above files. This should be much better :)

Alas, our good friend Hive has denied by unholy request to modify your superior map for the frankly very, very good Age of Imperialism mod.

I extend the invite to you. It actually requires a lot less work than you may think, and as it is really only map work (I don't mind doing any event re-workings, i.e., add/removing provinces from events) that needs doing, then you should be the top man for the job. It's just it would be so cool for AoI :D
Well, I *could* do an update on the relevant scenarios in any case (and as I made my preference earlier these are mostly the later one's). And well, whatever Hive might say, I'm quite confident that this maps fits AoI more than well (well, it fits the AoI that is released, not necessarily the AoI in Hive's brain that he doesn't want us to see ;)). But it would indeed take a bit of time, certainly as I have also other obligations, not only in real life but also I intend to divert the following months my eu-modding time to my real pet project, the MES. For which I get more and more convinced that here a totally new map, with new projection, maybe even new, revolutionary shading, might be worth taking some effort (especially with all that region-limit stuff that will be a much bigger problem there as our minor-inclusion happiness there is even greater than in AGCEEP ;)). Anyway, I did the toughest part imo, actual scenario-editting *IS* much easier you know - anyone knows how to run a notepad after all :p

Kasperus said:
And well, whatever Hive might say, I'm quite confident that this maps fits AoI more than well (well, it fits the AoI that is released, not necessarily the AoI in Hive's brain that he doesn't want us to see ;)).

Oh don't get me wrong, I do agree that your map fits AoI much better than the vanilla map. All I said was that I would personally do some stuff differently, mainly in Europe and Asia.

Hive said:
Oh don't get me wrong, I do agree that your map fits AoI much better than the vanilla map. All I said was that I would personally do some stuff differently, mainly in Europe and Asia.
I know, but I couldn't resist to tease you on it. One more then - if you don't get what you like, you have to like what you get :p

Is anyone else getting random crashes? They seem to be quite frequent for me, Ill play the new map and there will be no problems for the first 20 years or so but then from 1430's onward dates will come that I cannot get past, the game just keeps crashing around a certain time period, so I might edit the save and move the date on a bit, fine for a while but then another date is reached and It cant be bypassed. Any ideas?

Green Beret said:
Is anyone else getting random crashes? They seem to be quite frequent for me, Ill play the new map and there will be no problems for the first 20 years or so but then from 1430's onward dates will come that I cannot get past, the game just keeps crashing around a certain time period, so I might edit the save and move the date on a bit, fine for a while but then another date is reached and It cant be bypassed. Any ideas?
It's probably some event that adds ships in a province that doesn't have a port.
Check the history file to see wich event happend right before the crash.

Sleepyhead said:
It's probably some event that adds ships in a province that doesn't have a port.
Check the history file to see wich event happend right before the crash.

Isn't the Turkish shipyard event triggerable from around that time? Could be it...

Well I did some checking beforehand and I cant seem to find any event that would be causing it, normally it occurs during the first two weeks of each month and I think after a big war has just been declared (IE, two big Italian + Co. alliances having at each other).

Well Ive made a discovery, turns out its not the events, I force removed the lot of em during a save and it still crashed a few days later. From what Ive noticed the game seems to crash a day or so after a war has been declared. For example, 2 nations went to war, I paused the game but then a second later it crashed anyways :( Any suspected reason for this?

Green Beret said:
Well Ive made a discovery, turns out its not the events, I force removed the lot of em during a save and it still crashed a few days later. From what Ive noticed the game seems to crash a day or so after a war has been declared. For example, 2 nations went to war, I paused the game but then a second later it crashed anyways :( Any suspected reason for this?

The true test, when then being try to run it, without any events in (except random events).

Green Beret said:

What is your computer like? I remember my eu2 used to crash on occasion when too much was happening... most notably a huge AI war. Since I upgraded it I haven't had that problem.

Could possibly be the cause of it, although Ive had big wars on regular EU2 and it dident seem to be a problem, I even get the ususal mid game slowdown. Still with memory of 256 think its possible?

Green Beret said:
Could possibly be the cause of it, although Ive had big wars on regular EU2 and it dident seem to be a problem, I even get the ususal mid game slowdown. Still with memory of 256 think its possible?

Yes it'll most likely be the case. Kasperus' map has a heap more provinces and some more nations so by default it's going to use more memory than regular eu2. Upgrading your RAM should do wonders for stability.

I am testing the map with eu2 vanilla version and CTDs happened to me ONLY when QAR or AKK or UZB start to DOW Timurid empire or Nogai!

I solved sometimes improving relations between them but it is a hard work to find out the strings in sav files everytime...

Maybe is there some bug between those bordering countries?

Yep similar thing happens to me when the Timurids and Co. start acting up. Figure I might remove them from a game or somthing.

Someone ought to do some events for this map. I redid the ottoman ones for thrace to point at constantinople instead but there's more to be done...

Also the province that has La Rochelle really ought to have a port in it.

I ran a quick check on scenariofiles here but I found no setup problems I that region. But since it crashes for me as well, round 1421 already, I'll run some debugs and see if I can fix the problems.