• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hmm, funny. Maybe try with shortened dos-names:

Code:
minject watk290805.eu2map /D:F:\progra~1\europa~1 /L:O

Anyway, if it causes too many problems I'll try to upload just the whole exported package tonight...

cool-toxic said:
What i did was copying the "DB" folder and the "map" folder into:
C:\newmap\injecthere
and my magellan programs is in:
C:\newmap
with MS-DOS
i opened MS-DOS and typed:
Code:
minject watk290805 /D:injecthere /L
and then i could play my game after copying it back to my EU2 directory

I thank you cool-toxic, for this idea of yours appears to have worked with me, too.

I shall load up the game and tell you if it has. Une momento.

Okay, the map works fine with your customised Grand Campaign scenario. It looks really, really great. I love it, as I knew I would :)

There are a few glitches (as mentioned) regarding trees and stuff sticking off the coastline in various provinces, but that can no doubt be easily fixed.

All I really have to say is... Hive, incorporate this map into AoI. It will look amazing... I mean really, really good :D :p :p :D

Kasperus said:
hmm, funny. Maybe try with shortened dos-names:

Code:
minject watk290805.eu2map /D:F:\progra~1\europa~1 /L:O

Anyway, if it causes too many problems I'll try to upload just the whole exported package tonight...

At last I solved the problem, and was that you say. Your map is so nice, specially Aragon and Danzig. Congratulations

Kasperus said:

I was wondering why you didn't just do that in the first place... :confused:

I would have thought that you, being experienced with the MES for several years, had learned that installation of a mod must be as simple as possible. :D

Jimbo_Jools said:
All I really have to say is... Hive, incorporate this map into AoI. It will look amazing... I mean really, really good :D :p :p :D

I no longer work on AoI. AoI 2.5 is the final version - at least untill I get my hands on EU3. :D

Besides, although Kasperus' map have a lot of really good stuff in it, it also have some stuff I would do differently.

I still can't get it to work. It doesn't recognise minject wherever I put it. :wacko:

cool-toxic said:
What i did was copying the "DB" folder and the "map" folder into:
C:\newmap\injecthere
and my magellan programs is in:
C:\newmap
with MS-DOS
i opened MS-DOS and typed:
Code:
minject watk290805 /D:injecthere /L
and then i could play my game after copying it back to my EU2 directory

Bocaj, follow the above instructions. That worked for me :)

And now I know why. Didn't realise when you guys were saying minject etc you meant C:\minject.exe (or wherever it was)....

Gotta spell these things out for a novice like me. :eek:o :cool:

I like the map though. It's groovy. I can see a lot of imbalances coming from how tax is distributed, but that's something that can be worked on.

Hive said:
I was wondering why you didn't just do that in the first place... :confused:

I would have thought that you, being experienced with the MES for several years, had learned that installation of a mod must be as simple as possible. :D
It is smaller that way by about 4-5 mb, which my several years of experience with MES teached me can be an issue. And that way I can help promoting the use of Inferis' tools and map modding in general ;) I probably did underestimate the toughness of use of dos-based programs by the new age pc-user though :p

@Bocaj
Which taxvalues are you referring to specifically? I redid myself only taxvalues in colonial territories, more precisely America's, Africa, Australia, India and Indonesia (Europe and other Asia was done by Kain and I haven't further change much here). In any case I based it on the approach which should ensure that European/non-colonial Asian provinces ought to have high taxvalues (especially if combined with cheap goods) while colonial territories should have rather (very) low taxvalues, especially if combined with expensive goods. So you should not be surprised that America's and Africa has a lot of tax=1, mp=0 provs that will be therefor only good for tp's (which I made also easier to establish, in comparison to colonies for example). Exceptions were the white-settlers prime territory, mostly US-east coast, some Mexico, Carrabean, Brasil/Argentina coast and South africa, which then however also more often than not produce a cheap commodity (like food). Europe itself could be probably more balanced out, but as said I did not look into it myself, this also really depends on what a given modder tries to achieve. I've seen so many different approaches being used in mods in regard to that, that it is simply easier to leave that to others to fill in (I have of course my own idea's and will implement it in my private mod)

Kasperus said:
It is smaller that way by about 4-5 mb, which my several years of experience with MES teached me can be an issue. And that way I can help promoting the use of Inferis' tools and map modding in general ;) I probably did underestimate the toughness of use of dos-based programs by the new age pc-user though :p

@Bocaj
Which taxvalues are you referring to specifically? I redid myself only taxvalues in colonial territories, more precisely America's, Africa, Australia, India and Indonesia (Europe and other Asia was done by Kain and I haven't further change much here). In any case I based it on the approach which should ensure that European/non-colonial Asian provinces ought to have high taxvalues (especially if combined with cheap goods) while colonial territories should have rather (very) low taxvalues, especially if combined with expensive goods. So you should not be surprised that America's and Africa has a lot of tax=1, mp=0 provs that will be therefor only good for tp's (which I made also easier to establish, in comparison to colonies for example). Exceptions were the white-settlers prime territory, mostly US-east coast, some Mexico, Carrabean, Brasil/Argentina coast and South africa, which then however also more often than not produce a cheap commodity (like food). Europe itself could be probably more balanced out, but as said I did not look into it myself, this also really depends on what a given modder tries to achieve. I've seen so many different approaches being used in mods in regard to that, that it is simply easier to leave that to others to fill in (I have of course my own idea's and will implement it in my private mod)

Australia has some really really high colonial tax values, some other places did also. Some other smaller nitpickes but I won't comment too much on them while I have still only played the map a little bit.

One really big problem though with your map is since I unpacked it, scenario editor refuses to work for me. It shuts down with an error as soon as I try to open it. It was working fine before I unpacked it. As I'm currently working on a scenario myself this is a bit of a problem.
:confused:

Bocaj said:
Australia has some really really high colonial tax values, some other places did also. Some other smaller nitpickes but I won't comment too much on them while I have still only played the map a little bit.

One really big problem though with your map is since I unpacked it, scenario editor refuses to work for me. It shuts down with an error as soon as I try to open it. It was working fine before I unpacked it. As I'm currently working on a scenario myself this is a bit of a problem.
:confused:
Scenario-editor will not work with any modified map (or at least with any map that has more than 1615 provinces as the standard map). This is something that Johan ought to fix, but well, since paradox officially never supported this tool anyway... If you unpacked the map files to your standard eu2 dir then the scenarioeditor there won't work anymore. I thought I said that people should make separate installs when testing it didn't I? :eek:

Kasperus said:
Scenario-editor will not work with any modified map (or at least with any map that has more than 1615 provinces as the standard map). This is something that Johan ought to fix, but well, since paradox officially never supported this tool anyway... If you unpacked the map files to your standard eu2 dir then the scenarioeditor there won't work anymore. I thought I said that people should make separate installs when testing it didn't I? :eek:

I have 3 eu2 versions now. One is my normal one. One uses an older beta (I used to use it a lot when the betas were somewhat questionable for stability), and then I have the one this map uses. I copied the new folder from my original. Yet interestingly enough neither scenario editor works. But... now I said this I tried my third scenario editor and that worked. :confused:

Hmm, dunno really, might be also that simply the scenarioeditor does not even work with the latest beta's... cannot help you with that further, other than recommend the use of notepad instead ;)

btw, I adjusted province.csv a bit in the last days, mostly removed the most irritating mountain/forrest icons from the sea. There are still a few left here and there, but these will require a longer search that I had no time for this wek yet. I also adjusted some stuff in Australia; I was surprised about what you wrote on the high taxvalues but as it seems I did not copypaste my modifications for that part into the files I released. It is now fixed.

One can download the zipped province.csv file from the link below:
http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/province.zip

...or one can also download the whole map-package, including the modified province.csv, now in a more user-friendly way (i.o.w. fully exported to gamefiles). These are ordered into logical folders. The files is a bit bigger than 14mb.
http://rapidshare.de/files/4638667/watk020905.zip.html

I do still keep the previous package for download for people who are not affraid for magellan and/or prefer smaller files for download.

Hmmm... When I try to download your map, I get this message:

This IP XX.XXX.XXX.XX is not allowed to use the free-service anymore today. We detected very extreme downloads. Don't worry! This has not to be your fault.
Maybe you use a proxy-server. PREMIUM-Accounts are of course not affected by this ban.

Now that's odd, haven't downloaded anything from rapidshare today.

nelly644 said:
Hmmm... When I try to download your map, I get this message:

Now that's odd, haven't downloaded anything from rapidshare today.
Dunno, maybe you use a proxy (university servers?). Or a dynamic IP-adress, which someone who likes rapidshare a lot had assigned to him earlier today... I wouldn't know (have a permanent IP myself, no proxy). Rapidshare has a limit on how many one can download on daily base. Unfortunately I cannot upload it to anywhere else than rapidshare - it is too big for my ftp's.

Kasperus said:
Hmm, dunno really, might be also that simply the scenarioeditor does not even work with the latest beta's... cannot help you with that further, other than recommend the use of notepad instead ;)

btw, I adjusted province.csv a bit in the last days, mostly removed the most irritating mountain/forrest icons from the sea. There are still a few left here and there, but these will require a longer search that I had no time for this wek yet. I also adjusted some stuff in Australia; I was surprised about what you wrote on the high taxvalues but as it seems I did not copypaste my modifications for that part into the files I released. It is now fixed.

One can download the zipped province.csv file from the link below:
http://home.student.uva.nl/kacper.vandenheuvel/province.zip

...or one can also download the whole map-package, including the modified province.csv, now in a more user-friendly way (i.o.w. fully exported to gamefiles). These are ordered into logical folders. The files is a bit bigger than 14mb.
http://rapidshare.de/files/4638667/watk020905.zip.html

I do still keep the previous package for download for people who are not affraid for magellan and/or prefer smaller files for download.

Merci, I downloaded both of the above files. This should be much better :)

Alas, our good friend Hive has denied by unholy request to modify your superior map for the frankly very, very good Age of Imperialism mod.

I extend the invite to you. It actually requires a lot less work than you may think, and as it is really only map work (I don't mind doing any event re-workings, i.e., add/removing provinces from events) that needs doing, then you should be the top man for the job. It's just it would be so cool for AoI :D