• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kasperus said:
Well, the first 4 I use quite different names though already... somewhat more native :cool:

That sounds dangerous. :eek: :cool:

Jimbo_Jools said:
LOL, neither do you : )

I had to convert your whole damn mod to coat of arms format.... and then the bastard crashed lmao.

Well it's not that I don't like Birger's work - it's just that I'm very stubborn; after spending countless hours creating 300+ graphic sets from scratch, I'm not very eager to discard my efforts. :p

Jimbo_Jools said:
Hehe, just wanted it to receive the attention it deserves.

I can't wait for your map, and 1914 for HOI2.

They will rock : )
Heh, ok. ;) Just an update then. As said before the graphical part of the map is, if it's up to me, finished. Just reworked the last parts with landzones since the first version (that some modders were already able to download), including among else addition of Marshall islands and a reworking of Alaskan region and futher shading update and bug-fixing here and there.

I was planning to to release the map when graphic part was finished as I suspected it would take a lot of time to finish province.csv. But since I both got aid in updating it (thanks to KainShinra) and got matelli's tool working for me, the edition of that file goes actually much faster than expected. Witha bit of luck I might be finished by the end of this week and then an actually WORKING map can be released instead, with also a fast update for 1419-GC if we'll make it :).

Btw, the offer to modders who want to dl the first raw version is still open. Just contact me in private on the details. PM, icq or drop by during CET evenings on the eu irc-channel on where I'm usually vegetating ;).

Hive said:
Kain is helping you? Give that old metalhead my regards. :)
Aye. Anything that's wrong with province info, feel free to blame on me ;) Hey, Hivey.

But if Kaino is no more than a Austrian Reich Worshipper :D

Hi Kaino, long time no see :D

Kasperus said:
But you drawed your Dniepr differently. When drawed accurately much more ofthat prov would fall off ;)

Well, if the choice is a border that has some use for political setup simulation and one that has none at all I will choose the previous. I could have merged Belarus with my Wilna province adn Wolyhna as well wasn't it that these would require different culture and religion. ;)

Uhm, Lithuania became part of P-L in 1569 as did thus all its territories while Podlasia as you talk about it was a small territory with quite variable borders, w/o any really important settlements though. Since I have Bug river which is important for partitions as border my Podlasia is even smaller. And since in 1419 half of the rest was owned by Masovian princes this province cannot be in any realitic way simulated at all if not part of the whole area up to Niemna river, which is thus both usable for partition 3 (as ALL of it went to Prussia - not Troki, but Troki was also on the other part of Niemna) and in 1815 ALL of it went to Russia. So again, I can impossible merge your 21 and 46, which leaves me unnecessarily many provinces here.

I doubt these extremely optimistic estimations for Polotsk and Wilna of which at most Vilna reached a population of more than 10.000 in late 16th or early 17th century (though the estimations given by Boguslawska/Topolski don't even give it that many inhabitants). Polotsk had never more than 10.000 inhabitants in the era that it was part of P-L.
But even if your numbers were correct, compared to European average for ~1600 P-L had no real cities other than Danzig, other than in name. Oh, and of course, ~1600 all these cities reached its peak. As you know the average amounts of inhabitants of P-L cities about halved if not worse in the period of 17th and early 18th century wars...

Words can mean very complex things but for something like a game these are nothing else but labels. Truly, I'm always surprised how much importance some people put to that tiny little detail in pdox games :p

I suggest you to first look at your maps closer my friend before you argue with me again on this one ;)

If i can add my 2 cents:
Its true that P-L had very few larger cities and compared to some western European they were small but the cities in Crown were in general much larger than in Lithuania - Kraków in early 17th century had around 30 000 people probably, Poznań was over 10 000, Warsaw over 10 000 too and of curse the Prussian cities - Gdańsk/Danizg, Thorn/Toruń etc...

Change this "Sącz" please (Stary(=old) Sącz was the correct city name anyway) - it looks funny but really wasnt an important center at all. What you call "Sącz" now could be called Małopolska - and what is Malopolska now --> Sandomierz. Or anything - just please DO NOT leave this silly "Sącz" i beg you...

Otherwise a nice map... i agree on some issues with Herr Doctor - you could re-consider it, but i still think its very good.

Last edited:
Actually it would have been Nowy Szacz if I was very precise since it was founded in 1290's already but both were still about equally important around 1419... I will not call Malopolska Sandomierz since I plan Krakow to be in that Malopolska province as it should be - Krakow is really located on that part of the north side of the river and it should not be lost, unlike my Sacz, to Austria in 1772. I honestly do not understand your criticism on Sacz - frankly, it was the most important town on this side of the Wisla and west of San in the middleages, later only in concurrence with Tarnow. I can change it but then I'm awaiting better suggestions for these provinces than the above.

Well, I uninstalled EU2 last night because that other chap's "MyMAP" altered some files and my game ceased to work.

So, when your (by the looks of it) superior map is complete - and working - please do let me know, for I wish to use it together with the Age of Imperialism mod and, of course, the BOLD colourscales mod :D

Thank you sir,

Jim

PS: Looks much better with Essex, Wessex & Sussex instead of Kent... well done :p

EDIT: Actually, if it's easier (because you won't have to bother pissing about with all of Hive's scenarios), I shall try your map with EP to start with, because I've yet to use it properly, the owner seems to pride himself on his AI (no doubt helped somewhat by Daywalker ;)) and it only has one or two scenarios, so not alot needs altering. Can't wait! :D

Jimbo_Jools said:
Well, I uninstalled EU2 last night because that other chap's "MyMAP" altered some files and my game ceased to work.

So, when your (by the looks of it) superior map is complete - and working - please do let me know, for I wish to use it together with the Age of Imperialism mod and, of course, the BOLD colourscales mod :D

Thank you sir,

Jim

PS: Looks much better with Essex, Wessex & Sussex instead of Kent... well done :p

EDIT: Actually, if it's easier (because you won't have to bother pissing about with all of Hive's scenarios), I shall try your map with EP to start with, because I've yet to use it properly, the owner seems to pride himself on his AI (no doubt helped somewhat by Daywalker ;)) and it only has one or two scenarios, so not alot needs altering. Can't wait! :D

Hmm, well, as I pm'ed you yesterday, the map will not really work on any other scenario right now than my modified 1419 GC, obviously for trivial issues like lots of empty provinces all around the world as for less trivial stuff like CTD's because of fleets in inland provinces etc.. I fixed this kind of stuff in my own GC so that will work. It might work with AoI package w/o the actual 1419 scenario that Hive used as he remained early on at least close to standard GC. You would only miss some countries that he included in the game and that I won't include myself for the moment (provisoric GC will contain only countries that are actually in standard game as countries or revolters) and some events might unhistorically fire on 1st january 1419 because they won't be written off in history. However using it with any AGCEEP based package (like EP) will give much more problems as more settings like ai, events and actual countries are much different. Of course, if you really have too much time you can try to adjust one of these scenarios to the use with my map ;)

Anyway, I will upload a version for testing containing both map, province.csv and the provisoric GC tonight and give you a link by pm. Btw, I tried to pm you an answer earlier on the AoI stuff but your box was full so you should check that out. ;)

Kasperus said:

Well, I'll try the map out when I'll be having a real computer to play with next month and if I like it, I could offer my help to adjust scenarios to it.

Kasperus said:
Hmm, well, as I pm'ed you yesterday, the map will not really work on any other scenario right now than my modified 1419 GC, obviously for trivial issues like lots of empty provinces all around the world as for less trivial stuff like CTD's because of fleets in inland provinces etc.. I fixed this kind of stuff in my own GC so that will work. It might work with AoI package w/o the actual 1419 scenario that Hive used as he remained early on at least close to standard GC. You would only miss some countries that he included in the game and that I won't include myself for the moment (provisoric GC will contain only countries that are actually in standard game as countries or revolters) and some events might unhistorically fire on 1st january 1419 because they won't be written off in history. However using it with any AGCEEP based package (like EP) will give much more problems as more settings like ai, events and actual countries are much different. Of course, if you really have too much time you can try to adjust one of these scenarios to the use with my map ;)

Anyway, I will upload a version for testing containing both map, province.csv and the provisoric GC tonight and give you a link by pm. Btw, I tried to pm you an answer earlier on the AoI stuff but your box was full so you should check that out. ;)

Ahh that was you lol. Try again :) And PM me the d/l link!

Since I won't have much time to work further on scenario stuff in next 2 weeks I release the first, somewhat playable built now. Interested one's can download it and test it, maybe finish updating the scenariofiles and the tiny bits of province.csv files that were either overlooked or need adjustments. And of course mention all these bigger and smaller bugs that might appear. Note that addition of new provinces to the map does not qualify as a bug though ;)

Link (9,5 mb):
http://rapidshare.de/files/4514261/watk290805.zip.html

The zip contains 4 files:

-watk290805.eu2map is the map-file in magellan's intermediate format. It needs to be exported into the game using Inferis' magellan tool minject, that you can download from his site ( http://www.inferis.org/eu2/magellan/ ). In dos console run from the map where you stored magellan:
Code:
minject watk290805.eu2map /L:O
If it returns a no-installation found error you have to add the line /D:C:\program files\paradox entertainment\europa universalis or whatever the path you have eu2 installed which you will exchange the map with is, to the above command. Magellan will export all the necessary map-files and province.csv to the right locations.

-adj-def file needs to be stored in the map-folder of your eu install, it defines the straits since these changed a bit from standard 1419. I have not included the 2 British straits and the Gibraltar-Morocco strait though which I thought were ridiculous.

-straits is actually empty for now, I only removed all the graphic part of straits as they did not fit. You can add the 'stones' graphics yourself if you have the patience for it (I don't). The file belongs in your db-folder.

-scenarios contains the modified 1419 files, with the 1419.inc and in the 1419-map some updated country-specific files. Normally speaking yoiu can simply copy this whole map into the eu-firectory and choose to overwrite the files. Note that I only redid Europe, part of mid-east and some far-east countries as of yet. I don't have time now though to finish up the rest. SOme countries have unhistorical teritories which should be actually owned by other nations that are not included in standard eu2-package though. I'm thinking of the likes Nassau, Trier, Masovia, Mongolia, Sri Lanka etc. To keep things simple I decided against adding such in this first, provisoric release. I changed some cultural stuff and some goods are defined slightly differently that how pdox did it as you might see.

Big thanks for KainShinra for helping me with the province.csv file and for others who provided me with feedback on this map till date. :cool:

Excellent. A finished map. Tomorrow, I have a free day, and I shall begin working on making it compatible with AoI : )

I want a proper US civil war :p