• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zimfan said:
Cool. it's nice to see an AAR about my home state, although it pains me to see the DFW area as part of the province of Waco. :p
Preach on, my Brother.

Waco is a piddly ass backwater and should be greatful for receiving such undeserved recognition in the game. (not that Dallas is the Paris of the South ...)

Last edited:
spl said:
I have renamed Waco to Dallas, don't worry.... I visit Dallas often. (Not inside the actual city of course....)

heh - the 'burbs don't count. If I didn't work out in the burbs I'd never go there ...

I wonder where did you get an english speaking president as 99.9% of your population is spanish :cool:
And I wonder how he got enough votes to become the president :rofl:

spl said:
Oh, hiding in 40 screenshots in my screenshot folder. :D (That's how I remember what happened)
does that mean you have short term memory!? :D

An AAR written by a guy with short-term memory​

Sounds like a good news article headline.

Sam Houston actually was the President of Texas, a couple times. Later he would serve as a Senator for the state, and a Governor after it became part of the U.S.

The area that is now Texas was pretty empty as far as population, which is why Mexico encouraged Americans to immigrate there (Now you know why some Americans I so wierd when it comes to immigration. They fear a repeat in reverse of Texas and California. ;) ). I'm not sure which population was larger in Texas, American or Mexican, but I know when the revolution first started the Americans had the support of much of the Mexican population, and it was much more of a cooperative effort in the start to rebel against Santa Anna.

Not sure how much of this bears on spl's alternative history, though.

Enewald said:
I wonder where did you get an english speaking president as 99.9% of your population is spanish :cool:
And I wonder how he got enough votes to become the president :rofl:

The ONLY historical thing here is Sam Houston being the president and the flag. I stated this is a very ahistorical AAR in the first post.
Example:
Real Texas Revolution: Texas vs Mexico
My Texas Revolution: Texas, USA, vs Spain, British

I suppose I will do some things that have historical references, I can educate Europeans that we don't all ride horses and eat beef every meal! (Although I need my beef, never ridden a horse though)

Presidency of Thimoty Jay I

Sam Houston resigned after 1 year of the war due to illness and wounds from Spanish gunfire. Now a cousin of him ran for election and won. Thimoty Jay(5/5/8). By August 1st the war was back on and Thimoty Jay settled in with the 1st National Army to defend Houston.

revolution.jpg

Meanwhile the USA is kicking some British ass.​

The army watched Houston and Dallas carefully. Small Spanish armies constantly tried to seize control and put the people under a King again. We held out until January. But wars cannot be won by sitting in an office watching small Spanish armies being tortured. Jay realized it, and started the Louisianian offensive. The first target was Chitimacha, a colony of less than 900. It was quickly seized and a colonist was sent to get the population to become more Texas-like. We introduced BBQ as well.

lo.jpg

We then advanced into Caddo but it was too big to seize. But just north of that, Arkansas was small enough to shift rulers. And even further north was Quapaw, which was also seized and put under the rule of Texas.

Then the army moved into Wichita to secure the area. But 5,000 Spanish men arrived and the army had to quickly move into Dallas to stop the fall of the 2nd largest city in Texas. Small Spanish armies now roamed all throughout the region, and a game of Cat and Mouse had begun. And there must have been cheese somewhere because the mice just kept coming.

No serious battle occurred until the fall of Corpus Christi in late November 1778. The 1st National Army was quickly sent out to take the city back. Our 8,000 men quickly lowered the morale of the 5,000 Spanish men and the battle was won.
The 2nd National Army had spent its days traveling in the lands west of Texas to convince the Spanish the war was lost. But it would not come easily.

The small regiment of calvary reached Missouri, the most northern Spanish colony, and took it and flew the Texas flag over it.

But quickly a peace was signed, shocking the nation. Texas got 2 cities west of Houston and only a few days later the United States signed a treaty with the British and the USA got much of the south.

Greatexpectations.jpg

The new Republics​

What next? Agriculture has become the prime source of income now. Will it collapse and will manufacturing take over? Will the French return? Will I cancel this AAR? Find out when I update again!

Besides Texas not looking like texas anymore.

Texas and the USA have a land connection is this a miracle or a bad omen? This AAR has me at the edge of my seat. I just don't know what will happen next.

btw Don't cancel this AAR :D

what I think is interesting is that the US has territory in Michigan and further northwest, completely :rofl: isolated by Britain....