• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr.Moon said:
How can I install WATK in order to continue using the default map needed for the mods?
You must make a second copy of your EU2 installation, and there you can unzip the WATK files... :)

rybka said:
its a loooong christmas break :) i wish i had similar ;) good luck with new map
Well, technically I'm college-free till 5 february... :D

Mr.Moon said:
How can I install WATK in order to continue using the default map needed for the mods?
You can do a secondary install as the_genius mentionned, or if you use 3.11 you can use it in moddir with ModLauncher.

I didn't do much last week since I was more or less off with flue, and unable to do much more than playing ck and trying the eu3 demo... ;) Since apparently eu3 won't work very well on my PC until I have the cash for a better videocard, I will for the moment continue with my kgeca project although w/o any real hurry...

Besides that I did some more changes/fixes to 'standard' watk, mostly scenariobased but I also did some text-edits as suggested in this thread. Some smaller province.csv fixes. Updated revolters - some were resurrected to simulate usable countries (like Franconia and Anhalt) which I intend to properly represent in kgeca; added also another country or two to the scenariofiles. Finally I 'borrowed' some agceep events from szmik's extrawatk - specifically dealing with Austrian inheritances and some Hungarian and Bohemian stuff - which I included in somewhat simplified version. In general nothing fancy but I'll update the watk 3.11 files to 3.12 with these changes sometimes next week.

Congrats to a great India in WATK, the best so far, much more accurate than in AGCEEP. I downloaded the Extra WATK but sadly the vanilla WATK was taken away and replaced by the AGCEEP version. IMHO the vanilla should be kept since AGCEEP works with a much less detailed map and has to reduced the states in India (No Mewar or Gwalior fex).

Judge said:
Congrats to a great India in WATK, the best so far, much more accurate than in AGCEEP. I downloaded the Extra WATK but sadly the vanilla WATK was taken away and replaced by the AGCEEP version. IMHO the vanilla should be kept since AGCEEP works with a much less detailed map and has to reduced the states in India (No Mewar or Gwalior fex).
On that you should rather complain to szmik, since I'm not involved in extra watk, and neither in agceep for that matter.

Kasperus said:
On that you should rather complain to szmik, since I'm not involved in extra watk, and neither in agceep for that matter.

I know ;)

Elio Vasa said:
Maybe I understood not well,
but by command whiteman = yes in the lines of the scenario
a pagan harbour can build ships that otherwise couldn't do? :(
No idea really, never modified anything with that. The only thing I know about whiteman value is that it only matters for countries with capitals in provinces with continent = america (religion does not matter).

Elio Vasa said:
About building ships?
Europeans can do it since start ...

afaik it works with American countries only. They can't build ships nor cavalry.

There's a bug in one of the events included in the WATK 3.11 download; looks like an old version of The Act of Union event from before the flagname command existed. Since that was added the older flag command has been broken.
In major_eng.txt event 3037 this:
Code:
		command = { type = flag which = 6 }
should be
Code:
		command = { type = flagname which = UK }
(Reported by someone else in this thread .)

Quick question that someone with the mod can hopefully answer me:

How are the Ryukyu Islands modelled here? Might there be a screenie of East Asia somewhere in this thread that I missed?

Last edited:
jdrou said:
There's a bug in one of the events included in the WATK 3.11 download; looks like an old version of The Act of Union event from before the flagname command existed. Since that was added the older flag command has been broken.
In major_eng.txt event 3037 this:
Code:
		command = { type = flag which = 6 }
should be
Code:
		command = { type = flagname which = UK }
(Reported by someone else in this thread .)
I'm sorry but these are the commands from 1.09 vanilla, which is the latest official (or any) patch. Watk was built on that patch, for obvious reasons... I will adjust that whenever I upload the next version.

Sternness said:
Quick question that someone with the mod can hopefully answer me:

How are the Ryukyu Islands modelled here? Might there be a screenie of East Asia somewhere in this thread that I missed?
I have no screenie at hand but Ryukyu Islands are modelled on the map as one province for the islands. In the standard scenario included Ryukyu was made lvl1 colony of Japan, which I'm aware of that it is not historical, but I never got around to do anything else about... ;)

Kasperus said:
I'm sorry but these are the commands from 1.09 vanilla, which is the latest official (or any) patch. Watk was built on that patch, for obvious reasons... I will adjust that whenever I upload the next version.
It isn't that way in my 1.09 vanilla (major_eng.txt date is May 10, 2005). It WAS that way in all the last beta patches before 1.09 though so maybe you used the last beta by mistake.