• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kasperus

Field Marshmallow
8 Badges
Nov 5, 2001
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
World According to Kasperus - links repository

Latest version

Latest version is WATK 3.11 (03 dec 06). It requires no previous installs of WATK.

Download WATK 3.11

This version is made for use in moddir, preferably with ModLauncher - by KaRei

Older versions

WATK3.1 base package (does not require any earlier installs of watk). WATK3.1 is a fixed version of WATK3 and contains all the files that were in that install:

Download WATK 3.1 - hosted by Vricklund

WATK2 and WATK3 are no longer supported/downloadable:

WATK-related stuff

EU2Vic conversion files - Modified files for EU2VIC utility (by montyp), for WATK3 or later.
Current version includes cultural conversion, which is experimental and probably buggy. Cultural conversion works only on WATK 3.11! On earlier versions uncheck the cultural conversion!

ID-maps for WATK3.x

Europe, South & Central America, Mid-East, India & Oceania by PL community on EUFI
http://www.eufi.org/showthread.php?t=16267

North America by Ayeshteni
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261258

External Mods for/on WATK

MP scenarios for WATK3.1 - by FAL

WATKMP - multiplayer pack - Compiled by FAL, contains WATK3.1, WATK3.1fix & FAL's multiplayer scenarios

WATK African Beta (WATKAB) - by cool-toxic, contains modified map

AGCEEP on WATK - by szmik

ElioKasp - by Elio Vasa

Releases history

30-08-2005: First WATK map released (aka watk290805)
30-09-2005: WATK2 officially released (final version; aka watk300905)
10-10-2005: WATK2 patch released (aka watk101005)
28-12-2005: WATK3 released
02-03-2006: WATK3.1 released
09-06-2006: MWATK map released (as raw beta)
03-12-2006: WATK3.11 released (final version of watk3)

Last edited:
Kasperus said:
(oh, and anyone can tell me how to make photoshop draw straight lines? :eek:o)

Just click, hold the shift key and click again anywhere. ;)

The map looks great!

Nice job, I really like some of the stuff you have done. :)

And I did get a sense of deja-vu when looking at your Australia... :D

Hive said:
It's that simple? Well thanks, I have struggled with this as well. :D

Yup, that's the way to do it. :)
It also works with most tools including erasers and even the highlight tool in the Extract filter.

Thx Birger, it really helps these seazones to look nice if their borders are actually straight :p. It is encouraging btw that I wasn't the only fool who didn't know how to do that ;)

So no one has a nice link to some nice early colonial maps for South America? :( I feel really lazy today, and it's raining outside so I'd rather not take a 2 hours trip to Amsterdam just to dive again into the library to, after hours of searching finding something that i can barely use anyway...

Kasperus said:
Thx Birger, it really helps these seazones to look nice if their borders are actually straight :p.

Yeah - now I too can begin working on sea zones. :D

It is encouraging btw that I wasn't the only fool who didn't know how to do that ;)

I'm so much of a Photoshop n00b that it's quite surprising that I even manage to get it working. :p

So no one has a nice link to some nice early colonial maps for South America? :( I feel really lazy today, and it's raining outside so I'd rather not take a 2 hours trip to Amsterdam just to dive again into the library to, after hours of searching finding something that i can barely use anyway...

Pfft. You have no reason to complain; at least *you* have access to a library with such information... you'd be shocked to see how few history books my local libraries have. And most of them are just broad world history, with not much detail being given to various areas. :(

Hive said:
Pfft. You have no reason to complain; at least *you* have access to a library with such information... you'd be shocked to see how few history books my local libraries have. And most of them are just broad world history, with not much detail being given to various areas. :(
Believe me I'm not. My hometown library has just a few 2nd WW books. But therefor I also use only my univs libraries instead ;). Still, I cannot believe there is nothing available online that I can access just sitting in my comfy chair... :eek:

Kasperus said:
Thx Birger, it really helps these seazones to look nice if their borders are actually straight :p. It is encouraging btw that I wasn't the only fool who didn't know how to do that ;)

You're welcome. :)

I'm looking for some maps for you, found this site that has some Central- and Northamerican maps:

http://www.libs.uga.edu/darchive/hargrett/maps/neworld.html

Updated South America with the addition of 'Tordesillas' Brazil, no Amazonian region yet (link in the first post). I'm unsure whether I should feel in the PTI between Mato Grosso (Moxo/Tapepeco on my map) and Isle of Marajo (in Kuruaya)... In standard GC there is the whole Goyas/Mato Grosso region attached to it but its location is entirely wrong there and I connected these provs instead from the east.

Amazonian region and Paraguay/Bolivia are my next stop ;)

Finished South America and part of Central America so here it is in full glory. Damn small Carribean islands will be a hell to click but whatever (and I enlarged them already 2x here).
North America, here I come :cool:

Garbon said:
I really like your Persia/Middle East, you fixed a lot of the errors but still kept the map relatively simple (i.e. not adding to many extraneous provinces).
Well, considered that I know very few of that territory that was the most I could do. Was one of the few territories that I could impossibly go too creative about :D Anyway, I got the British Imperial borders, as well as Ottoman-Persian border and an island to place Ormouz on, at that point it was good enough for me ;)

Kasperus, do you mind overmuch if I use your Australia and South America on my map? With those I'd at long last be finished. I'll credit you of course.

Kasperus said:
1. Australia

First map I made, no Indonesia yet. Based actually on Hive's AoI Australia threads and discussion there, though I sought my own data on native names. My sources are far from reliable and accurate (you don't want to know what sources I used here :p) so if anyone knows anything better please say so - but of course as long as these are nice aborigin. And yes, I think Norfolk is very important.

Tasmania is hardly an aboriginal name :)

You may find http://www.foundingdocs.gov.au/pathways/index.htm useful... also, many of the current areas seem to have taken aboriginal town names, but it's jarring (for an Australian like myself) to see them spelt 'wrongly'; e.g. Paramata -> Parramatta, Towoomba -> Toowoomba. And Parramatta is part of present day Sydney, nowhere near West enough to be part of a separate province.

Finally, I'd be tempted to put one or two more provinces in the South-Western corner, and remove some from the Eastern inland regions. A current land use map may give you ideas about which areas were/are easily exploited:
http://www.nlwra.gov.au/archive/min...esources_and_mgt/05_Land_Use_Mapping/map.html

@MKJ
no problem, though as it looks Australia will be somewhat overhauled ;)

@wryun
yeah, well, I knew the names I was using were probably wrong, since again, my own sources did not look very reliable ;) These native names on the map you linked are great and I will redo the map using them, fits also nicely with the naming I use for America (that is also names of tribes in essence).
What is then the 'aboriginal' name of Tasmania? I thought Macquarie was European as well or did I think too much here? ;)
And I think I could spare 1 or 2 more provinces for west Australia but then I'd like to know where exactly they would fit best? I thought already about the region around Esperance and either one inland province bordering then these 3 coastal. However, I cannot find on my not-so-accurate maps any settlements of importance there from before ~1850 or so. Unless you mean the Kalgoorloe/Kambalda reiog? Was that already exploited by then?

Kasperus said:
What is then the 'aboriginal' name of Tasmania? I thought Macquarie was European as well or did I think too much here? ;)

Macquarie certainly is European... the problem with Tasmanian names in general is that full-blood Tasmanian aboriginals were all killed or died from disease during the 19th century, and their languages were basically lost. I found a rather dubious website claiming that Trowerner should be the name, which I guess is better than nothing. Wikipedia has some (not all) of the tribe names: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmanian_Aborigine

And I think I could spare 1 or 2 more provinces for west Australia but then I'd like to know where exactly they would fit best? I thought already about the region around Esperance and either one inland province bordering then these 3 coastal. However, I cannot find on my not-so-accurate maps any settlements of importance there from before ~1850 or so. Unless you mean the Kalgoorloe/Kambalda reiog? Was that already exploited by then?

Having just looked at a 'areas occupied by 1850' map it does appear that the area up to Esperance wasn't settled at this time (just searched; website said 1863). Kalgoorlie certainly wasn't settled until later. I'm not sure exactly what your aim is with this map, however: do you want to represent all areas that could have been effectively colonised/occupied in the 18th/early-19th centuries, or only those that were?

(EDIT: going on that map, you should dump Broome, Yila, Tiharda, Eharana, Iriad, and almost all of Murai... I'd definitely dump Broome in any case)